Travis

Re: What do you know or like about Mexico?
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 7:15 AM Quote
Joana wrote:
And by the way, what do you, mexican people, think of your traditionals "mariachi"?
They are absolutely great arent't they?
I always wanted a poncho!!lol

Yeah, our "mariachis" rules!!! You must see and listen some real "mariachis" but for that you need to come to Mexico, have you ever been 'round here? And in that way you can have your poncho as well =).

Nacho
Nacho Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 12:24 PM Quote
gaby wrote:

* Why is still Chabelo on air!?
* Where is Don Francisco?
* Why Belinda calls herself a singer?

jajajajajaja
chabelo would be the mexican carlitos bala, right? :P
don francisco...wasn't he in chile?
and belinda..well...what's up with all the screaming in luz sin gravedad? :P

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 3:17 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
GAEL GARCIA BERNAL

another atomic bomb

Here here!!!! Phoar!

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 3:26 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
Monica wrote:
If Juan Carlos is our captain, I'm sure we'll win the Euro 2008 :p
Totally agree with you, LOL =P

VAMOS JUANCAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vamos, vamos, jijiji.

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 3:28 PM Quote
Joana wrote:
Me gusta las novelas mexicanas!!ahahahaah
Novelas como Maria Del Bairro y La Usurpadora han tenido un importante papel en mi infancia!LOL

I really liked La Usurpadora!!!! Great novela, hehe.

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 3:47 PM Quote
I was very hooked on Quinceañera, a soap opera for teenagers. Am i wrong or it was Thalia who was the star of the show? I looooved that show!

(GO JUANCAR, GO!!!) LOL

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 5:36 PM Quote
Nacho wrote:
gaby wrote:

* Why is still Chabelo on air!?
* Where is Don Francisco?
* Why Belinda calls herself a singer?

jajajajajaja
chabelo would be the mexican carlitos bala, right? :P
don francisco...wasn't he in chile?
and belinda..well...what's up with all the screaming in luz sin gravedad? :P

I didn't know who was Carlitos Bala, but after an extended research I can confirmed to you that him would be the Argentinian Chabelo =P.

No one knows where is Don Francisco, I know he was born in Chile and I think he lives in Miami, but I'm not sure of anything of this. It's all a mistery, hahaha.

I don't even want to talk anymore about Belinda, hate her!!!! Hahaha.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 5:56 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
Monica wrote:
If Juan Carlos is our captain, I'm sure we'll win the Euro 2008 :p
Totally agree with you, LOL =P

VAMOS JUANCAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vamos, vamos, jijiji.

VAMOS, VAMOS!!! =P.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 6:09 PM Quote
pixiedixie wrote:
I was very hooked on Quinceañera, a soap opera for teenagers. Am i wrong or it was Thalia who was the star of the show? I looooved that show!

(GO JUANCAR, GO!!!) LOL

You're right Thalia was on Quinceañera, but wasn't exactly the star, she has a very important rol, but the star was actually Adela Noriega although now she's not as famous as she was at that time. I loved that show too!!

th74
th74 Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 6:22 PM Quote
I love Mexico...the friendly people, the rich culture, the food (the spicier the better!), the beaches, the history, the resilience, I could go on and on. Of course, my dad is from Mexico, so I could be a little biased!

tonybony
tonybony Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 5:17 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
tonybony wrote:
...alma no te han dicho nada sobre el indio q duerme recargado en un nopal?? (clásica imágen del mexicano) jeje y cuando hablan del acento, supongo q es el acento chilango no? porque todos los acentos son graciosos, los de la costa, los del norte jaja ooh ay tanto de q hablar de mexico, jeje. CHEERS

No. no me han dicho nada acerca de nuestro amigo el indio, como te habras dado cuenta, creo que nadie lo conoce o tienen miedo de hablar de él, jeje. Estoy de acuerdo contigo, todos los acentos en México son graciosos. Hay tanto que decir sobre México, pues ándale di algo, jaja. =P

Por cierto, feliz cumpleaños!!! Si no me olvidé del de Dougie menos del tuyo, jajaja =).

gracias alma :)!!! I´m mexican and i don´t sleep beside a cactus, jajaja Cheers*

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 6:45 AM Quote
th74 wrote:
I love Mexico...the friendly people, the rich culture, the food (the spicier the better!), the beaches, the history, the resilience, I could go on and on. Of course, my dad is from Mexico, so I could be a little biased!

You love Mexico, that's great!! How couldn't you love it when your dad is from here? You like spicy food, you're the first one who say that, good! Doesn't matter that you're a little biased, the important thing is that you love Mexico!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 7:36 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Ahhh!
Things I love about Mexico (even though I haven't been there yet):

* First of all, the mexican revolution. One of my goals is to do a sociological research myself about it (of course, I'd have to go to Mexico to do that ;o) ). I've had to study latin american revolutions for uni and I fell in love with it. Seriously. From Porfirio Díaz's downfall to Lázaro Cárdenas... I even did my final colloquium about Bolivian, Mexican and Cuban revolutions, but my strenght was Mexico. Really, I think it's fascinating :o).

* The cellebration of el día de los muertos. I went a few years ago to an event about this here in Buenos Aires and I thought it was sooo cool!

* Mexican food. I don't like spicy stuff though so you could say I'm quite boring with my mexican food :oP.

* I think mexican accent is funny. I love the word "hijole"!

That's all I can think of right now... That's the point of view of another argentinian :oP.

Juli

Hola Juli!

It's great you like so many things about Mexico even though haven't been here before, that's why you must come one day to our country, you really deserve it!

*So, you been studying Mexican revolution, you probably know more things than most of the people here, lol. As you know tomorrow (today on the board) is the Mexican revolution Day so it's was great that you post today this.

*You must come here to see how wonderful it's "Día de muertos"!!

*There's some not spicy food here as you know and even to some Mexican people doesn't like too spicy , so you're not that boring =P

*Orale (have you heard this one?) it's nice you like our "hijole", hahaha. Yes!!! Another one commented about our accent, that's great! (I luv Argentinian accent!, I have an Argentinian teacher at University and I love the way he speaks!!, haha)

Thanks for that Argentinian beautiful point of view.

Yes, I deffinitely must go to Mexico sometime. It's a must for me. First there's my dream trip to UK, then Mexico :o). And I certainly should arrange things to be there on Día de Muertos when I go there!

I love "Orale" as well! Hahaha. I grew up with María La Del Barrio, so... :oP
Thanks for that compliment on argentinian accent!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 5:00 AM Quote
No one else know or like something about Mexico?
Please keep posting =).

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 4:10 PM Quote
I hear theres alot of TRAVIS fans there

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:41 PM