Travis

Post Mortem
Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 10:22 PM Quote
Not enough fight, not enough brains, dreadful tactics, beaten by a team who only needed to turn up, but who played with pride and desire and completely showed us up in our backyard.

Good luck to 'em, they'll go a long way if they play like that next Summer.

I swear, football's gonna be the end of me.

Re: Post Mortem
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 10:34 PM Quote
It will be the end of all of us. Couldnt watch the last 3 minutes. But iam quite sure it wasnt for the same reason as yourself.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 10:49 PM Quote
I didn't enjoy it one bit, I never do with England unless it's a game like the 5-1 in Munich.

Much prefer watching the Wednesday.

mili
mili Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 6:52 AM Quote
We have two tellies. My husband, who's English, watched the England game and I watched the Portugal-Finland one. What a miserable evening for both of us!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 10:25 AM Quote
och well too bad. at least now I don't feel so bad about Scotland not being in

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 10:30 AM Quote
This UEFA Championship is not going to make alot of money without any of the home nations there.
We are the only ones who would have been likely to have stayed there during the tournament.
Every other country can nearly go to a game and be back home in the same day in mainland Europe.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 10:34 AM Quote
I already knew that Denmark wasn't gonna make it, and I didn't expect anything of yesterday's match. But then they went and beat Iceland 3-0. Dunno if they were trying to save their face, but it seems like a lost effort *sigh*

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 11:10 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
This UEFA Championship is not going to make alot of money without any of the home nations there.
We are the only ones who would have been likely to have stayed there during the tournament.
Every other country can nearly go to a game and be back home in the same day in mainland Europe.

ahhh the Swiss wont like that ! lol

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 3:28 PM Quote
More to the point, what the hell are we all going to do next summer?! At least whenever the Scots don't make it, we can amuse ourselves by buying random Trinidad & Tobago tops and supporting whoever is playing agains the English, for a bit of banter and to give us some interest.

But who gives a shit who wins it now?! Mon the home nations championship revival.

Croatia played some good football. That kid Modric in the midfield will be snapped up sharpish.

Probably best England got knocked out now, than to stumble along with McLaren in charge, only to fail at the Euros and panic hire another manager in time for the World Cup qualis. They've all the time in the world to get it right. I'd love to see Jose in charge until the end of the next World Cup, with Shearer as his assistant coach. That'd be an amazing, winning, combination.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 4:06 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
I'd love to see Jose in charge until the end of the next World Cup, with Shearer as his assistant coach. That'd be an amazing, winning, combination.

Wash your mouth out!!!!!!!!!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 4:39 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
More to the point, what the hell are we all going to do next summer?!

you'll get hammered as usual
LOL

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 7:55 PM Quote
http://i6.tinypic.com/7xb5eeb.jpg

Joana
Joana Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 9:12 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

True. Besides I think that a tournament is not the same without passionate supporters, that you obviously are!
But the Dutch and even Sweden are very enthusiastic ($$$) too!
We will have to survive without you!;)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 9:17 PM Quote
I think a lot of us can do without the media circus surrounding the Wags

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 10:09 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
http://i6.tinypic.com/7xb5eeb.jpg

Lol, absolutely!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:39 AM