Travis

How did you discover Travis?
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 1:26 AM Quote
Heard them on the radio? Mate dragged you to a gig? Let's hear the stories.

Re: How did you discover Travis?
champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 1:29 AM Quote
I heard them by the courtesy of Oasis. Travis were supporting them just before they release The Man Who I guess. That is how I was grabbed and addicted eversince.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 1:36 AM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
grabbed and addicted eversince.

I can relate to this haha. :)

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 1:42 AM Quote
HAHAHA!
You are reading between the lines. :-P

kevinnn
kevinnn Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 1:54 AM Quote
heard them on the radio when they released why does it always rain on me. then i bought good feeling and i was amazed at how raw they used to be.

mayfly
mayfly Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:01 AM Quote
I had to dictate a song in an English class long long times ago. The lyrics were quite obscure and hard to follow with my poor english. My very first impression was: what the hell is 'my inisde is outside', why is 'my right side on the left side'. I just wasn't happy with what I dictated.
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/ladjin/909247.gif

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:03 AM Quote
I was hanging out at my best friend Kara's house I think it was freshman year of high school and she let me borrow a copy of "The Man Who" that she was borrowing from another girl at school. Well...I never gave it back! LOL. Fell in love with Travis after the first listen!!

audrey
audrey Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:10 AM Quote
i actually found them accidentally by going to the sigur ros dc++ hub. someone had a list of hubs and travis was one. i listened to one show of theirs and was hooked.
im still good friends with the person who started the hub to this day! heehee!

:D

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:45 AM Quote
Saw them when they were young uns on Jools Holland... then nuthing much and heard them on the radio.. and the rest was history..

I've a great story though.. Sad and funny... At me da's funeral the radio was coming in through the PA system in the church and that was grand couldn't really hear it clearly until.... it got really quiet and next of all "why does it always rain on me" was blastin through.. I was trying not to laugh the sholders were shakin up and down the aunties probably thought I was bawling me eyes out! ... but couldn't help it ... Me da would have thought it was funny too...! I hope!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 2:52 AM Quote
a guy i dated asked me if i listened to them...i said no. he told me i should listen to them, but i didn't.

then a few months later, i heard WDIAROM on the radio, and thought, "oh, shoulda listened to him." i was hooked since!
don't talk much to that guy anymore though...hehe!

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 3:52 AM Quote
My friend asked me to download "The Invisible Band" for her two years ago because she had the cd back in Indonesia, but when she moved to the States she left them all behind :( So yeah, I downloaded the cd, and admittedly didn't think much of it other than the songs "Sing" and "Side" were oddly familiar. One year later, I relistened and was amazed at what I had overlooked!! Now I have every cd and LOVE LOVE LOVE them :) I'm a late blossomer is all.

Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 3:56 AM Quote
They were everywhere some what hard to miss and someone bought me The Man Who :-)

Boring but true

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:17 AM Quote
At a school disco. March 1998. More Than Us was one of the 'slow songs' where couples got up to slow dance. I didn't have anyone, so i sat and listened.

I'd never heard a song so beautiful, and i fell in love. Right there and then. Such a beautiful, fragile opening. Then it builds with the strings into this gorgeous crescendo- and that's what grabbed me. I instantly thought 'this is the best song ever'. It's still my favourite. And i've never stopped loving them :)

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 8:21 AM Quote
Summer 1997. I'm on a ferry going to Germany on a school trip with an orchestra. I can still remember it - just about to nick out to the ships bar to try and sneak an underage pint and we've got the cabin radio on. You know those tinny little radios you get on ships, with the small metal grills over the speaker? Well U16 Girls came on and even on that it sounded great. Asked my pal John who they were. Bought the single when I got back to blighty. Got Good Feeling (& Be Here Now!) for my 16th Birthday (released the week before). And the rest, as they say, is history

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 10:13 AM Quote
I heard them on the radio or the television or some such when I was very young indeed...
Of course they were hard to miss when you live in Scotchland...

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:19 AM