Travis

Chale! La neta qué chida está la onda de los mexicanos =).
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:25 PM Quote
Hello to everyone!

Yeah, you're right, I'm a Mexican girl (who else would be doing this?) and here I am just testing how much the boardies know or like about Mexico, including Mexican ones.

So if you know something about Mexico but you're not quite sure about it, we'll tell you if it's true or false (isn't it Mexican people???).

Or if you like something about Mexico, we will tell you if you should like that or not (just kidding) =).

I just want to know what every boardie thinks about my beautiful country.

Sorry for my poor English, I hope you can understand this thread or at least to get an idea of what I'm trying to say =).

Cheers and thanks for everything.

Re: What do you know or like about Mexico?
Monica
Monica Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:32 PM Quote
I met a few Mexican in my life and all of them were really kind. Nice people! I like your accent, and we had some discussions talking about words with different meanings in Spain and Mexico. I said a word, and all of them asked me what that means, and so did I. Very funny! Another thing I noticed about Mexican people is that you LOVE spicy food and tequila.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:40 PM Quote
I was in La Capital in 1968 , they still have Donald Duck soda ?

Mexican Coca Cola is in high demand here

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:43 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
I met a few Mexican in my life and all of them were really kind. Nice people! I like your accent, and we had some discussions talking about words with different meanings in Spain and Mexico. I said a word, and all of them asked me what that means, and so did I. Very funny! Another thing I noticed about Mexican people is that you LOVE spicy food and tequila.

Yeah, we're very kind with everyone no matter what. Everyone thinks our accent is quite funny, dunno why but it's nice you like it. Yes, discussions about meaning of words between Spain and Mexico never end =P. Of course we LOVE spicy food and tequila, although we don't drink it everyday, hehe, 'cos we have to go to school or to work. Just a few people drink tequila often but it's not very usual to drink it everyday.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:50 PM Quote
Hahahaha. I don't know why people find your accent funny. Maybe it's because your intonation is different. For me, it's like you were singing, or something like that.
When I was in London, I met three Mexican girls, and they were eating spicy food all the time. And I tried to eat a jalapeño, and I almost died! Hahahaha.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:50 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
I was in La capital in 1968 , they still have Donald Duck soda ?

Wow! In 1968, long time ago, I wasn't even born, hehe. I'm not quite sure but I guess you're talking about Pato Pascual soda, if you're talking about that YES! we still have that soda!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:57 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Hahahaha. I don't know why people find your accent funny. Maybe it's because your intonation is different. For me, it's like you were singing, or something like that.
When I was in London, I met three Mexican girls, and they were eating spicy food all the time. And I tried to eat a jalapeño, and I almost died! Hahahaha.

Yes, that's what I've heard, it's like we were singing, haha. I'm from Mexico City (Distrito Federal) and even Mexican people but from a different location thinks the same thing you do.
I believe you, not everyone can eat a jalapeño, even though it's not the most spicy, for me the most spicy is the habanero, that's why i don't eat it very often 'cos it makes me almost cry, hahaha.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:58 PM Quote
things I like: the food, friendly people, focus on family

things I hate: going to Mexico for 5 days and having Montezuma's revenge for 10.

I am bitter.

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 18 Nov, 2007 12:04 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
I believe you, not everyone can eat a jalapeño, even though it's not the most spicy, for me the most spicy is the habanero, that's why i don't eat it very often 'cos it makes me almost cry, hahaha.

Never heard of "habanero". What is that?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 18 Nov, 2007 12:04 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
I was in La capital in 1968 , they still have Donald Duck soda ?

Wow! In 1968, long time ago, I wasn't even born, hehe. I'm not quite sure but I guess you're talking about Pato Pascual soda, if you're talking about that YES! we still have that soda!

i saw the big riot .

but if it's an orange soda then thats it

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 18 Nov, 2007 12:06 AM Quote
Monica wrote:
bogusblue wrote:

something that will kill any parasite inside your body

gaby
gaby Posted Sun 18 Nov, 2007 12:09 AM Quote
What I know about Mexico:

* “El chavo” is the best show ever!!
* You are Travis´ most spoiled fans (Mexico is even mentioned in a song!!)
* You are happy people whose accent is cute
* Molotov is a great band
* I love tacos but I cant eat them with my hands (I drop all the stuff, ja)

What I would like to know ;-)

* Why is still Chabelo on air!?
* Where is Don Francisco?
* Why Belinda calls herself a singer?

:-)

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Sun 18 Nov, 2007 12:09 AM Quote
I love the food! and a loooong time ago, when i was little i loved watching El chavo del ocho and El chapulín colorado!
"Síganme los buenos!!!" :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 18 Nov, 2007 12:10 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
things I like: the food, friendly people, focus on family

things I hate: going to Mexico for 5 days and having Montezuma's revenge for 10.

I am bitter.

Sorry for that curse, hope you don't get very angry with us or Moctezuma, haha.
At least there are some things you like, thanks for telling us that!!

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 18 Nov, 2007 12:13 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Monica wrote:
bogusblue wrote:

something that will kill any parasite inside your body

Like a bomb.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:24 AM