Travis

Re: What did Travis say about The Killers?
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 7:56 AM Quote
anace wrote:

But Travis, they are just something completely different and probably if I dare to say, more beautiful. The thing with Travis is that you don't need the whole big show set up to enjoy their gig. You don't need anything actually. It's just a different feel to it, nothing to do with profesionalism ;) It's more of a "you're here, we're here.. let's play some music and have fun!". Pretty simple, but pretty real too.

I love simplicity, I guess that's why I love Travis. It's more like we are with some friends listening to some beautiful songs without thinking that you're with some rude rockstars. We need no show, we need that they show us their soul. Totally agree with "Pretty simple, but pretty real too."

Selfish_arg
Selfish_arg Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 1:40 PM Quote
Well I think most of the people that night in Buenos Aires were there for The Killers, others like me for both, and others for Travis... so I think Travis did something unusual connecting with all the people, even with who didn't go there for them... they did what in argentina we say: "Ganarse el publico" (if someone can explain it better, please =P)and that's very important...

About people that says Killers were "uncool" I think just because Travis were too cool with audience and the killers did a really great show,something extremly different and Brandon is a great show performer...

Well, that's all... I only want fot them both to come back... PLEASE COME BACK TO ARGENTINA AGAIN!!
=P

hahaha..

CHEERS!

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 1:44 PM Quote
Travis are my ideal type band to see live because I HATE big venues and I hate paying a lot of money to see bands just go through the motions. Music is experiential for me; I need to be a part of the show and that requires a connection to the artist.

That being said, a band can still get away without being super interactive with the crowd if they are a.) very talented and b.) enjoying themselves. The Shins are a perfect example. They don't have a ton to say (though they don't completely ignore the audience) but you can see that they love what they're doing and they f**king ROCK live.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 3:04 PM Quote
Having seen both bands a few times I have to agree. With The Killers its as much about the stage show as it is their music and having seen then in both small and large venues I'd say they pull of the large ones best.
Whereas when Travis played arenas there felt to be something missing. The crowd interaction that you get at smaller Travis gigs is something that no other band I've seen manage to pull off. Travis's down to earthness makes gigs feel like everyone is in it together whereas with some bands its very much us and them!

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 3:13 PM Quote
Lu! It's great you've got interested in Travis since the last show!! didn't know that :) And yes, they are still persons firts before being stars, so they are so considerating to people, not only fans...

And i like "the killers" very much (perhaps i like the music style but i'm not too involved with lyrics) so i stayed in the show for listening to them. But just i listened.. i only jumped when they played "all the things that i've done" which i love it!! and always wanted to do that with that song, you know jaja
But I think they were good songs in a distant way, comparing to Travis.

Cheers! see you

francks20
francks20 Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 3:18 PM Quote
I actually love both bands, I went to the Yeah Fest in Bs As because of The Killers and Travis. But we can`t compare the Travis`s show with The Killers`s show, they were completely different in many ways...as they said, Travis were so unproffesional and that`s why the crowd love them.
In the show I had a the killers`s fan right beside me and in the end of the show he was completely dissapointed because of the kind of show that the killers had offer.
Cheers!!

F

Ladybug
Ladybug Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 6:04 PM Quote
Lu122 wrote:
Seeing them up on the stage made me feel the same way I feel when I see my friends perform.

That is so incredibly apt. I totally agree with what you've said...
You leave with the feeling of really having had an emotional connection with the band & personally, I don't think there's anyone out there who's capable of doing that in quite the same way.

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 6:16 PM Quote
^^ Yes, I don't know any other band who can do that either!

And I know most Killers' fans were disapointed about their show, but one of the main reasons for that was that most people thought that it was going to be a longer show after seeing Travis play for almost two hours!

And just in case you want to know what The Killers had to say about Travis, I've heard them say once that one of the first songs they played together when they first became a band was a Travis cover, so... I guess they like them! haha

anace wrote:
PS. the rockstars comment made me laugh! rockstars? are you serious? have you seen their last xmas song video? haha

"A bullet in your what?" haha... Don't Shoot Me Santa, it's kinda funny! Although Brandon's baby picture freaked me out! He looks exactly like me when I was that age!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 7:38 PM Quote
I disagree with the "unprofessionalism" part.
When I saw Travis that night I thought "man, these guys know what they're doing!". It was clear that they have years and years of experience, that's why they seemed so comfortable on stage.

anace
anace Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:45 PM Quote
I don't like the word unprofessionalism. For me, a band like that would be one that doesn't go out to perform, or does so horribly, or goes on stage all drunk and stoned.. I do think that's unprofessional.

But also there's not much reason to be that serious during a show, you know. It's music, it is for fun, and Travis can pull that very well :)

Lu122 wrote:

"A bullet in your what?" haha... Don't Shoot Me Santa, it's kinda funny! Although Brandon's baby picture freaked me out! He looks exactly like me when I was that age!

I NEED to stop laughing everytime I hear/read that. seriously! LOL And Brandon looks the same as he does now :P

Selfish_arg
Selfish_arg Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 12:09 AM Quote
I'm disagree with the "unprofessionalism" too...

Buffsak
Buffsak Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 12:22 AM Quote
im also a The Killers messageboard member, i said it before my fav band is the killers, and travis , i love the killers, fran admire them, i knew that, but, i had the oportunity to saw both bands, (and trust me i am a maniatic fan from the killers....really.....O_o) and Travis is much better at the stage, about the feed back, that relation between them and the public is warmer, than a show with TK , they are so diferent, about personality, music, style. but both are awsome, i pray for travis and the killers work together in something...., the killers has been so great for a "new " band they dont even have 5 years, that's why Travis is much better at the stage ...i think XD...jajajaja, and also Brandon is really shy, could be like he is kinda...snob or a smartass but nope he is really shy, and Fran...never, he is a sweet talkative person, anyway...i love them thats my opinion XD. cheers

by the way, if here are latinamericans fans from the killers, visit: www.thedesertrain.com or if u speak spanish jajaja, cheers!

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 1:02 AM Quote
Buffsak wrote:
by the way, if here are latinamericans fans from the killers, visit: www.thedesertrain.com or if u speak spanish jajaja, cheers!

Oh, I'm a lurker there... I haven't even signed up yet... but that's because I'm lazy...

Back to Travis, I'd love to see them working with TK... Although I just can't imagine Fran's and Brandon's voices together... But I bet that'd be amazing!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 1:58 AM Quote
anace wrote:
But Travis, they are just something completely different and probably if I dare to say, more beautiful. The thing with Travis is that you don't need the whole big show set up to enjoy their gig.

Very well thought out post. I esp. liked the part I quoted.

It makes me crack up that they called themselves "unprofessional" when I think they are the tightest band I've ever heard. Since it should first and foremost be about the ruddy music, I think that makes them extremely professional.

Nothing wrong with big staged shows but ultimately honesty touches me much deeper and that is what Travis offers in spades.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2008 11:05 AM Quote
Lu122 wrote:
"When we played with The Killers the other night, Dougie -- the bass player -- turns around to me and says, 'Man, do you ever get the feeling we're really unprofessional?'

I think we've forgotten the context. It was a mildly funny remark by Dougie because they don't take themselves too seriously. I think The Killers are further up the taking-themselves-seriously spectrum, so they try to seem more 'professional' or, in other terms, snazzy. ;)

I think they're very professional in how they prepare for a gig - they always play superbly - but they have so much fun that it's hardly a profession at all!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 2:17 PM