Travis

Miss Potter
hiromi
hiromi Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 2:06 AM Quote
Has anyone watched 'Miss Potter'???
This film will be screened on 15th Sep in Japan :D
I'll watch it!! Looking forward to it :)

I like Renée Zellweger. She was on Bridget Jones's Diary & Bridget Jones 2....I love those films!!! :D

Re: Miss Potter
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 2:16 AM Quote
I heard it was arse gravy. But don't take my word for it, I haven't seen it yet.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 2:17 AM Quote
I personally didn't care for this movie at all. I'd explain why but don't want to ruin it for you. You might like it but I thought it was a snooze. -.- Zzzzz.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 2:29 AM Quote
I liked it! It was a very quiet movie but so sweet. Renee Z. and Ewan McGregor (my boyfriend) are delightfully awkward. Just go in not expecting anything and you'll probably like it.

hiromi
hiromi Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 3:36 AM Quote
Oh I see.....OK, I'll go to watch it without expecting anything :D I hope I won't have a snooze :P

weirdmominaustin wrote:
Ewan McGregor (my boyfriend)

Wow that's nice!! ;D hehe he is sooo cool, isn't he? And he was on Trainspotting...I LOVE That film!! It's really great...!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 3:48 AM Quote
Have any of you guys seen "The Island" with Ewan McGregor? I thought that was really good.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 4:09 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Have any of you guys seen "The Island" with Ewan McGregor? I thought that was really good.

I liked it. I don't know why it bombed. Yeah, Ewan and I have sort of a complicated relationship. We're totally a couple but choose to be married to other people, and never talk or communicate in any way. It works for us.

I did see him in London when he did "Guys and Dolls". Oh to be in the same room with him when he sang.....sigh.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 4:09 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I thought it sucked! I hate Michael Bay films. And the whole time I was like, 'Who you kidding Ewan! I know you're Scottish! Cut the fake American accent crap, it sounds terrible.'

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 4:13 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I thought it sucked! I hate Michael Bay films. And the whole time I was like, 'Who you kidding Ewan! I know you're Scottish! Cut the fake American accent crap, it sounds terrible.'

That seemed to be most people's take on it. I generally hate big action films. But I did like this one. I don't remember being bothered by his accent.

hiromi
hiromi Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 5:03 AM Quote
I've not watched 'The Island' yet...But I'm interested in it :)
I realised I've not watched his latest works...!! :O

It's not his latest work at all, but how about Big Fish? I likes it...and how about Velvet Goldmine? I'll never forget this film.....

Ohh sorry to hear about you and Ewan's story!! I hope you can meet him and talk again....!! ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 3:02 PM Quote
hiromi wrote:

Ohh sorry to hear about you and Ewan's story!! I hope you can meet him and talk again....!! ;)

I wasn't sure if you were joking back at me but just in case you weren't I wanted to make it clear that I am totally joking around. I call him my boyfriend because I think he is a fantastic actor and gorgeous to boot but no, our relationship is quite one-sided. I have a Hollywood crush on him and he goes about his life oblivious to this fact.

I did have great seats for "Guys and Dolls" though so I was very close to him. He's going to be in "Othello" in London from Nov.-Feb. and I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to go. Don't think it's going to happen though.

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 8:57 PM Quote
I sadly did not like it, it made me cry, but then again, I am such a softie... :(

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 07 Sep, 2007 5:10 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Yeah, Ewan and I have sort of a complicated relationship. We're totally a couple but choose to be married to other people, and never talk or communicate in any way. It works for us.

I understand completely Anne! Clive Owen and i have a similar arrangement...he lives in london with his wife and kids...i see him here...you know new releases and what not? :P

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 07 Sep, 2007 5:19 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I liked "The Island." Nothing incredibly special, yet entertaining and gotta love Mr. McGregor.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 07 Sep, 2007 12:32 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
I understand completely Anne! Clive Owen and i have a similar arrangement...he lives in london with his wife and kids...i see him here...you know new releases and what not? :P

It's kind of weird that you have the same sort of relationship. Maybe that's just how those UK actors roll?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:38 PM