Travis

What Song Should Be Released As A Single Next??
cazman
cazman Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:04 AM Quote
It'll probably be battleships but i think big chair should be realeased as it is such a great tune and for me stands out on the album.
what do you think??

Re: What Song Should Be Released As A Single Next??
Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:08 AM Quote
cazman wrote:
It'll probably be battleships but i think big chair should be realeased as it is such a great tune and for me stands out on the album.
what do you think??

Sailing Away. But Eyes Wide Open should've been released instead of My Eyes, imo.

elodie
elodie Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:24 AM Quote
Sailing Away

this song is really catchy

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:27 AM Quote
I don't actually care that much (not in a bad way, just that I doesn't really affect much). So long as there's good b-sides, I don't mind, I don't listen to the single anyway!

I think Eyes Wide Open would make a change, although Battleships is more likely. I'm not convinced about Sailing Away, it's a great song but a bit too uncommercial and insubstantial (I can't think of another word) to be a single for me.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:35 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
it's a great song but a bit too uncommercial and insubstantial (I can't think of another word) to be a single for me.

That's why I chose it :D

It reminds me of The Beatles a bit ... a teeny tiny bit ...

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:39 AM Quote
i think Battleships(fran said it could be single).

other options are Eyes Wide Open (regular in the setlist of travis), Big Chair (promo radio single in january 2007), 3 Times And You Lose (promo video on travisonline.com, amazon.co.uk, youtube, in the greatest hits of Mail on Sunday) and Under The Moonlight (KT Tunstall is a great promotion).

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:48 AM Quote
I think a couple of appearances on Jonathon Ross etc. with KT would shoot Travis into the public eye. But do they want to be shot there? Also, KT has a record to promote herself, she's not just lounging around with free time. Maybe not such a great idea!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:53 AM Quote
I think a couple of appearances on Jonathon Ross

I watched his show on Friday when he interviewed Richard Hammond. He's still an arse (Ross, that is, not Hammond) and looks a twerp with that beard. How he can be worth so much to the BBC is beyond me.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 12:11 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
I think a couple of appearances on Jonathon Ross

I watched his show on Friday when he interviewed Richard Hammond. He's still an arse (Ross, that is, not Hammond) and looks a twerp with that beard. How he can be worth so much to the BBC is beyond me.

Lol, I agree, I stumbled across the Hamster interview, but never watch it otherwise. The beard is very stupid.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 12:43 PM Quote

I think Eyes Wide Open would make a change, although Battleships is more likely. I'm not convinced about Sailing Away, it's a great song but a bit too uncommercial and insubstantial (I can't think of another word) to be a single for me.

It's got to be the one that would sound best on radio. Either Eyes Wide Open or Battleships would work, IMHO.

Personal preference is EWO or 3 Times and you Lose.

Having said that, I think that EWO might be a mistake, because to have 2 tracks in succession with the word Eyes in it might confuse the great unwashed!

I think a live performance with K T Tunstall might be a mistake, because it could look as though the band is trying to piggy back off her own publicity machine.

Sailing Away is a bonus track, and I don't think it'll get considered for release. Pity cos it's great. But if it was to be a contender for a single, I'm sure it would have got full status on the album!

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 12:51 PM Quote
BATTLESHIPS !! :)

milos
milos Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 3:42 PM Quote
Big Chair is the perfect choice for me. If they even release the 4th single, after poor My Eyes chart-position.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 5:04 PM Quote
It has to be Eyes Wide Open for me.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 5:14 PM Quote
My vote is either for Battleships or Eyes Wide Open. Both are great. I also LOVE Sailing Away....but since it's a hidden track I don't know if they would release it as a single. I think they really should have included it on the CD & made Under The Moonlight hidden.

CelliMylene
CelliMylene Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 8:11 PM Quote
I agree with either Battleships or Big Chair too...! =)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:21 AM