Travis

Re: Most disliked thing about your own city?
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:25 PM Quote
tons of things but I love my hometown too much to complain

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:10 PM Quote
the traffic! i hate l.a. traffic......and depending on how pessimistic i feel:: the people...

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:16 PM Quote
Barnsley - Chavs like Sunny said, for all of those reasons.
Grafiti
litter
All the rude old people, they walk into you, then you say oh sorry then they look at you and walk off

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 12:19 AM Quote
Hmmm I'd say; traffic, busy crowd and some people (some of them are really heartless and unkind especially for those who came from small towns like me)... Still I love being here.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 1:12 AM Quote
the pollution
waaaaaaaaaaaaaks

th74
th74 Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 3:39 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
th74 wrote:
St. Paul, Minnesota:In the summers it's the humidity-you can't go outside for weeks at a time. Also, there is nothing to do as far as night life in St. Paul. It's like a ghost town after 5:00!

I'd like Minnesota Mary's take on this. Please compare humidity up there to humidity in Texas.

I can only add that my uncle and other relatives live in Texas, so I can compare a little bit. While it is humid in both places, maybe it's more annoying for me in MN since everyone expects MN to be cold...and I have curly hair what goes crazy in the humidity, lol!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 12:11 PM Quote
Dundee, Scotland: I hate that the important things aren't advertised. As much as we all have a love/hate relationship with tourists, we need more, but they irritate us, I just don't think they have a clue with Dundee.

We have 4 castles, all free to visit, and only one is in real use with a museum etc in it, and is the only one advertised (and barely at that). Most advertising goes on the Ship the Discovery which was an arctic exploration tall ship. - thats fair enough, but what about eh remains of Dundee city walls including the wishart arch?! What about the frigate unicron, the UKs oldest afloat frigate, Mill's observatory, the wildlife centre, - theres so much and its so poorly advertised!!! Really irritates me.

I try telling the council that like it or beleive it or not, tourists like CASTLES! We have 4 of them within 5 minutes of each other - full blown lovely 15th 16th and 17th century castles! Arghh!

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 1:12 PM Quote
Aberdeen: Aberdonians.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 1:26 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:

Awww, come on! They talk funny ;)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 1:43 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:

Do you make that known out loud in the pubs there.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 5:54 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Peewee wrote:
The mess after the 12th July bonfires!

Seconded. Where abouts in our great city do you live?

I don't ACTUALLY Live in the city but outside it in Co. Down but I commute to Belfast every bloody day for the last 9 years to study and work so I pretty much spend most of my time in this city! :)

elodie
elodie Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:09 PM Quote
Bourg en Bresse, France :
well, it's a small town. and nobody seems to know Travis there... when I try to get new Cds and DVDs I have to go to Lyon.
plus, there is nothing really interesting in my city for the studies. this year for exemple the biggest evenement in my town was le Tour de France!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:10 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Peewee wrote:
The mess after the 12th July bonfires!

Seconded. Where abouts in our great city do you live?

I don't ACTUALLY Live in the city but outside it in Co. Down but I commute to Belfast every bloody day for the last 9 years to study and work so I pretty much spend most of my time in this city! :)

Cool. I'm a Down fella too. I live in Saintfield. What bout you?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:13 PM Quote
Austin: as the city grows in size it's losing its personality and is slowly becoming another nameless American city full of Home Depots and Targets. Also the heat and the lack of good public transportation.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:15 PM Quote
Belfast (again)

Travis have only ever played here 4 times. And Denison Witmer's only been here once! And The Frames haven't been here in a while either..

It's just not a good place for 'my' music!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:20 PM