Travis

Music & Memories/Emotions
Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 3:42 PM Quote
So I found an old thread about the different Travis albums and the memories you have of that time in your life (See the Travisy side of the board).

So I started playing Travis songs and put on The Cage and EVERYTHING from that time came rushing back. Feelings, emotions and so vividly. Mad the way this happens. I just wanted to CRY!!!!!!!!!! lol (ok so I don't mind sharing that).

I love the way music is so linked to out memories but dang when it hits something you don't want to remember like icky heartache. :-/

Re: Music & Memories/Emotions
Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 4:33 PM Quote
I always remember what Fran used to say and that was songs are like smells and it's so true! It's amazing that it can just take you back somewhere and you re-live those memories. I even have a memory mix on my itunes. Sorry to hear that your memory wasn't a good one though Wend :-(

kiwi
kiwi Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 4:43 PM Quote
The first four albums remind me of revising for my leaving certificate in 2005. I had all four on rotation 12 hours a day for weeks on end.

I remember the first time I 'rediscovered' Travis was in 2003 and I was listening to the radio in my room and they played Re-Offender and said it was 'a grower'.

So many memories... it kind of makes me want to go to a concert thinking about it! haha

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 6:53 PM Quote

Now the albums are on Spotify I played them in order last week and they did bring back memories. The Man Who is still up there with the best albums of all time IMO.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 9:42 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

Now the albums are on Spotify I played them in order last week and they did bring back memories. The Man Who is still up there with the best albums of all time IMO.

Hehe that's what I did earlier! Spotify RAWKS man! :)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 11:34 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
I always remember what Fran used to say and that was songs are like smells and it's so true! It's amazing that it can just take you back somewhere and you re-live those memories. I even have a memory mix on my itunes. Sorry to hear that your memory wasn't a good one though Wend :-(

This happens to me all the time...reliving memories through songs. Sometimes it's good memories and sometimes bad. I love how powerful music can be that way.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 11:35 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Hehe that's what I did earlier! Spotify RAWKS man! :)

Apart from it took my last fiver the other day... damn you spotify! I didn't realise the albums were up though, excellent!!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:45 PM