Travis

Re: as it comes
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:10 PM Quote
I just wanted to say that I'm with Luke on this one. Fran, I don't think what you wrote is acceptable, no matter how much grievance was caused to you.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:40 PM Quote
think alex's right on this. this is not the first or second or even third time this subject has been brought up. since 12 memories there's been moaning about pr - pr in the uk - change of style in music since 2004- about radio sessions not being hold in the uk - etc. if u don't believe me just check older threads. i figure at some point it just was enough.
so the reaction probably wasn't just to this comment.

i'm not saying it was right, but that's how i explain it to myself and if i'm right then i would be a hell of a lot more pissed than he was - especially if you just spend months away from ur child and wife in order to do interviews and redio sessions...

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:51 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
think alex's right on this. this is not the first or second or even third time this subject has been brought up. since 12 memories there's been moaning about pr - pr in the uk - change of style in music since 2004- about radio sessions not being hold in the uk - etc. if u don't believe me just check older threads. i figure at some point it just was enough.
so the reaction probably wasn't just to this comment.

i get what you're saying and it makes sense. but even if that is the case, it wasn't right letting it all out on one user. if i had written a cheeky comment (i wouldn't even have known that it had already been discussed) and got such a reaction, i would have been gutted. fran could have worded the last bit of his post a bit differently, that's what i think.

but then again, fran's only human as well. maybe it's not right for us to judge, he will know best why he reacted the way he did.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:49 PM Quote
Hmmm Fran i love you but that was a bit harsh man. I dont think it was ment as a diss it was a tounge and cheek little joke and it wasnt a slight on you not doing promo it was just a comment of dispare that we all feel.....we LOVE your reccords and are dissapointed there not on the Radio or TV as much as they used to be. Nobodys saying its your fault or whatever.

Joanna
Joanna Posted Mon 30 Aug, 2010 1:22 PM Quote

ooh it's like Sarahgate!

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Mon 30 Aug, 2010 2:48 PM Quote
^huh what? ;D

Joanna
Joanna Posted Mon 30 Aug, 2010 2:52 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
^huh what? ;D

oops not you sorry lol

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 30 Aug, 2010 3:17 PM Quote
I totally understand the frustration. I guess it's kinda like being the chairman of a football club and having your manager constantly bleating to the press about not being given enough funds - if you're absolutely working your arse off having the "crap promotion" thing trotted out all the time must be totally infuriating. And wearing your heart on your sleeve is what enabled Fran to write all the songs that made us fans in the first place aint it.

But yeah, coming onto your own message board and telling one of your own fans to shut the fuck up probably aint the best way to keep your fanbase happy.

mario_healy
mario_healy Posted Tue 31 Aug, 2010 1:14 PM Quote
you can listen to the song here

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/08/30/paul-mccartney-fran-healy-travis-song-as-it-come/

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 03 Sep, 2010 10:37 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Fran wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:
mario_healy wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
Wow! the album version of everysong is releasing. But i will wait to hear them on the Album on October 5.
I only have heard the studio versions of Buttercups and Sing me to Sleep

i think something similar happened with the last album right?? songs were being played on several places

Yeah I think Fran has particular connections and pathways that he keeps using for promotion. Although judging by the mediocre commercial success of the last couple of albums, maybe he could do with a couple more! :P

Typing To Reach You, you have no idea how anything in this business works. People don't have these connections with media outlets, it's usually the outlets that historically are fans of a certain band and will support them when records come out. And you have always seemed to lay the blame of poor promotion at the feet of bands and the record company but the truth is far simpler. When a band are promoting an album they work their arses off, jumping around the world, doing as many interviews as their brains can manage before exploding... every band I know does this... sometimes you get a break, sometimes you don't. Everyone works SO fucking hard to try and make a break so hearing you pontificating from your bedroom is annoying to the point of distraction. Learn about a subject before you start hawking your wisdom or shut the fuck up.
Lecture over.

Fran. Suffice to say, my comment was not meant as a criticism or an implication that somehow you or bands in general do not work hard in promoting their work. I apologies if this is how it came across. When I said maybe you need a few more connections, it was meant tongue-in-cheek. I have a hell of a lot of respect for you Fran. It disappoints me to think my comment was considered to be laying in to you, and it disappoints me more when you aggressively lay in to people on this messageboard, as happens from time to time. Yes, I'm no expert on this subject. Please educate me on it, but please don't tell me to shut the fuck up, or imply I'm hawking my wisdom. There would have been politer ways in dealing with this misunderstanding.

My Friend , you know nothing of politeness .....

Fran is the leader of our Band here. He is the star of a fantascticulous new albumn and you ,,, you.... find the time to be impolite and deny this man rights on his own board ( not that he demands them) learn more about the people you hastily and wrongly 'have ago at ' whenever he feels shunted in a corner by the likes of yoursleves.

If you had HALF an idea about Fran and how he feels, thinks and brings about the musical genuis that we not only adore but respect above a higher level , YOU will never know about . Fran himself is someone I personally respect for holding back at times so you my friend need an introspection ....after which we will consider your point of view :)

Joanna
Joanna Posted Sat 04 Sep, 2010 10:55 AM Quote

i think there are online tests for celebrity worship syndrome

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 04 Sep, 2010 1:06 PM Quote
^lol class ;D

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 04 Sep, 2010 9:59 PM Quote
Joanna wrote:

LOL!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 04 Sep, 2010 10:19 PM Quote
So what do you think about the studio version? I think it's great! Catchy and mystic at the same time =)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 05 Sep, 2010 3:00 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Joanna wrote:

LOL!

Hehe guilty as charged ! tatoos being updated as we speak

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:33 AM