Travis

Hazy Shades Of Gold - What did Dougie do?!
Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 5:23 PM Quote
Well, see, this is my first honest (or not so honest) post in this messageboard, so maybe you find it foolish:

I just heard the song "Hazy Shades Of Gold" and in one line, Fran cries out: "Dougie get back! Dougie! Get back! Thanks." So I really wondered, what was about Dougie? Does anybody know? Or do you just guess?

Re: Hazy Shades Of Gold - What did Dougie do?!
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 6:22 PM Quote
That's a perfectly fine question :-)
And the answer is that when they were recording 'Hazy Shades' Dougie wandered away from the spot where he was supposed to stand, and blocked Frans view of Neil. I can't remember exactly why Fran needed to see Neil, but it has probably something to do with them beeing all in sync or something.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 6:31 PM Quote
Oh, thanks for that quick answer! Well, I really don't understand anything about technics in a studio but it seems to be realistic. Thanks very much! It is just funny that this part stayed in the song and wasn't being cut out. But I love it!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 6:46 PM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:
Oh, thanks for that quick answer! Well, I really don't understand anything about technics in a studio but it seems to be realistic. Thanks very much! It is just funny that this part stayed in the song and wasn't being cut out. But I love it!

Well I was in the neighbourhood ;-)
Actually I was just listening to 'Hazy Shades' when I saw your post. I have it in my favorites-playlist on iTunes :P

I think they left it in there just for the fun of it. I've always wondered if the song is missing any lyrics because of it, but of course when I actually met the guys I forgot to ask.. Classic starstruckness, lol :P

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 9:58 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:

I think they left it in there just for the fun of it. I've always wondered if the song is missing any lyrics because of it, but of course when I actually met the guys I forgot to ask.. Classic starstruckness, lol :P

that was one of the questions i was going to ask fran too! But I spazzed out asked him about that white suit instead... WHY? Oh well, next time.

When you go to the Barrowlands remember to ask him for me okay?

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 11:06 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

that was one of the questions i was going to ask fran too! But I spazzed out asked him about that white suit instead... WHY? Oh well, next time.

Yup, will do! Though I somehow doubt I'll get to talk much with them in Glasgow. There will probably be a million others wanting to talk to them as well ;-) In Oslo we were the only ones (me and happy_me) waiting for them, we had them all to ourselves, and yet I manage to forget all the questions I had thought of.. Ah well, I got my pics, signed setlist and a few words with them, and I'm pretty happy with that :-)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 11:32 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Lol I didn't remember anything that I wanted to ask him. Stupid, stupid. Next time I'll be more prepared.

I'd love to hear Hazy Shades of Gold live. Have they ever done this-anyone know?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 11:48 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

I'd love to hear Hazy Shades of Gold live. Have they ever done this-anyone know?

Yup! Here you go my Curley Girly!

Hazy Shades of Gold.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 11:53 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:

Yup! Here you go my Curley Girly!

Hazy Shades of Gold.

Thanks!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 11:54 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

I have 2 different live versions of 'Hazy Shades', both from 1997. I've uploaded them for you here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/71827537/Hazy_Shades.zip.html

:-)

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 11:00 AM Quote
Thank you very much *hug*
Well, there were actually so many things that I wanted to tell Fran, too when I met him but it was the same as for you: I just stood there and didn't say anything! So I hope they'll come back to Switzerland soon so I can try it a second time! ;)

joemono
joemono Posted Sun 25 Nov, 2007 11:58 PM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:
I've always wondered if the song is missing any lyrics because of it, but of course when I actually met the guys I forgot to ask.. Classic starstruckness, lol :P

One of the versions shared in that zip file contains the original lyrics:

If you knew, false from true
You'd still be up your tree

dude_duf
dude_duf Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 8:04 AM Quote
Could someone upload the mp3 version please?!

GReaT song!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 9:02 PM Quote
Listen to it here on Travisography.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 26 Nov, 2007 10:41 PM Quote
joemono wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
I've always wondered if the song is missing any lyrics because of it, but of course when I actually met the guys I forgot to ask.. Classic starstruckness, lol :P

One of the versions shared in that zip file contains the original lyrics:

If you knew, false from true
You'd still be up your tree

Haha, those are my mp3's and I've never noticed :P I don't listen to them very often as the b-side version is alot better quality. Well, that's for figuring it out for us ;-)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:49 AM