Travis

Harry Potter cover art
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 6:53 PM Quote
Hi, my name is Anne, and I am a Harry Potter nerd. I admit it, own it, embrace it. I just saw the German cover art and it's really great that they are letting 8-year-olds draw it. It is so silly looking! Is Voldemort warming his hands?

http://www.carlsen-harrypotter.de/img/coverwahl/siegercover.gif

Re: Harry Potter cover art
Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 7:12 PM Quote
8 year olds? I like it

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 9:14 PM Quote
It's really interesting to see the different versions. I think they are all great, but I'm partial to Mary GrandPré's illustrations.

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 9:17 PM Quote
Totally with you, that cover is great and I'm a nerd on it too, partly because (don't think I'm a freak) I have a big crush on Rupert Grint (Ron)

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 9:31 PM Quote
Well, somehow I don't like the German OR the English OR the American HP art... but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the books, so I can perfectly ignore the cover illustrations :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 9:41 PM Quote
lulu07 wrote:
I have a big crush on Rupert Grint (Ron)

I don't think you are alone in that! I don't have a crush on him (he's a wee bit young for me!) but I can see why someone would. My friend (who is 29) has confessed that she thinks Dan Radcliffe is HOT. I've told her that she is a dirty bird and might get arrested if she isn't careful!

I still think the UK children's cover art is cartoonish but I like it better now that I've read the story and know what the scene is about. I really like the US cover. Esp. after reading the book I think it's beautiful and captures the moment (Harry's hopeful expression especially) quite well.

I guess others may like it but the German one to me is juvenile looking. I went to leakynews.com and looked at the cover art for various countries. It was pretty interesting. I really like Sweden's.

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 9:44 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
I have a big crush on Rupert Grint (Ron)

I don't think you are alone in that! I don't have a crush on him (he's a wee bit young for me!) but I can see why someone would. My friend (who is 29) has confessed that she thinks Dan Radcliffe is HOT. I've told her that she is a dirty bird and might get arrested if she isn't careful!

I still think the UK children's cover art is cartoonish but I like it better now that I've read the story and know what the scene is about. I really like the US cover. Esp. after reading the book I think it's beautiful and captures the moment (Harry's hopeful expression especially) quite well.

I guess others may like it but the German one to me is juvenile looking. I went to leakynews.com and looked at the cover art for various countries. It was pretty interesting. I really like Sweden's.

Yeah Dan isn't bad but his hair is terrible!! My friend is obsessed with him, absoloutly a fanatic

barby
barby Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:50 PM Quote
I like Oliver Wood! haha. He is in the last book of Harry Potter! Oh my God when I read his name I feel very happy! Oliver again in the story :)And I dont like the ilustration of the book, I do my ilustrations XD.!!

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:55 PM Quote
barby wrote:
I like Oliver Wood! haha. He is in the last book of Harry Potter! Oh my God when I read his name I feel very happy! Oliver again in the story :)And I dont like the ilustration of the book, I do my ilustrations XD.!!

Oliver Wood, very nice, the young Tom Riddle is great too. Basically I love the boys from the films, especially Cedric and Ron XD I have a soft spot for the twins too lol

barby
barby Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 11:08 PM Quote
I prefer Oliver Wood and Rupert than Daniel, he is so popular with the girls! Do you remember when Wood said to Harry: Scared Harry? When Harry know the quiditch for the first time! It´s so sweet!

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 11:13 PM Quote
barby wrote:
I prefer Oliver Wood and Rupert than Daniel, he is so popular with the girls! Do you remember when Wood said to Harry: Scared Harry? When Harry know the quiditch for the first time! It´s so sweet!

Yeah!! He's probably more popular because he's richer, famouser and appears naked. That scene is really sweet just like him! The Slytherin captain is disgusting

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 11:16 PM Quote
First name...
http://www.teddybearhugs.co.uk/images/famous/rupert-bear.jpg
Second name... Grint?

And there's me thinking all this time that it was 'Grizzly' bear..

"So kids, watch out for Grintly bears in YOUR neighbourhood!

*cheesy smile*

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 11:20 PM Quote
More like.........

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:n8d1fupCTAVP_M:http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/c/8/0/f/highres_771215.jpeg

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 11:20 PM Quote
GARFIELD!!!

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 11:22 PM Quote
*gob smacked* How very very double dare you! lol

His hair is actually very nice

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:11 AM