Travis

covers of Travis
cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 2:19 AM Quote
Anybody know any bands that have done good covers of Travis songs?
I think it is time a Travis cover album is released. Other great bands covering Travis :) I think if people hear Coldplay and like bands play Travis songs, everyone will realize where the sound originated from :). So i guess, who would you like to see play a Travis cover and what song would you want them to cover?
Fran, if you are lurking around, feel free to contribute, they are your songs after all.

Re: covers of Travis
monkey
monkey Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 2:24 AM Quote
i remember a few years back some American guy done a cover of blue flashing light i think it was (?) and claimed on his website it was his own song.

sorry i know that is of no help at all.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 12:01 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
i remember a few years back some American guy done a cover of blue flashing light i think it was (?) and claimed on his website it was his own song.

Never heard about that. Curious if anyone has dirt on that. What an idiot- claiming it was his song.

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 12:03 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

haha I remember that, was hilarious. Wonder if anyone has a link to it hmm. Cant even remember who posted about it

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 4:17 PM Quote
The problem with this is if someone were to cover one of their songs there is no way that they would live up to the greatness of Travis! lol And how do you find that someone who could do a Travis song justice? ek

You have got me thinking now ;)

It could be a comedy thing tho, like Trailer-trash Britney getting her own back, preferrably singing "WDIAROM"? lol could be a suggestion.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 11 Oct, 2007 11:27 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
The problem with this is if someone were to cover one of their songs there is no way that they would live up to the greatness of Travis! lol And how do you find that someone who could do a Travis song justice?

You could say the same thing about people covering songs by The Beatles and the Stones and all sorts of bands.

And i just think you find someone who can change the song, turn it into a different style and make it their own, that's how you do a song justice. Example: Oasis's One Way Road. Paul Weller nicked it, completely turned it around and it's a cracker of a tune.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 12 Oct, 2007 2:15 AM Quote
I agree that the right song in the right hands could be amazing. What makes me think no thanks is that usually an album like that is done because the band (say, the Beatles) is broken up, dead, etc.

So a song or two could be cool but the concerted effort of an album would mean Travis is "dead" in some form or fashion and I don't want that.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:20 PM