Travis

Re: Rant of the Day
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 2:14 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Can't go see The Republic Tigers tomorrow... for free no less, because I ain't 21.

Booooooooooo!!!!!

Ick that sucks. *coughfakeidcough* What? *looksaround*

I've missed this thread.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 2:52 AM Quote
You know, I can't find one to save my life! Everyone but me has a fake. Where is the fake ID factory? HUH?!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 3:07 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
You know, I can't find one to save my life! Everyone but me has a fake. Where is the fake ID factory? HUH?!

Three words: I am McLovin

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 6:37 AM Quote
I just read an article on SPIN Digital (Thank you for putting for magazine online to read!!!). It's about Gym Class Heroes. All I've gotta say is, what a bunch of dumb douchebags... ugh!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 3:31 AM Quote
I've been ranting about this for a while now. Has anyone else heard of Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle website GOOP? It's awful, just... horrible. It just reeks of arrogance . Is she not self aware? Are you seriously going to list a $1300 weekend bag as a gift suggestion for Christmas when we're in the middle of a recession? Some people can't even afford to take a weekend trip... PERIOD, no matter what the cost. Gwyennie, seriously... SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 3:50 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I've been ranting about this for a while now. Has anyone else heard of Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle websiteGOOP? It's awful, just... horrible. It just reeks of . Is she not self aware? Are you seriously going to list a $1300 weekend bag as a gift suggestion for Christmas when we're in the middle of a recession? Some people can't even afford to take a weekend trip... PERIOD, no matter what the cost. Gwyennie, seriously... SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!

The mere concept of the site irritates me. I think it's too pretentious. Those gift ideas!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 4:01 AM Quote
Just don't go to the site, or you'll be sorry. This has made me so angry, I can't stop ranting to anyone who will listen. So thanks again Gwyneth! Now, no one wants to spend their time around me!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 4:30 AM Quote
You mean you guys didn't buy your moms a $75 Cake Knife for X-mas?

Nah, I'm with you guys. Who exactly is her target audience here? Not me, that's for damn sure. What does GOOP even stand for? I didn't stick around long enough to find out, and it's not an especially enticing sounding brand either.

Edited for redundancy...you don't need to write the word dollar after the number if you put the dollar sign before it. ;)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 4:52 AM Quote
CASHMERE SOCKS?! Her explanation, "Cashmere under $50, enough said." I don't care who your boyfriend is, he's dumping your ass if you get him $45 socks for X-Mas.

She makes suggestions of places that are good to stay in LA. Then under one suggestion she says, "Haven't actually been here." What?! WHAT?! To quote one Emerson Cod: Oh hell naw! You know what else she hasn't done that she probably recommends? Having a fucking clue.

And to all you haters she leaves you with this nugget:
I think part of the problem is people get a hit of energy when they are negative about something, and it is a very detrimental way for them to get that hit of energy. They do not understand why they do not have a happy life. That kind of stuff is just noise to me. I just feel sorry for them.

Did you get that? Gwyneth feels sorry for YOU!

UGH!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 11:20 AM Quote
I've got flue, there's a f#cking chainsaw in my throat!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 1:30 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

Three words: I am McLovin

Ha ha ha I LOVE McLovin!!!! lmao

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 1:55 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I've been ranting about this for a while now. Has anyone else heard of Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle website GOOP? It's awful, just... horrible. It just reeks of arrogance . Is she not self aware? Are you seriously going to list a $1300 weekend bag as a gift suggestion for Christmas when we're in the middle of a recession? Some people can't even afford to take a weekend trip... PERIOD, no matter what the cost. Gwyennie, seriously... SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!

I agree Lauren!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 4:49 AM Quote
I just found this nugget. Apparently she said this while giving an interview 4 or 5 years ago:

“I think when people talk too much about who they are, and give the world access to every single thing—what kind of face cream they use, what they cook for dinner, and what nicknames they have for their significant others—that’s all you can think about when you see them. There’s no mystery. I think it’s a shame, because it’s great when you see somebody with mystery act, because you think they’re capable of anything."

HA!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 5:00 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I just found this nugget. Apparently she said this while giving an interview 4 or 5 years ago:

“I think when people talk too much about who they are, and give the world access to every single thing—what kind of face cream they use, what they cook for dinner, and what nicknames they have for their significant others—that’s all you can think about when you see them. There’s no mystery. I think it’s a shame, because it’s great when you see somebody with mystery act, because you think they’re capable of anything."

HA!

Hahaha! Busted!
I went to the site, and I do feel sorry I did that.
And she must have an awful lot of free time to upload all those stuff, or worse (and more likely), she's paying someone else to do it for her. Either way it's pathetic.

I'd kill anyone who gets me $45 socks. No matter what they're made of.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 5:09 AM Quote
You know she's paying some poor soul to write this crap.

It's completely ludicrous! She has to be stopped!

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:38 PM