Travis

who do i have to buy christmas presents for?
monkey
monkey Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 3:35 PM Quote
My sister is set to marry this bloke next year who has a 9year old son, do i have to get the kid something?. I really wouldn't bother but i'm buying for my niece (not his daughter)and the baby that they will have togehter come xmas.

I'm thinking no for two resaons - 1, I've never met the kid before and have no involvment in his life. 2, I'm not going to be there for christmas so i don't care if he's expecting something or is disappointed.

Re: who do i have to buy christmas presents for?
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 3:51 PM Quote
I don't think you have to get the boy a gift. You've never met him nor will you be there for Christmas. Plus, he will be getting gifts from his dad and your sister and from other people. You should only get him a gift if you really want to, but sounds like you don't ;)

rella
rella Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 3:54 PM Quote
if you are thinking no for 2 reasons then it is no, go with the flow and merry christmas early since i am never here :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 4:05 PM Quote
Question: Will he live with his father and your sister, or does he live with his mother?

If he will be living as a family with your sister and the other two children, you should buy him a gift. It would go a long way in making him feel accepted.

If he lives with his mother and only visits ever other weekend, then I'd say no.

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 6:28 PM Quote
I agree with Kayte

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 8:10 PM Quote
Thanks for the input, much appreciated. As far as i know the boy stays with his dad every other weekend and one day a week

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 8:46 PM Quote
I agree with Kayte

mili
mili Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 9:48 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I agree with Kayte

Me three.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2010 11:27 PM Quote
I'll go with agree with kayte . No need to go too big , just a gesture .

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 03 Nov, 2010 5:27 AM Quote
I don't think you need to buy him a gift until you meet him. Once you've met and he's part of the family, then you can get him a gift. Like next Christmas. :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:49 AM