Travis

Rant of the Day
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
So, if you have something that pissed you off today, however small or big, even if it's totally banal and won't matter tomorrow, please feel free to vent in this space.

I'll go first.

Feeling inspired by Weirdmom's picture last night, I decided to venture out to my neighborhood World Market in search for Jaffa Cakes. I hadn't tried them before, and I really wanted to, because they looked, and sounded tasty (tastey of you're a Fergie fan). Aisle after aisle, I looked: NO MUTHA-F*CKING JAFFA CAKES! I asked the lady at the front if she had heard of them or if they had any in stock. She said they sounded vaguely familiar, and she thought they might be a holiday confection. "You should check back in October maybe." So I left World Market, my last hope for finding Jaffa Cakes, with some Haribou gummy bears instead. *cue sad trombone*

Re: Rant of the Day
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
That's annoying. I called before I went since I wasn't sure and was happy to hear that they had them. And that was in July so it's not a holiday treat!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:06 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Feeling inspired by Weirdmom's picture last night, I decided to venture out to my neighborhood World Market in search for Jaffa Cakes. I hadn't tried them before, and I really wanted to, because they looked, and sounded tasty (tastey of you're a Fergie fan). Aisle after aisle, I looked: NO MUTHA-F*CKING JAFFA CAKES! I asked the lady at the front if she had heard of them or if they had any in stock. She said they sounded vaguely familiar, and she thought they might be a holiday confection. "You should check back in October maybe." So I left World Market, my last hope for finding Jaffa Cakes, with some Haribou gummy bears instead. *cue sad trombone*

hmm...well, they're not actually called "Jaffa Cakes" on the package. Some are just called, "chocolate biscuits," some aren't really labelled. I've found them at World Market...it's in the cookie section...I know Cadbury is one brand that makes 'em...
good luck finding them next time!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:08 PM Quote
what really annoys me is ppl going to a shop, not saying "good morning" as they come in or "thank you" to the sales person and leaving without "goodbye".

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:08 PM Quote
Yeah I knew that there were certain brands of them. There were some Cadbury cookies (biscuits) but I didn't see any orange/chocolate ones. DAMN YOU WORLD MARKET.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:14 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Yeah I knew that there were certain brands of them. There were some Cadbury cookies (biscuits) but I didn't see any orange/chocolate ones. DAMN YOU WORLD MARKET.

oh...i'm sorry then! i guess some stores have 'em and some don't? who knows!? well...i hope you find them one day!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:40 PM Quote
My health insurance canceled me by mistake , someone with the same last name was suppose to get cutinstead , fuckers !

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 12:49 AM Quote
my super smart coworker asked me to check to make sure a fax went through properly after she left....no problem...just checked...it failed....hmmm maybe that's because you wrote the fax number down as: 866-0531-3940! adding an extra digit just to be safe??....what a moron...i'm outta here! ;P

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 1:22 AM Quote
I'm just currently amazed at how many rude people there are in the world. And drivers that cut you off. And friends that stab you in the back. And just relatively mean spirited individuals that don't care how they treat fellow human beings... yeah, today wasn't a good day...

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 3:36 AM Quote
i'd like to retract my previous rant and replace it with this one....i was charged $150 in overdraft charges from my bank this week!! 5 overdraft charges at $30 each!!

...all because i forgot to switch some funds around by one freaking day!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 3:39 AM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
i'd like to retract my previous rant and replace it with this one....i was charged $150 in overdraft charges from my bank this week!! 5 overdraft charges at $30 each!!

...all because i forgot to switch some funds around by one freaking day!

That really sucks. but on the bright side, I don't think you had to retract your last rant. I imagine you're allowed more than one. I'll have to check the rule book though...

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 11:01 AM Quote
I hate it when old school cartoons have laugh tracks in them. Are we really suppose to believe that the animators were sketching for a live studio audience?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 8:18 PM Quote

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PHONE CHARGER!!!!

I can't find the fucking thing anywhere, plus while I'm n the subject FUCKING NOKIA!! I've had umpteen phones, and they all took the same charger, there are about 5 of them kicking about this house but my new phone is a different Fucking size, WHY You MONEY GRABBING SICKO FUCKS!!! WHY DID THEY FUCKING CHANGE IT!!!!!!! BASTARDS!!!!!

Dubz (incomunicado)
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

deepi
deepi Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 8:20 PM Quote
a person at work who works part time complaining about coming in for one day!!! try working a 37.5hour week 5 days a week!!!! the nerve of some people.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 8:22 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PHONE CHARGER!!!!

I can't find the fucking thing anywhere, plus while I'm n the subject FUCKING NOKIA!! I've had umpteen phones, and they all took the same charger, there are about 5 of them kicking about this house but my new phone is a different Fucking size, WHY You MONEY GRABBING SICKO FUCKS!!! WHY DID THEY FUCKING CHANGE IT!!!!!!! BASTARDS!!!!!

Dubz (incomunicado)
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

on a phone related rant...my f*cking phone turns off whenever it wants....only got it maybe 3 months ago...piece of sh*t!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:46 PM