Travis

Re: London f*cking media are a disgrace!!
nats
nats Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 2:42 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
lulu07 wrote:

I'M WITH YOU, IF PEOPLE STAYED IN THEIR OWN COUNTRIES MAYBE WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM

No offence to immegrants here, it's just they are ridiculous

Woaaahhhhhh that sounds quite racist to me!

very racist and sad comment

nats
nats Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 2:55 AM Quote
Andrew wrote:

Today:
2 guys drive a flaming car into the front door of Glasgow Airport and start pouring petrol over themselves and the car..

sorry to hear this happened. I didnĀ“t know anything...

feri
feri Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 4:15 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Feri:

Irealise you are young but have you actually read much Al Queda and their aims?

Lol, yes and I lived in Iran for 10 years of my life.

What I meant by what I said is that, Al-Qaeda didn't just wake up one day and decide to hate Westerners in the name of Islam. They are a terrorist group, just like Hamas and Hezbollah, but what I'm trying to say is that there's a cause and effect. And it has a lot to do with US' involvement in Middle East and Israel.

Also, I don't think this war is just about Al-Qaeda thinking their way of life is right, they are pissed over US support for Israel.

You say Al-Qaeda thinks their way of life is right. True, but when a country like US goes into Iraq illegally, they think their way of life is right as well and they have a 'mission' to spread their so called 'democracy'.

feri
feri Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 4:53 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Some commentator raised the view that they do the things they do (ie. Glasgow Airport shebang) because they're sort of jealous of the freedom and liberation that the UK has that they don't have. And they do these things to try and disrupt the British way of life so that they see what kind of problems they have for themselves

I thought it was an interesting slant on it anyway

Interesting point of view, I never saw it that way. I remember with a lot of the Palestinian bus bombings I heard the suiciders do it because they have no sense of hope left, and they are vulnerable and become easily brainwashed. Still a cowardly thing to do. Good thing no one got hurt here.

TALIA
TALIA Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 6:30 AM Quote
feri wrote:

You say Al-Qaeda thinks their way of life is right. True, but when a country like US goes into Iraq illegally, they think their way of life is right as well and they have a 'mission' to spread their so called 'democracy'.

exactly

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 8:33 AM Quote
1/3 of Suggestive Leg wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
This has got sod all to do with a struggle for independence.
This is a war based on culture and religion. On the basis that our way of life is wrong and theirs is right.

*applauds*

I miss Tony though. Is there a correlation between Scottish PM and Scottish attack?

Ok, I didn't say it had anthing to do with the struggle for independance, what I meant was if we were independant there would have been less chance of it happening.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:07 AM Quote

FUCKING BBC, reporter: The police have searched a number of houses in the Glasgow area and are particulary interest in a semi-detached house in "Howstone".

Houston I think you mean, and it's said and pronounced exactly the same way as Houston, Texas.

I thought these guys had advisers to tell them exactly how to say things, also if you're not sure you're in Glasgow Airport the place is swarming with coppers, ask one of them.

No you would rather just be you're fucking usual English arrogant self and pronounce it however you see fit. This isn't the first time... It's Green-ock not Gren-ock, there are two fucking e's in it (in fact it's Greenock it's full of drugs, hehe) and also foreign football players seem to get it too...Kinsella (kin-si-la not Kin-Saill-La) but then it's obviously too much of a fucking effort to ask someone his name, and even when they are corrected they still say it however they fucking like, Ignorrant Fucks

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:06 AM Quote
nats wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
lulu07 wrote:

I'M WITH YOU, IF PEOPLE STAYED IN THEIR OWN COUNTRIES MAYBE WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM

I actually found that comment quite offensive. It's things like that which make me feel SO uncomfortable...

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:14 AM Quote
lulu07 wrote:

Ooooh my GOD, I really REALLY hope I've just misunderstood or misread this...But apparently (and sadly) you really wrote this... *still can't believe it*

isma
isma Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:21 AM Quote
Andrew wrote:
ATTENTION LULU

Please for the love of God stop talking

Seconded that .
Tell me Lulu . What do you have in your brain ?

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:30 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
nats wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
lulu07 wrote:

I actually found that comment quite offensive. It's things like that which make me feel SO uncomfortable...

racist, offensive, unbelievably dumb... How old is she? It's scary... and it makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable, too...

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:31 AM Quote
lilly wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
nats wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
lulu07 wrote:

racist, offensive, unbelievably dumb... How old is she? It's scary... and it makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable, too...

Old enough to know better I imagine... I'm waiting for an explanation from her, coz it's just disgusting.

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:36 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
lilly wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
nats wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
lulu07 wrote:

Old enough to know better I imagine... I'm waiting for an explanation from her, coz it's just disgusting.

I'm just looking for an explanation myself, and I can't find one except that her parents taught her nothing else and she doesn't read reliable papers, watch the news, and (above all)...use her head, at all.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:37 AM Quote
Heh. Seems that way!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:43 AM Quote

I don't think she owes anyone an explaination, this board is about freedom of speech and that means saying what you like, even if people don't agree with it.

I do find the comment racist, but I also wonder if it was a case of being taken out of context or speaking without thinking first. Or it could be a comment on illegal immigrants that hasn't been voiced particularly well.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:30 AM