Travis

RIP Gladly
wee rhona roo
wee rhona roo Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:22 PM Quote
As Passenger sings a little light went out today. Derek Smith aka Gladly the crossed eyed bear died today. A Travis board old school original with sharp wit and a dry sarcasm I will miss in spades. He may have had a shitty taste in football teams but I wouldn't hold that against him. The board and Travis gigs will not be the same without him. I will miss you lots but aware all the pain you struggled with will now be away. Walk tall and straight and enjoy running up the crow road. Bye Derek with lots of love xxx

Re: RIP Gladly
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:30 PM Quote
There will definitely be a hole in the board without him.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:43 PM Quote
Was very sad to hear this news today.
RIP Gladders.

Elaine 2
Elaine 2 Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 12:07 AM Quote
Just saw this on FB. I only ever "spoke" to Gladly on this board & it was a long time ago but loved the banter. I too used to get slagged rotten by him for my football team but all was in good fun. Didn't realise he had been unwell & sorry to read he was taken too soon.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 2:22 AM Quote
RIP :(

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 2:30 AM Quote
The news of his passing makes me so sad. I didn't know him that well, but we communicated on here and on Facebook. I will miss his grumpy sarcasm and the gentle sweetness behind all of that. RIP Gladly, you will be missed.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 3:30 AM Quote
Very sad news. RIP.

elfy
elfy Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 8:28 AM Quote
Heard the news through Facebook, but it seemed only right and fitting to come here and express my sorrow. Haven't posted regularly here in a loooooong time but there was a time when this place felt like my home on the internet. Hell, I even met my wife here. There was always a real sense of community and Gladly was always a part of it. Really sad to hear of his passing.

RIP mate.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 10:18 AM Quote
I am extremely sad about this, thanks for writing about Gladders so well, yes a real true original boardie full of sarcasm, really sad news, miss him so much already.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 10:21 AM Quote
Always wanted to have a pint with him, will never get the chance now, RIP ye Grumpy Bollix, Hope where ever you may be you are still "Fucking Shit Up"

Dubz

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 10:38 AM Quote
Dubz, you're off drinks mate!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 12:17 PM Quote
I was just thinking that this messageboard used to be such a huge part of my life and that I've gotten to know so many good people. I never really knew Derek but he was a big personality on the board and he will be missed. Truly sad news on a rainy day. May he rest in peace.

P.S. I hope someone lets his loved ones know that he will be missed by many people all over the world.

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 1:54 PM Quote
Such horrible, horrible news. :( Rest in Peace Gladly.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 2:29 PM Quote
So sad.

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2014 4:22 PM Quote
Very sad news. Rest in peace.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:59 PM