Travis

Re: I miss the night time thread!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:46 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
job hunting, nikki? how's the job market there?

random question: i've been under weather since thanksgiving. it was just a regular cold and cough, but now i have an ear ache, like something piercing inside my ear. is that a bad sign? should i go see a doctor?

Sorry Jude! You should see a doctor. Hope you feel better :/

No! The job market in Michigan SUCKS right now. Everyone is leaving. We are in serious trouble here. The automotive industry is really struggling right now, which hurts everyone here in one way or another. I, for example, worked for a newspaper that relied on advertising from local dealerships. Well, they're all pulling their ads now to save money and the paper is pretty much going under. :/ But I know I'm talented and I have faith I'll find a better job. I was tired of writing about cars all the time anyway. It gets old quick. I'll just miss driving brand new cars around. It was a nice perk! Back to the 2005 Sebring for me!

PS: HI ANDREW! :D *waves pom-pons*

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:47 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:

Oh no, the movie is excellent! If you're insane than I am too! He's scary skinny, but damn the movie rocks!

Oh, and hello everybody :)

Haha, I sort of already assumed nats was crazy ;)

Hello to you.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:48 AM Quote
hey monkey, you said you live in dumfries? see, i sing this song:

"at the border into dumfries
slow and see the rhinoceres
get pulled over by the police on the m666
5 hungry joes hit the steering wheel"

i've been a fan of the trashcan sinatras forever :-)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:49 AM Quote
Good luck with the job hunt Nikki. I wish you the best! Reminds me I need to find something to do next quarter. Gah.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:49 AM Quote
Andrew, could you kindly stop posting moments before we make a comment about how you aren't posting? It requires much editing on our part. Thanks :)

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:52 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
heyjude wrote:
job hunting, nikki? how's the job market there?

random question: i've been under weather since thanksgiving. it was just a regular cold and cough, but now i have an ear ache, like something piercing inside my ear. is that a bad sign? should i go see a doctor?

Sorry Jude! You should see a doctor. Hope you feel better :/

No! The job market in Michigan SUCKS right now. Everyone is leaving. We are in serious trouble here. The automotive industry is really struggling right now, which hurts everyone here in one way or another. I, for example, worked for a newspaper that relied on advertising from local dealerships. Well, they're all pulling their ads now to save money and the paper is pretty much going under. :/ But I know I'm talented and I have faith I'll find a better job. I was tired of writing about cars all the time anyway. It gets old quick. I'll just miss driving brand new cars around. It was a nice perk! Back to the 2005 Sebring for me!

PS: HI ANDREW! :D *waves pom-pons*

ay, that doesn't sound good. best of luck to you!

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:53 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
hey monkey, you said you live in dumfries? see, i sing this song:

"at the border into dumfries
slow and see the rhinoceres
get pulled over by the police on the m666
5 hungry joes hit the steering wheel"

i've been a fan of the trashcan sinatras forever :-)

i do indeed live in Dumfries :( but i can't say i know the song or even the band, are they a "big band"?

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:53 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
nats wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
nats wrote:

I dont know about batman but yesterday i watched the machinist for the 100th time i guess... Mr Bale is an amazing actor

I've yet to see the machinist- want to, and based on the fact that you've seen it 100 times, i'll assume it's good? :)

you can assume that or that im insane or both :)
anyway you should see it

Oh no, the movie is excellent! If you're insane than I am too! He's scary skinny, but damn the movie rocks!

Oh, and hello everybody :)

hello to you :)

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:53 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
Andrew, could you kindly stop posting moments before we make a comment about how you aren't posting? It requires much editing on our part. Thanks :)

Haha! He's gotta make it difficult!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:55 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
Nikki wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
Nikki wrote:

It is crazy! He hides it well for his roles cuz I had no clue! I like him as an actor. He sure can get really skinny for his films.

He is amazing! Anyone super excited for the next Batman? just me?

*crosses fingers* I don't want to jinx it...but right now the board is actually working well. It would be great if we could get back to night time threads! I missed you all!

Ashley...I'm always excited when new Batman movies come out. I always go to see them in the theater. Is Christian Bale going to be Batman again? I thought he did a pretty good job...although no one can touch Michael Keaton. He rocked as Batman. :) I <3 Michael Keaton...Beetlejuice...Mr. Mom, C'mon!

Have any of you heard about this new film coming out in 2008 called "Valkyrie" with Tom Cruise? He plays a Nazi, Col. Claus von Stauffenberg, who actually attempted to assassinate Hitler. Say what you will about Tom Cruise...he may be a weirdo now...but I still love his movies and think he's an exciting actor. I love WWII movies, so I'm looking forward to that one.

I think Christian Bale's my fav Batman (hence the extreme excitement). And I love that you love WWII movies. I've a rather odd affinity for them.
EDIT: I haven't heard of that new Tom Cruise movie. I might have to momentarily lift my boycott on his movies and check it out.

Cool! "The Pianist" is my favorite movie. I don't know what it is about WWII movies, but I love them. Have you seen "Life is Beautiful"? I think it has a lot to do with my dad and growing up around his love for history and history books all over my house and also the fact that I am Polish and visiting Auschwitz made me want to know everything I possibly could about it. It was the biggest eye opener of my life.

Oh, and "The Machinist" is on my list of movies I have to see!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:55 AM Quote
Wow! People around??? And the board is functioning? Be still my beating heart!

nats
nats Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:55 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:

lol good point.

nikki: good luck with your job hunt

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:55 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

Haha! He's gotta make it difficult!

i will take note and try my best to post at more appropriate times :)

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:56 AM Quote
nats wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

lol good point.

nikki: good luck with your job hunt

i will second that, best of luck Nikki!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 2:57 AM Quote
Hi Carlotta! :)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:06 PM