Travis

Re: Rant of the Day
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
Wow, I just read this whole thread. I completely forgot about it. It's so funny going back and reading old thread.

bara
bara Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:17 PM Quote
the very whole thread? cool.
habvent been doing that for long time.. but havent written so much in one thread for a long time.. hasnt grown to big conversations with ppl and me for long time.. xD

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 11:43 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Peewee wrote:
A shower powered by electricity. Think the pump has gone so no water coming through.

Doesn't the water just come through the nozzle? I've never heard of anything like this. Does it have to do with not having enough water pressure or something? (I'm just being inquisitive.)

Em ok your confusing me! lol Yes water comes through the nozzle. the shower has a pump in it, you press a button and the water comes shooting out, yeah it increases water pressure so you have a power shower. Darn I dunno I'm stuck trying to explain! lol anyone else wanna explain? lmao

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 11:53 AM Quote
Electricity and water don't mix but anyway...

http://www.diydata.com/plumbing/showers/electric_shower_glarge.jpg

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
Right so cold water only goes into the unit but then hot water comes out! So it changes the water temp in that wee box on the wall thing?

:(

I'm so blonde sometimes!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
All righty, I think I get it now. So, if the pump doesn't work, does just cold water come out? Or no water at all?

Good news, kids. Someone is coming out to fix the dishwasher today! It's only going to cost an arm and a leg, isn't that nice?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 4:28 PM Quote
that's right! cold water and a trickle at that too! However, it started ok last night!!! lol Showering Bliss!!! :p

Ohhhhh shucks pet, get the hubbie to do dishes instead! lol I understand dishwashers are really handy and all especially if you have a big family but I really hate them. I would rather wash dishes and dry them than have to load or empty a dishwasher........most hated job ever!!! lol

dee
dee Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
if the leccy goes in my house we can't use water at all. we have our own well so it's very easy to cause an airlock by emptying the tanks in the house when the system can no longer pump.
also we can't have the heating on because if the fire gets too high the water starts to boil and we can't release it because it causes airlocks.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 4:42 PM Quote
dee wrote:
if the leccy goes in my house we can't use water at all. we have our own well so it's very easy to cause an airlock by emptying the tanks in the house when the system can no longer pump.
also we can't have the heating on because if the fire gets too high the water starts to boil and we can't release it because it causes airlocks.

Bleeding heck, that sounds CRAZY!!! Where do you live? lol

dee
dee Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
just be glad we do have leccy and running water( most of the time anyway!)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
We never had a dishwasher when I was growing up. This is my first experience and I'm still in dishwasher honeymoon bliss. It's just a little portable thingy, but I love it as much as a human being can love a household appliance. It will be a week before they can get the part in. :o(
Hubs has the flu, or something flu-like, so looks like I'm Madge and I'm soaking in it.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 5:53 PM Quote
My rant of the day- juice all over the sofa and the carpet. Damn.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
I realize this is quite petty and also quite girly, so I apologize in advance, but WHY CAN'T I FIND A NICE BROWN LEATHER PURSE? Real leather, soft and yummy, without 10,000 buckles and junk all over it, with a strap long enough that I don't have to carry it under my arm pit (a peeve of mine, those weird mid-length strap purses shoved up in women's arm pits), and something smaller than a suitcase! Thank you, that is all.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 2:56 PM Quote
Different gas prices for cash and credit. I have to go rob a bank in order to fill my tank? (I'm a poet and I know it.) I mean, it costs about $80 to fill up my vehicle...I don't carry that kinda dough around.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 10:50 PM Quote
Can't go see The Republic Tigers tomorrow... for free no less, because I ain't 21.

Booooooooooo!!!!!

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:47 PM