Travis

Targets for 2013
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2012 9:06 PM Quote
Since everyone is reflecting on the targets for 2012, anything going forward? What do you hope 2013 will bring?

Pour moi, I hope 2013 is filled with...

-Trip to Iceland with the lovely Megg
-Jump out of a plane with the lovely Megg (2013 is the year of the Polish Chick)
-I think I want to do this http://thecolorrun.com/ (even though I hate that it is missing a U!)
-Umm, go to a Travis gig? :)
-I've been saying for years that I want to volunteer more, so maybe this year I will actually get around to it. I want to be a SPCA dog walker and do something like adopt a family next Christmas to give gifts to

edit: I registered for the Colour Run and have added Do 29 Random Acts of Kindness before my 29th birthday (on November 29th)

Re: Targets for 2013
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2012 10:40 PM Quote
bust out 4 , 5 6 if i'm lucky paintings ...

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2012 5:28 AM Quote
-Go to an Alt-J gig
-Complete your PhD defense
-Be able to swim faster
-Visit San Diego

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 21 Dec, 2012 10:16 PM Quote
I'd like to point out that my list had been written BEFORE I saw Kristy's one. We're basically the same person.

1. Trip to Iceland with Kristy. It should, if we're lucky enough, result in quite a few things being off my bucket list: skydiving, whales watching, Northern Lights, glacier hike.
2. Regular running, maybe trying to do a 5k?
3. Volunteering! I miss it so much.
4. Following the news regularly.
5. At least trying to look for a more interesting/fulfilling job, not settling into the one which just...is there.

Edit:
6. Being kinder to myself.
7. Bonus points if I manage to do bungee jumping and get a tattoo this year!
8. Stop talking myself out of things I actually want to do.
9. Trying to be more social, reaching out more to people I like but haven't seen in agesss etc.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 22 Dec, 2012 7:16 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I'd like to point out that my list had been written BEFORE I saw Kristy's one. We're basically the same person.

Except one of us is tall and Polish and the other is short and Canadian. Other than that...yup.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:38 PM Quote
Okay, here goes:

1. try and join into something and try and meet new people (suggestions welcome for Aberdeen, as it feels like the worst city in the world to do so)

2. drop the attitude with a certain male in my life and try and move forward and forgive all the horrible stuff in the last year

3. never date a friend or work colleague ever ever ever again

4. do something a bit crazy for charity (did a bungee jump this year... so what's next..?)

5. try and save some money

6. more flat renovations - my bedroom needs a new wardrobe and overhaul

7. try and keep my flat tidy and not in a depressed muddle

8. stop wasting food and for every wasted tin of food, i must donate to famine relief

9. try and live life a little bit happier

10. try and overcome the old confidence issues.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2013 12:10 AM Quote
-Drink less.
-Walk more.
-Work less.
-Win the lottery.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2013 8:10 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

-Trip to Iceland with the lovely Megg

We're doing pretty well!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 04 Jan, 2013 10:00 AM Quote
ok, this year I'm going to try this ;)

1. get my job contract renewed for 2014 (*knocks on wood*)
2. say YES more (already started to last year)
3. exercise (haven't done anything sports-wise in...10 years. But I should, says the doctor. So I need to find a sport that I don't hate. Suggestions welcome.)
4. volunteer
5. get my own apartment (this is actually going to happen! In February! Woohoo!)

plus minor targets:
finally learn to ice-skate. see a hockey game and at least one basketball game live. play the guitar more regularly. read more non-fiction.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 17 Mar, 2013 12:39 PM Quote
I'm hoping to get into uni to study Nursing. That's the biggie :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 29 Apr, 2013 12:35 AM Quote
In 2013 I'm getting married! :)

mili
mili Posted Mon 29 Apr, 2013 8:15 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
In 2013 I'm getting married! :)

Wow! Congrats!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 19 Aug, 2013 6:24 PM Quote
[quote="minnmess"]
-I think I want to do this http://thecolorrun.com/ (even though I hate that it is missing a U!)

I did it!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1002339_10100561420771286_747278212_n.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 7:57 PM Quote
I didn't post my goals for 2013, but I had some mental goals. One was to really declutter my house, a 365 day challenge to get rid of one thing per day.
Another was to take all the letters I have in a box under my bed and scan them. My best friend lived far away from me when I was a kid (way back in the days before the internet) and we wrote each other at least once a week for many years.

I started out really good with the 365 challenge. I got all the way into April. I wrote the item down every day on an online calendar. But then I pooped out. I did get rid of more stuff, but I didn't document it. I don't know if I made it to 365, but I did a pretty good purge. I need to purge again. Stuff creeps back in little by little when you have kids. But areas like my kitchen, living room, closets, etc. are pretty good now. I got rid of all the Christmas decorations that I didn't absolutely love and it was great this year to just take everything out and use it all, instead of leaving the unloved stuff in the boxes.

I got some of my letters scanned, but probably not even half. There are just SO MANY and it was such a SLOW PROCESS. Probably if I had done one a day I could have achieved the goal, but...I didn't. I'd really like to say I'm going to do it this year, but it's so boring and tedious, who am I kidding? I doubt I'll get it done.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 8:43 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
ok, this year I'm going to try this ;)

1. get my job contract renewed for 2014 (*knocks on wood*)
2. say YES more (already started to last year)
3. exercise (haven't done anything sports-wise in...10 years. But I should, says the doctor. So I need to find a sport that I don't hate. Suggestions welcome.)
4. volunteer
5. get my own apartment (this is actually going to happen! In February! Woohoo!)

plus minor targets:
finally learn to ice-skate. see a hockey game and at least one basketball game live. play the guitar more regularly. read more non-fiction.

1: Yup. Got a contract for one more year. Phew. Problem is, it's just that one year and then I'm going to have to leave the university (I can't have more than 2 fixed term contracts in the public sector. Problem is, they *always* give non-teaching folks with decent wages fixed term contracts. So, starting in January, I'm going to look for a new job, I really don't want to be unemployed - again - in 2015)
2: I think I did that. I might start to say NO more in 2015...
3: Nope. But I am absolutely going to change this in 2014.
4: Nope. 2014.
5: YES!
minor targets: no, no, no... and no.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:26 PM