Travis

how do you let go?
barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:12 PM Quote
Tonight a 5 year relationship has ended and I feel awful, how do you get over something like this? I have to let go though because I do not make this person happy . He has severe clinical depression and I am making his depression that he suffers with worse even though I have tried to help him. How do I let go? Tell me how you have got over breakups.
I don't want to bring the boardies down I just want some advice

Re: how do you let go?
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:15 PM Quote
Don't know about anyone else, but i'd write songs if i was where you are right now. I did last July when i went through the same thing (clinical depression and everything- her, not me) and just didn't think about it.

Listening to a hell of a lot of different music helps too

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:16 PM Quote
Babe I'm sorry to hear that. I don't have anything to say on the advice thing tho, never had a relationship so wouldnt even know where to start. Hope you're alrite tho xxxxx

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:24 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Don't know about anyone else, but i'd write songs if i was where you are right now. I did last July when i went through the same thing (clinical depression and everything- her, not me) and just didn't think about it.

Listening to a hell of a lot of different music helps too

i think too much i need to keep busy to avoid that, i used to write poems i might try that, i have been swimming alot lately too , i will try and go every day and take my stress and anxiety out in the water.
thanks

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:25 PM Quote
Drums are good

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:29 PM Quote
lol ..i bet they are i wouldn't mind a go on a drum kit ... in the middle of a big field!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:30 PM Quote

Sometimes you don't or can't. But it's how you deal with it, you are not responsible for how you feel (sometimes these things just happen). However, you are responsible for how you act, try to be noble about it, drunken phone calls and texts are not a good idea... ask my ex.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:32 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Sometimes you don't or can't. But it's how you deal with it, you are not responsible for how you feel (sometimes these things just happen). However, you are responsible for how you act, try to be noble about it, drunken phone calls and texts are not a good idea... ask my ex.

Drunken phone calls are never good haha. Last night I rung some guy while he was in bed with his gf...

dee
dee Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:33 PM Quote
get some artists clay, the airdry stuff and punch it around and throw it a bit and just generally distract yourself by getting into some creative process.
it's really calming once you've turned your anxiety into a positive energy. it'll wear you down a bit too which you kinda need when your wound up

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:34 PM Quote
i don't drink so they aren't drunken txts I don't like doing nasty it's not in my nature, i'm quite a boring placid person really... thanks ..

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:34 PM Quote
Hey hun. So sorry to hear about the upset you're going through. I had a lot of madness with a guy that ended last year and i'm sure he was depressed and he definately had lots of issues. I think i got too caught up in trying to help him/save him at first and then i completely lost my head with it all. It took me a long time to get over it all and it is tough. I just took each day as it came and tried to keep my mind occupied. Eventually things get brighter and i felt myself escape the dark cloud of that relationship and i've never felt more free!

Hope you're ok *huggles* xx

NCD
NCD Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:34 PM Quote
:( that's really sad news - hopefully you've got friends and family who'll support you through your bad times and get you to a place where you want to be again for good times. Your real friends will be there when you need them to be and give you space when you need it too. I've got a close friend going though the same thing at the moment and I've told her that I'm here when she needs me, and although I've been texting her, I've left her to call me cos I don't want to hassle her if she's not feeling like talking to someone. (so if you get friends not calling as often, it's more than likely that it isn't that they don't care, they probably don't want to intrude on what space and time you want to get your own head back on track). It's going to be natural for you to be thinking about someone and worrying about them when you've been together for so long, but depending on the contact you have and where your relationship stands in terms of friendship, then time is going to probably be the main thing that will change how you're feeling. Hope you're ok X
(and sorry about so many probablys!)

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:37 PM Quote
thanks everyone for the advice, i'm off to try and sleep
byebye

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:38 PM Quote
Sleep well! If you ever want to talk or distract your mind just give us a shout x

NCD
NCD Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:40 PM Quote
Night petal X

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:29 AM