Travis

Re: a couple of questions.
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 4:31 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
I dunno if any of you guys know what that is, but basically it's cross-country with rifle shooting in between, hehe ;-)

I love biathlon!

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 4:41 PM Quote
I live in Madrid, Spain

The weather here is cold but very sunny

The thing I like most about winter... reading under my soft warm feather blanket (edredon nórdico... Mónica... help!) maybe to lit the fireplace in my parent´s house in the countryside... I prefer spring and summer...don´t deal with cold temperatures, my nose gets so red people ask me how many whiskies i have drunk!!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 4:50 PM Quote
I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
We couldn't be any further from winter. It's very hot, sunny and humid. I hate it but it's a normal december.
What I love about winter is staying at home, reading a book, listening to music cozy in my bed. I love wearing coats and scarves, hot chocolate...
My favourite season is fall.

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 5:22 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I wouldn't play unless I got to be Steve Yzerman. :P

I <3 Steve Yzerman. My old flatmate was Canadian and he got me into hockey via NHL 2k5 on the XboX. I was always the Detroit Red Wings. I've even got a 2002 Stanley Cup Winners Steve Yzerman jersey. Pwesome.

Anyway, winter for me. Best season by far. There's not a lot I enjoy more than layering up for the cool crisp snow filled mornings.

Much better than summer. I hate being warm. In a typically Scottish way, anything over 21DegC is "Too Warm for me".

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 5:48 PM Quote
pixiedixie wrote:
I live in Madrid, Spain

The weather here is cold but very sunny

The thing I like most about winter... reading under my soft warm feather blanket (edredon nórdico... Mónica... help!) maybe to lit the fireplace in my parent´s house in the countryside... I prefer spring and summer...don´t deal with cold temperatures, my nose gets so red people ask me how many whiskies i have drunk!!!

It's cold, but not too much. I think it's OK.
And I think you can say eiderdown instead of blanket. Anyway, if anybody doesn't understand what we're saying, it's this:
http://aycu34.webshots.com/image/34233/2001305040123426454_rs.jpg

What I like most of the winter is this:
http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/34594/2005289147573238507_rs.jpg
XD XD XD

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 6:21 PM Quote
Thanks!

OHHHH YESSSS chocolate with churros in San Ginés, I forgot! yummmmmm

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 6:30 PM Quote
Not at all ;)
How could you forget churros?????? Hahahaha.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 7:07 PM Quote
* I live in Cornwall, in the south-west of England.
* The weather is like this. So quite bad really! It's very windy.
* My favourite thing about winter is (of course!) Christmas, but apart from that, I love the crispness of the air (but not when it's being blown in your face at lots of miles an hour!)

kiwi
kiwi Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 7:17 PM Quote
1. I live in Bournemouth, Dorset
2. It's a bit chilly, not too bad. Yesterday it was so cold, windy and rainy it was unbelievable.
3. My favourite thing about winter is that it gets dark earlier.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 7:18 PM Quote
I live near Detroit. Today it is cold and windy, high of 33F and low of 25F.

When I was a kid I loved winter because of all the snow. It doesn't snow like it used to around here. We used to get snow 2 feet deep and school would be closed all week. Not fun for our parents, but fun for kids! Now it seems like we get 6 inches and that's it. It's just COLLLLD. When it gets into the teens and it's windy and you have to bundle up little children twice a day, it takes the fun out of it.

Another thing, I don't know if it's just me, but I just can't handle the cold as an adult the way I could as a child. Anyone agree with this? I went to the resale shop last month and bought a nice Eddie Bauer down-filled coat (for dirt cheap!) to try to stay warm this year. It's huge and puffy, but hey, it looks like it'll do the trick. I'm just about ready to bring it out today! The wind is a killer.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 7:45 PM Quote

Dublin, Republican Free State of Ireland

Shite, Wet & Cold and Miserable

Spending a day off tucked up in bed listening to the shitty weather knowing you don't have to deal with it

Dubz

juskho
juskho Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 11:00 PM Quote
Norway
Cloudy/Raind (but weve had snow twice this year)
Best thing? Hmmm, maybe all the people walking as close to eash other as possible to stay warm?
I?m not a very xmassy person. But as long as it`s still cold, the polarbears might stand a chance..let`s hope

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 12:22 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
I dunno if any of you guys know what that is, but basically it's cross-country with rifle shooting in between, hehe ;-)

I love biathlon!

Yay, you do? Well, of course Poland do have some great biathletes :-) Gwizdon and Sikora are the ones I can remember from the top of my head right now. But of course Norway is gonna slash the Polzkys in the world cup, lol :P No one can beat Ole Einar Bjørndalen really.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 12:25 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

I love biathlon!

Yay, you do? Well, of course Poland do have some great biathletes :-) Gwizdon and Sikora are the ones I can remember from the top of my head right now. But of course Norway is gonna slash the Polzkys in the world cup, lol :P No one can beat Ole Einar Bjørndalen really.

I'm kinda impressed you know our biathletes!
And I have to agree about Bjorndalen :)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 1:36 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

I love biathlon!

didn't know Dick Cheyney was also a biatlon adept

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:36 PM