Travis

Re: In the morning
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 3:04 AM Quote
Since I'm not attending any of the shows I'll wait to have the album in my hands. As Bennie said there's no need to rush. I'm a very patient person. And I'm known for my strong will power ;o).

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 3:05 AM Quote
The closest he's coming to me is Brooklyn, but that's still a bit far away. I'd very much prefer to wait until the album is out. When I pop the CD on in October, the songs will all be brand new and that is going to be wonderful.

Edit - I heard As It Comes and Holiday last year. That is enough of a preview for me.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 3:08 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Since I'm not attending any of the shows I'll wait to have the album in my hands. As Bennie said there's no need to rush. I'm a very patient person. And I'm known for my strong will power ;o).

Yes. Be strong!!! :)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 3:15 AM Quote
Well i done it before, hearing poor records then wait the album, it's great too, but this time i want the feeling of, getting to the album without an idea of what i'm going to listen. So i want to feel the excitement of that, get excited for hearing for the first time the whole album.

mario_healy
mario_healy Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 3:50 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I personally don't understand why you'd listen to (probably) poor recordings of songs on YouTube when you can wait a couple of months and hear them properly. As you say, they'll sound different on record anyway so why the rush to listen to it.

the recording is not poor at all, i mean, we are not in the 90s anymore when digital cameras, cellphones or any other amateur recording devices sucked. Actually the videos on youtube are (more than) good enough to write down the lyrics if we wish too.

you've said you love Holiday, either you listened to it on youtube, the demo on Frans site or on the live album with Andy. The only difference with these videos is that they are not official and they are not properly recorded (still good though)

so, in my personal point of view, why wait if i can listen to a song and know what it sounds like despite its not the album version

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 4:51 AM Quote
Oooh intriguing, but I think I can wait a week to see them myself! I can't wait!!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 5:27 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
The closest he's coming to me is Brooklyn, but that's still a bit far away.

You think, lol.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 5:59 AM Quote
A new song up on Youtube: 'Anything'

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 6:23 AM Quote
I watched a little bit of In the Morning, but I think I'll wait until friday for the rest.

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 6:42 AM Quote
Just the one listen for me.
Forgotten what it sounds like already.
Cant tell you how much this has cheered me up. :-)
And believe me...I needed cheering up, big time.
Wont listen again though.
Promise!

(Apart from Holiday and As it comes, the album will still sound new to me.)
Cant wait for October.
Excitement levels have hit the roof!!!

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 10:44 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I guess half the people in the crowd didn't realize there was someone on stage singing during Buttercups.

My thoughts exactly !

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 12:45 PM Quote
mario_healy wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
I personally don't understand why you'd listen to (probably) poor recordings of songs on YouTube when you can wait a couple of months and hear them properly. As you say, they'll sound different on record anyway so why the rush to listen to it.

the recording is not poor at all, i mean, we are not in the 90s anymore when digital cameras, cellphones or any other amateur recording devices sucked. Actually the videos on youtube are (more than) good enough to write down the lyrics if we wish too.

you've said you love Holiday, either you listened to it on youtube, the demo on Frans site or on the live album with Andy. The only difference with these videos is that they are not official and they are not properly recorded (still good though)

so, in my personal point of view, why wait if i can listen to a song and know what it sounds like despite its not the album version

From some of the comments, it seems people are talking over the songs. If that's how you want your first experience of Fran's songs to be then fine, but again I'd prefer to wait to hear them properly. Especially, like I said before, that the album is out in only a couple of months.

I did listen to both Holiday and As You Are on YouTube. At the time of the Frandy tour when I listened to those we all expected Fran and Andy would play more new songs. I said on here (as I believe many others did) "I won't listen to more." They didn't play any more anyway. I've listened to 2 new songs. I'd prefer save the other 8 for the album. :)

It may not be the album version, but I can guarantee you'll be able to sing along with the album version first time you listen to it. I don't want to be able to sing along the first time I listen to it. I want to be able to listen to it as something new.

Ask others why they're not listening or are wary of only listening once. Most people it seems. ;)

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 1:12 PM Quote
I have Travis related ADHD so couldnt wait! Yeh those people talking need a smack, maybe youre Keane fans but show some frickin respect people grr. Songs sound great, Frans voice sounds amazing (getting better with age?)After one listen 'Anything' is the one Im liking best.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 4:29 PM Quote
http://www.spin.com/articles/exclusive-song-travis-fran-healy-goes-solo

Thank you for the link, Ana!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 4:52 PM Quote
Ooooo! They both sound really good. I think "In The Morning" is gonna sound great on the album.

So sad I won't get to see Fran live. :(

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:04 PM