Travis

Fran's inner cowboy
alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:27 PM Quote
I don't have much to say about it other than I think one of his secret wishes is to be a cowboy. He's the sort that can take on the large and lonely desert with some good boots, a horse, and his guitar strapped to him.

Re: Fran's inner cowboy
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:31 PM Quote
Yes! And he wears a cowboy hat in the "Love Will Come Through" video and, if you haven't seen it yet, check out this video I made in Detroit of his attempt at an American accent!

Fran's a Cowboy

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:37 PM Quote
yes and his reference to wild bill(?) in his blog.

haha, Nikki, I was about to message you saying that there are apparently TWO Nikki's on this board, but then I realized...it's the same you...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:38 PM Quote
Yeeep. That's me! I just changed my picture because I love my new Travis T-Shirt :D

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 8:12 PM Quote
And he got married to the song ' a horse with no name ' by America :-)

elliotroad
elliotroad Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 7:25 AM Quote
Hey guys,

My family went to see Travis at Liberty Hall in Lawrence, KS on July 23rd. It was the greatest show we have ever seen!!! It was also Fran's 34th birthday! My dad was in the front row and was wearing his cowboy hat. After the show, we were very lucky to meet the guys and here is one of the pictures we took of my Dad with Fran (wearing my dad's cowboy hat):

http://www.elliotroad.com/myspace/travis/11.jpg

Fran mentioned to him that he had wanted to wear the hat all night! :-) All the guys from Travis were so generous with their time to all the fans there! We love you Travis! Come back to Lawrence, KS soon!!!!

P.S. Here is a link to our review of the show and more pics:

The Beasley Family's Night With Travis

Cheers,
John Beasley

mayfly
mayfly Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 8:08 AM Quote
Thanks for the review and pics. You're the luckest family that night. ^_^

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 1:58 PM Quote
That was really nice. :) I like the video.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 2:30 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Yes! And he wears a cowboy hat in the "Love Will Come Through" video and, if you haven't seen it yet, check out this video I made in Detroit of his attempt at an American accent!

Fran's a Cowboy

Does he wear a cowboy hat in the Writing To Reach You video as well or am I imagining it?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 4:47 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Does he wear a cowboy hat in the Writing To Reach You video as well or am I imagining it?

Yes, he takes it off the little boy lying on the ground. He puts he on, and then he gets shot by the little girl.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 4:55 PM Quote
elliotroad wrote:

Cheers,
John Beasley

You are officially my new favorite family! Your enthusiasm is wonderful. I am so glad you got to share a special night with the band. They are lovely. And the pic of Fran and your dad is classic!

elliotroad
elliotroad Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 7:34 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
elliotroad wrote:

Cheers,
John Beasley

You are officially my new favorite family! Your enthusiasm is wonderful. I am so glad you got to share a special night with the band. They are lovely. And the pic of Fran and your dad is classic!

Thank you for the wonderful comments! It truley was an amazing experience! We have been huge fans of Travis for a long time and to finally see the guys live for the first time as a family was a spectacular life changing event for all of us! They are so great! Can't wait to see them again!!!

Cheers,
John Beasley

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 7:57 PM Quote
elliotroad wrote:
Thank you for the wonderful comments! It truley was an amazing experience! We have been huge fans of Travis for a long time and to finally see the guys live for the first time as a family was a spectacular life changing event for all of us! They are so great! Can't wait to see them again!!!

Cheers,
John Beasley

I finally got my mom to listen to them and she liked them so much that she went to their show in Houston with my best friend. And my mom only listens to opera so this has been very shocking for me. I wish I could have gone because I would have loved to rock out with her but funds were low and I was sick. I probably shouldn't have even gone to the Austin show (I have bronchitis) but the adrenaline kept me up the whole day. I'm on my second round of antibiotics so you can send positive thoughts my way. I seem to be paying for my frolicking whilst sick....

elliotroad
elliotroad Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 5:11 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
elliotroad wrote:

Cheers,
John Beasley

I finally got my mom to listen to them and she liked them so much that she went to their show in Houston with my best friend. And my mom only listens to opera so this has been very shocking for me. I wish I could have gone because I would have loved to rock out with her but funds were low and I was sick. I probably shouldn't have even gone to the Austin show (I have bronchitis) but the adrenaline kept me up the whole day. I'm on my second round of antibiotics so you can send positive thoughts my way. I seem to be paying for my frolicking whilst sick....

weirdmominaustin, that is so great that you got your mom hooked on Travis!!! It is even better that she got to go to a show!!! Oh wow, I hope you feel better soon!!! I bet it was worth it to see Travis, even if you were not feeling very well!! :-) Take care!!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 4:49 PM Quote
elliotroad wrote:
weirdmominaustin, that is so great that you got your mom hooked on Travis!!! It is even better that she got to go to a show!!! Oh wow, I hope you feel better soon!!! I bet it was worth it to see Travis, even if you were not feeling very well!! :-) Take care!!!

It was definitely worth it. Still blah and I'm taking my daughter to the doctor in a few hours. This will be in the EIGHTH time in less than a month that someone in my family has gone to the doctor. For all the moaning I do about my insurance, I am so grateful we have it.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:58 AM