Travis

Double Take Tracks
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 8:36 AM Quote
What are some Travis songs that you've listened to, and at first, it's not that you disliked it, but it didn't really jump out at you. Then you went back to the album, listened again, and thought, "Wow! I really like this song! How did I not notice it's awesome-ness before?"

For me it's How Many Hearts. I swear, that song is amazingly beautiful. I'd love to hear it live. I do have the live version of it from MTV Road to Edinburgh.

More recently it's also, "I Forget My Name." I was listening to it in the car today on my way to work. So good. Love Dougie's voice.

Re: Double Take Tracks
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 9:37 AM Quote
Nice topic Lauren.

Mmmm I'm gonna go with The Fear. Didn't really like it until I watched the live at ally pally DVD where they play the rockier version. After that I went back to it and realized I quite like it-in fact I think it has been one of my most played recently. I'm adding this to my wishlist of their songs I want to hear live. And done!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 9:54 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
Nice topic Lauren.

Mmmm I'm gonna go with The Fear. Didn't really like it until I watched the live at ally pally DVD where they play the rockier version. After that I went back to it and realized I quite like it-in fact I think it has been one of my most played recently. I'm adding this to my wishlist of their songs I want to hear live. And done!

Same here. I love love LOVE the heavier version of The Fear. I found an mp3 of that too.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 10:12 AM Quote
At the time "Good Feeling" came out, I wasn't a big fan of "Falling Down". Months later, I listened to it again and I guess it just matched the situation then - I couldn't help listening to it over and over again.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 2:17 PM Quote
Colder!
at first it was Ok, but now I love it!!

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 3:52 PM Quote
Big chair, I didn't like it the first time I heard it. But now I love it.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 5:31 PM Quote
Actually it was...
Peace the f*ck out...
I don't know why I didn't like it at first... But now I love it *_*

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 6:15 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
Actually it was...
Peace the f*ck out...

Really?
So far that has not grown on me...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 6:31 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
At the time "Good Feeling" came out, I wasn't a big fan of "Falling Down". Months later, I listened to it again and I guess it just matched the situation then - I couldn't help listening to it over and over again.

All of Good Feeling, personally! I didn't except the rockiness and I was really disappointed for a bit. Then I played it again and loved it :P
I Love You Anyways is an amazing song that I've only started liking in the past couple of months. I love the way Fran's voice cuts through so clearly at the beginning of the verses.

anace
anace Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 8:50 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Eledh wrote:
Actually it was...
Peace the f*ck out...

Really?

:O really? that has to be one of my favourite Travis tracks

For me it would be Under the Moonlight. The first time I heard it I was like 'eeehh ok' but then I kept skipping it wen listening to the album. But now I love it and it's constantly stuck in my head.

scummy
scummy Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 8:53 PM Quote
'good feeling' never got me at first, now I love it, specially the 'i've got a claes feeling' version :P

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 9:12 PM Quote
scummy wrote:
'good feeling' never got me at first, now I love it, specially the 'i've got a claes feeling' version :P

Lol, excellent point!
'Makes me feel like I come from Sveden
Back to that Claus feeling'

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 10:07 PM Quote
Luv, it used to kind of bore me, but then the sadness and yearning of the song hit me and I fell in love.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 11:55 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Eledh wrote:
Actually it was...
Peace the f*ck out...

Really?

the same situation here

yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 12:00 AM Quote
When I heard "3 times and you lose" I thought "it looks like a country song..." :/
That bothers me a little, but now... I listen all the time; the lyric, the notes... everything is just perfect. Is one of my favourites.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:26 PM