Travis

Re: London f*cking media are a disgrace!!
Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 3:11 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
lilly wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

btw It's of no consequence to me what a person believes, in fact even if I disagree I will fight for that persons right to voice it

...as long as that person's opinion doesn't violate another person's rights or dignity. ?

Your rights and dignity cannot be affect by what someone says, by their actions and the actions of others who have taken it onboard but not by the words themselves.

Agreed.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 3:13 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Hmmm can you be rascist against racists ??

Of course you can be. Which is, of course, just as bad.

But asking someone to think can't hurt? ;)

Exactly !! Well Done

That has just summed up what I've been trying to say. Perfectly Simplicity. Thanks :)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 3:15 PM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
Esteban wrote:
What is it to you personally if someone on the internet has opinions that you don't like? Are you personally given some kind of right to question other people's beliefs against the yardstick of political correctness that is your own opinion? I'm intrigued.

Ahh I think I've spotted a vicious circle here! There's just no escaping one when it comes to stating opinions or defending the opinions stated... let me ask you, what is with you personally if someone on the internet has opinions about someone else's opinions that you don't like?

See, I'm doing it too! It's fun, it really is!

Cheers for that.

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 3:23 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Your rights and dignity cannot be affect by what someone says, by their actions and the actions of others who have taken it onboard but not by the words themselves.

"I think Moslems should all be burned"/ "Hey everyone, I think we have to burn down that asylum-seekers-house"

The first one would in a way hurt my dignity and the second would ring a very loud bell, because words lead to actions, sometimes.

Okay, this is so off-topic now... sorry.
And great that we have reached some sort of consensus above ;)

audrey
audrey Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 3:27 PM Quote
holy!

what did i just walk into!? O_O

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 3:34 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

"I think Moslems should all be burned"/ "Hey everyone, I think we have to burn down that asylum-seekers-house"

The first one would in a way hurt my dignity and the second would ring a very loud bell, because words lead to actions, sometimes.

Okay, this is so off-topic now... sorry.
And great that we have reached some sort of consensus above ;)

Yeah I did hear of a story of mob mentality, a group of angry parents formed a Paedophiles Out Group, which was fine until one of the mob couldn't tell the difference between a Paedophile and a Paediatrician The Doctors car was broken into and set alight, and his house was vandalized, Mob Rule cannae beat it!!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:08 PM Quote
Oh I've stopped caring now.

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:12 PM Quote
can someone make a nice synopsis of this thread? I am not arsed to read all 6 pages...

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:13 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:
can someone make a nice synopsis of this thread? I am not arsed to read all 6 pages...

I'm not arsed to make you a synopsis.

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:14 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Tianyan wrote:

In that case I will save it for a rainy day...

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:15 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:
Esteban wrote:
Tianyan wrote:

Haha, ok. Seriously though, I don't think a discussion like this CAN be easily summarised.

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:18 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Tianyan wrote:
Esteban wrote:
Tianyan wrote:

Haha, ok. Seriously though, I don't think a discussion like this CAN be easily summarised.

yeah...I know...I was being serious too...snee!

feri
feri Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 6:03 AM Quote
Wow, this thread has turned out to be quite interesting.

Honestly, lulu's comments didn't 'hurt' me that much, which kind of makes me worried. I think I've read comments similar so often that I've almost become desynthesized to them.

I do think that statements such as hers are scary just a bit. I mean when you make such statements you are promoting hate. And these words can lead into action, we've seen it in the past.

The only thing about Lulu's statements that makes me laugh is

lulu07 wrote:
Ooooooh, I am sooooo sorry I didn't mean to type they are ridiculous meant to put this, I am very tired and cough like a maniac every minute

sorry

I think that's the lamest excuse I've read. I rather see someone admit they hate immigrants and be honest about it, than to cover it up with some lame excuse like that lol.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 11:17 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
alyrtle wrote:
wth, did they survive?

Unfortunately they both seem to have survived.

CNN had the one in hospital dead on Saturday night ! lol

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] All Times BST Current Time 1:03 AM