Travis

Re: Our Messageboard
champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 05 Nov, 2012 10:10 AM Quote
I got the goosebumps. Wow Fran. Now that you are back, we are back too. Miss you all!

Fran
Fran Posted Thu 08 Nov, 2012 10:25 AM Quote
Hey Champers,
Nice to hear from you... Wait till you hear this record!! hahaha...It's expanding every listen. Nora is wearing out the CD!! I am forcing myself to have a break.But the songs start playing in my head again and again! Hope you are well...
champagnesupernova wrote:
I got the goosebumps. Wow Fran. Now that you are back, we are back too. Miss you all!

cornax
cornax Posted Thu 08 Nov, 2012 12:19 PM Quote
Who was that guy who signed up to the board just at the beginning of the band's break? American serviceman, I believe, who had just discovered Travis' music and was like, "Woo! Can't wait to see them live!" I hope he finds his way back soon. : )

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Thu 08 Nov, 2012 10:32 PM Quote
Good to see the usual faces back. Loving what I'm hearing via Frans blog and can't wait to hear the results as it sounds as of our boys are on top form.

A wee question if you don't mind Fran: What label is the band on now? I seem to remember J.Smith was the first post-indepente record??

Oh!! P.S, I doubt you'd remember this but back a couple of years ago my now wife arranged for the band to sign a Man Who cover for my wedding present from my now wife Jen. What a fantastic surprise that meant so much to me. The framed cover and hold disc now have pride of place above our dining table in our new first home in Cumbernauld.

Obviously a huge thanks to you guys and the obliging managment at Wildlife for this, it made my wedding day that wee bit more exciting.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Thu 08 Nov, 2012 10:34 PM Quote
Damn iPhone, terrible spelling errors. Doh!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 08 Nov, 2012 10:40 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
Who was that guy who signed up to the board just at the beginning of the band's break? American serviceman, I believe, who had just discovered Travis' music and was like, "Woo! Can't wait to see them live!" I hope he finds his way back soon. : )

I remember him too. I think he was from the Boston area.

Fran
Fran Posted Fri 09 Nov, 2012 2:00 AM Quote
We are about to enter into discussions with various parties. I have an aversion to the "biz" a little though. We may do it ourselves again. I dunno. We made the record ourselves. It is nice to do it this way. Then there's no outside voices asking for hits every day. We looked after that end ourselves on this record ;)
MoreThanMe wrote:
Good to see the usual faces back. Loving what I'm hearing via Frans blog and can't wait to hear the results as it sounds as of our boys are on top form.

A wee question if you don't mind Fran: What label is the band on now? I seem to remember J.Smith was the first post-indepente record??

Oh!! P.S, I doubt you'd remember this but back a couple of years ago my now wife arranged for the band to sign a Man Who cover for my wedding present from my now wife Jen. What a fantastic surprise that meant so much to me. The framed cover and hold disc now have pride of place above our dining table in our new first home in Cumbernauld.

Obviously a huge thanks to you guys and the obliging managment at Wildlife for this, it made my wedding day that wee bit more exciting.

jocelyn
jocelyn Posted Sun 11 Nov, 2012 4:01 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
the songs start playing in my head again and again!

since the announce of the new album its the same with me but with all the travis catalogue =D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2012 11:11 AM Quote
Just a silly question. Will this site get some sort of facelift with a new album coming and all? It has looked the same for ages :P

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2012 12:38 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Just a silly question. Will this site get some sort of facelift with a new album coming and all? It has looked the same for ages :P

Don't say that. I <3 it as is.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2012 9:41 AM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Don't say that. I <3 it as is.

Yes! It's retro :D

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2012 3:20 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Hey Champers,
Nice to hear from you... Wait till you hear this record!! hahaha...It's expanding every listen. Nora is wearing out the CD!! I am forcing myself to have a break.But the songs start playing in my head again and again! Hope you are well...

All this savory talk is like a mental torture man! I am human. With little patience! :-)

That you can not stop playing the record in your head again and again I expect a catchy combination of tunes? Which might be meaning that darkness is gone? Either way suits me. I will get crazy. I am like tons of other here. Craving.
Still being the 12 Memories bitchy geek; a 'bit' of dark ambiance just like the demo sounds you have uploaded wouldn't hurt.
I will wait.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2012 10:10 PM Quote
Now I feel like I've away from my hometown so many time... and I only can hear "Welcome back!!!"

nesmap
nesmap Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2012 1:39 AM Quote
Well...

That post has brought back some memories.

Seems like a lifetime ago I used to post regularly on here. A lot has happened to me since then, but one thing hasn't; you're still my favourite band ;)

Here's hoping for a superb seventh venture!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2012 1:38 PM Quote
Aw, this board is the best messageboard ever. I hadn't logged in for ages. It's nice to see the same old good people hanging around. This place has been the start of so many friendships. Lots of love to my lovely, one of a kind boardie friends all over the world. :o)
(Right now I'm wearing the ABC t-shirt Mer got me for an Unsecret Santa exchange :o) ).

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:46 AM