Travis

TBWNN Promo
oflo84
oflo84 Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 4:01 PM Quote
I'm a little dissapointed with TBWNN promotion. Selfish Jean has no video except of Demetri One (If we can consider it a videoclip). Here in Spain, I haven't heard anything of this CD. I don't know if its the same in the rest of countries, but watching the charts of this album... I think it's the same.

I like the band, I will follow them either if they are popular or not, but it's sad to them flop again...

Re: TBWNN Promo
Lucile
Lucile Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 4:53 PM Quote
There hasn't been much promotion in France either to say the least - sometimes I wonder if the record company know they have an album out. So I'm doing my own promotion of the album ;)

I'm not sure it's fair to call the album a flop though - it's not because it doesn't rank well in the charts that the music isn't listened to and appreciated. Of course I'd be really pleased to see them top the charts but who cares if they're popular or not? I love them all the same so long as they keep making quality music. People don't know what they're missing, they'll open their eyes one day :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 7:02 PM Quote
Flop? Have you seen the number of people who have signed up to the Mexican show already, thousands of miles from Travis' home???

I don't think it's really fair to say the album has flopped. Every person i've seen who has been to a concert on this tour has absolutely loved it, and i think it's fair to say that Travis are on the form of their lives with this album and tour. Yeah ok, they haven't promoted it as much as The Invisible Band perhaps, but maybe Travis are more than happy with all they've had already- including the enthusiastic fanbase they've always had! And anyway, whilst they're musicians to us, to other people they're husbands and fathers, so maybe that's just as important to them now as the music is and they want time to do all that

oflo84
oflo84 Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 12:05 AM Quote
I love them anyway. But it's sad to see that this album is so underrated by the charts. Just That.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 12:15 AM Quote
oflo84 wrote:
I'm a little dissapointed with TBWNN promotion. Selfish Jean has no video except of Demetri One (If we can consider it a videoclip). Here in Spain, I haven't heard anything of this CD. I don't know if its the same in the rest of countries, but watching the charts of this album... I think it's the same.

I like the band, I will follow them either if they are popular or not, but it's sad to them flop again...

Am browsing on this site at the moment and feel sad that other countries like Spain and France cant know the ecstasy that UK + US have experienced from knowing the Band recently nand discovering TBWNN.

Fran ! You gotta give them a bigger piece of the Cake! and check the marketing ...Is it Ok? :-)

kevinnn
kevinnn Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 3:22 AM Quote
when did travis flop before? didn't 12 memories get to 3?

TALIA
TALIA Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 7:33 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Flop? Have you seen the number of people who have signed up to the Mexican show already, thousands of miles from Travis' home???

230 attendees and counting :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:53 AM Quote
TALIA wrote:
paul_c wrote:

230 attendees and counting :)

Exactly! Whereas most other shows have about 50 attendees at most on that thing

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:59 AM Quote
oflo84 wrote:
I love them anyway. But it's sad to see that this album is so underrated by the charts. Just That.

I don't understand this. Most people complain about how much rubbish and evil is in the charts these days, and then whenever Travis don't do well in the charts, people still complain. Surely it's better that Travis aren't lumped in with what is 'popular', because let's be honest (no disrespect to anyone) most of what is popular is absolutely dreadful! And we know Travis aren't. So what's the problem?

I've said this before, but maybe the band or someone else in the record company doesn't want the band to be popular and commerically successful any more- perhaps paving the way for some other, brilliant young band on the same label to do it. The boys have their kids and their families now, so perhaps success and stardom isn't on their top list of priorities any more (if in fact it ever was!). Travis know they'll always have their fans, no matter how many, and i think they're just happy with that. The shows on this tour have been tremendous, because they've been smaller and packed with 'real' fans- instead of being major nights out for everyone in town, a lot of which are just there to fit in with what is popular at the time.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the matter

emma10
emma10 Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 1:25 PM Quote
Exactly. I find it odd that people can't just enjoy what music they like, they have to have it in the top 10 and have everyone else like it. I never much cared for where songs are in the charts.

Would you rather they made great music that you love and ends up mid chart or rubbish that everyone plays to death and gets to number 1.

TBWNN is my favourite album to date and I've always been a fan but I have to admit I'd never seen them live before because they were so big/well known but so glad I went to a couple of the recent gigs.

It seems like the guys are so enjoying what they're doing and where they are right now, and the music's as good as ever and that's what counts.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 8:26 PM Quote
I totally agree

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 7:43 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:

I don't think it's really fair to say the album has flopped. Every person i've seen who has been to a concert on this tour has absolutely loved it, and i think it's fair to say that Travis are on the form of their lives with this album and tour. Yeah ok, they haven't promoted it as much as The Invisible Band perhaps, but maybe Travis are more than happy with all they've had already- including the enthusiastic fanbase they've always had! And anyway, whilst they're musicians to us, to other people they're husbands and fathers, so maybe that's just as important to them now as the music is and they want time to do all that

Exactly...

I´m from mexico city. I meet a lot of people at say: "wow, TBWNN is amazing, the better album today...

And we´re latinoamericans, but loves Travis

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 7:47 AM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Exactly...

I´m from mexico city. I meet a lot of people at say: "wow, TBWNN is amazing, the better album today...

And we´re latinoamericans, but loves Travis

Hello from Aberdeen! How are you?
TBWNN is amazing isn't it.

Taralyn
Taralyn Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 10:54 AM Quote
Hello from Liverpool
Yes TBWNN is truly amazing and pleased its loved and enjoyed by all cultures.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 1:41 PM Quote
I couldn't have said it better Paul. Agree 100% with your posts.

I love TBWNN, regardless of where it sits on the charts. Travis never cease to amaze me. Every album is wonderful and every song is special. I really think they're in top form, especially with their live performance! When I saw Travis for the first time in 2003 in support of 12 Memories, I thought nothing could ever top that performance...but then I saw them this summer and was just blown away!!!! Now, I might be a little bias just because I'm so in love with this band, but from an outsiders view (my musician boyfriend who likes Travis, but isn't obsessed like me :P), they've also improved. He said that the Detroit show was the best concert he's ever seen - and I totally agree.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:33 AM