Travis

My Mom loves Travis
alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:16 PM Quote
haha :D She made me burn her a CD that she listens to now everytime she drives. She said, without any of my influence, that her favorite songs were "Turn" and "WDIAROM" haha, and she also pointed out the same thing I, and I'm sure many other fans noticed before, that the lyrics "Turn tuurn turn turn turn" is similar-ish to "sing siiing sing sing sing sing"

Meanwhile, my dad said Fran sings a lot like John Lennon. But I saw him nodding his head to the beats :) He says he croons like Lennon? I don't know.. Would that explain why their cover of Lovely Rita could pass as a Travis song very easily?

Re: My Mom loves Travis
Lucile
Lucile Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:23 PM Quote
My parents love Travis as well. My mum is coming with me to Open Air Gampel in August :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:28 PM Quote
My parents love Travis as well. :)

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:34 PM Quote
awesome!
yeah Travis don't travel with fads, they just make quality music. :) They're so underrated in America grr. Or rather, unknown. >:O

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 8:31 PM Quote
Haha, my mom asked me to do the exact same thing!
She was suposed to go with me to the Travis gig in Bergen this year, but something came up at the last minute and I brought a friend instead. Mom asked if I could make her a cd with the best songs instead, to make up for her loss ;) It's been on repeat in her car ever since.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 8:50 PM Quote
As does mine! I gave her my promo copy of the new album, and had a Closer CD signed for her. She listens to them in the car all the time. And she absolutely loved the gig in Belfast last month too- she hated being close to the speakers, but she said it was just too good that she couldn't move away to the back

feri
feri Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 4:29 AM Quote
My dad heard me play The Man Who in my room and he said 'Who are they? They sound so good' and he thinks they sound 'spacey', I think what he tries to say is that they're different. Yeah he asked me to burn a CD for him so he can listen to them in the car!

physalia
physalia Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 5:14 AM Quote
My Mom was in an awful mood yesterday and I cheered her up with beer and Travis videos. She really likes Coming Around, and has been walking around saying, "Yo, Egg!" all day.

She told me next time they're in town I should take her instead of my sister, which I'm all for.

Yay for the theraputic powers of Travis.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 5:38 PM Quote
physalia wrote:
My Mom was in an awful mood yesterday and I cheered her up with beer and Travis videos. She really likes Coming Around, and has been walking around saying, "Yo, Egg!" all day.

She told me next time they're in town I should take her instead of my sister, which I'm all for.

Yay for the theraputic powers of Travis.

hahaha, yeah my mom walks around saying "sing sing sing turn turn turn" in a really monotonous way

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 5:40 PM Quote
feri wrote:
My dad heard me play The Man Who in my room and he said 'Who are they? They sound so good' and he thinks they sound 'spacey', I think what he tries to say is that they're different. Yeah he asked me to burn a CD for him so he can listen to them in the car!

yeah, when i explained to my dad some of my interpretations of several Travis songs like Indefinitely + Humpty Dumpty and then WDIAROM, he replied with "oh, that's weird" haha, he's used to listening to Scorpions and Santana..that sort of straightforward way of singing love songs.. i dont think he'd understand what a concept album is neither

grace
grace Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:53 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
She said, without any of my influence, that her favorite songs were "Turn" and "WDIAROM"

my mom's favorite song is turn as well. i wonder why that song in particular is so popular amongst parents. my mom's been to quite a few travis gigs as well and is always comparing other singers to fran when she hears songs on the radio. it's really endearing :) i love seeing parents at travis shows.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 8:29 AM Quote
my mom likes Travis aswell... and Strokes too.. my influence also my sis and my bro about strokes lol...

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:08 AM