Travis

Re: Double Take Tracks
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 7:11 AM Quote
I've got another one song that fits into this catagory.
Safe. At first I was like, "Wow, can I take another song that's titled with a 4 lettered word starting with S..." (No, I didn't really think that). But I didn't really think anything of it. Sing is my favorite song, so it kind of overshadows all of, "The Invisible Band." But it's so good. I love Fran's voice on it... ahhhhh. It reminds me of summer. Okay I'm done.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 9:25 AM Quote
One Night. Never really had that with Travis actually. Had it with Radiohead mostly. Hated something and then loved it.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 7:58 AM Quote
This may sound like blasphemy but, I did not like Happy the first time I heard it. I really did think, "Bleh, okay okay! You're happy! I get it!" But then I saw them perform it on, More Than Us: Live in Glasgow, and I thought, "Oh man, that song is tremendous." It just has this energy that makes you... dare I say... happy. It's absolutely brilliant.

I guess some songs just gotta grow on you.

I want to hear this live sooooo badly.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 4:42 PM Quote
yuzuki wrote:
When I heard "3 times and you lose" I thought "it looks like a country song..." :/
That bothers me a little, but now... I listen all the time; the lyric, the notes... everything is just perfect. Is one of my favourites.

COUNTRY? Hahaha...hmmm...I would never put the two together, but I guess everybody's ears are different! :)

"I Love You Anyways" REALLY grew on me after I heard it live this summer in Detroit. More recently, "Afterglow" has grown on me. For me, it was always a song I liked, but was overshadowed by the other amazing tracks on The Invisible Band. But listening to it now, the music is really beautiful, especially after the part "you leave nothin' for me," it's very Beatle-ish and the outro music is so peaceful. I also love the line "Raising a smile makes it all worthwhile."

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 27 Nov, 2007 10:42 PM Quote
yuzuki wrote:
When I heard "3 times and you lose" I thought "it looks like a country song..." :/

so.. you haven't heard real/hard country! http://i14.tinypic.com/6nsw4ec.gif

noreply9
noreply9 Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 3:45 AM Quote
At first I thought Happy was a little boring, but now its one of my favorite! Also Safe and Eyes Wide Open, I cant believe I didnt like them at first!

yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 5:04 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
yuzuki wrote:
That bothers me a little, but now... I listen all the time; the lyric, the notes... everything is just perfect. Is one of my favourites.

COUNTRY? Hahaha...hmmm...I would never put the two together, but I guess everybody's ears are different! :)

Well in fact... TO ME, a lot of song of the last album has american influence. I'm not an expert in that, but I can notice. Is my opinion.

Yulia Nox wrote:

Noup

martina
martina Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 8:31 PM Quote
How Many Hearts.... 3 Times and You Lose...
the first time I listened to The Invisible Band, I remember I didn't really like any track after Follow The Light :P I've changed my mind, of course!

Why Does It Always Payne On Me
Why Does It Always Payne On Me Posted Thu 29 Nov, 2007 9:14 PM Quote
Excellent topic!

Lemme think... I'm going with "Last Train" -- because at first I thought -- ughhh, another melancholy tune, I'll pass... but then those last few lines! And the way he just trails off at the end! LOVE.

Also, "How Many Hearts" and "The Fear." Thank the Ally Pally DVD for that!

I bit the inside of my lip and it's all sore. *sulk*

mishus
mishus Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 3:15 PM Quote
coming around.. at first i thought: what a shit.. but now i can't understand what i didn't like on it.. it's sooo good!:)

mayfly
mayfly Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 3:30 PM Quote
The songs started as nothing but turn out something in many years are:

I love you anyways
Driftwood
Last train
The cage
Indefinitely
Paperclips

At first, I didn't like any of those. They used to be skipping tracks but now they are my favourites on each album.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 3:41 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Safe. It reminds me of summer.

Wow, really? :)
It definitely reminds me of winter and being snug in front of a fire in a little country cottage in Scotland, and feeling like you would be scared if someone else wasn't there. Strange how the same song has completely different meanings for some people.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 3:42 PM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
yuzuki wrote:

Does hardcore country exist?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:
yuzuki wrote:

Does hardcore country exist?

ayup look up some of the great twangy stuff outta bakersfield like buck Owens or Dwight yoakem .

in the 80's there was the so called COWPUNK movement , RANK & FILE, Beat Farmers two that pop into mind . The Beatles & the Byrds totally tapped their toes to country

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:00 AM