Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 08 Sep, 2010 4:20 PM Quote
Perhaps Kristy's strength is defense.

Re: Mini ABC / BBC Crossover
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Sep, 2010 7:19 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I think she plays an offensive position but seriously, what do I know about hockey positions.

Oh another funny story. At the club there was, of course, a stripper pole. I went up to it and did the most un-sexy dance I could think of. Think Elaine from "Seinfeld" type dance. After I stopped I had the following conversation with some random guy. Keep in mind he had this surfer dude "whoah" sort of tone.

Dude: Where did you come from?
Me: Texas
Dude: Seriously?
Me: Yes
Dude: That's the best answer I've heard all night

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 08 Sep, 2010 7:21 PM Quote
I hate you, Annie Anne Anderson.
I actually missed the net twice. ugh. It was so embarrassing.

Anne, tell them about the man you didnt buy a drink for.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 08 Sep, 2010 7:59 PM Quote
LOL!! Anne, great stories!

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 08 Sep, 2010 9:34 PM Quote
Nice pics and looking forward to more stories

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 08 Sep, 2010 10:30 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Anne, tell them about the man you didnt buy a drink for.

Was it RYAN???

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 08 Sep, 2010 10:34 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think she plays an offensive position but seriously, what do I know about hockey positions.

Oh another funny story. At the club there was, of course, a stripper pole. I went up to it and did the most un-sexy dance I could think of. Think Elaine from "Seinfeld" type dance. After I stopped I had the following conversation with some random guy. Keep in mind he had this surfer dude "whoah" sort of tone.

Dude: Where did you come from?
Me: Texas
Dude: Seriously?
Me: Yes
Dude: That's the best answer I've heard all night

whoah surfer dude ? way to sterotype . were you wearing a cowboy hat and big silver belt buckle ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 09 Sep, 2010 2:36 AM Quote
We ate dinner at this place called Slutty Moose (or maybe it was Loose Moose). It was really good. The menu talked of a "tortilla muffin." When I inquired I was told it was just cornbread and he wanted to make sure I understood that so I wouldn't be disappointed.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 09 Sep, 2010 9:18 PM Quote
Love the photos looked like you all had a brilliant time :-) LOL @ dance off ribbons! Did you actually bring them with you? hehe

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Sep, 2010 9:31 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Love the photos looked like you all had a brilliant time :-) LOL @ dance off ribbons! Did you actually bring them with you? hehe

I had them secretly stashed in my purse all night. I gave one to the South African judgeman, but he took it off! I was offended.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 10 Sep, 2010 8:54 PM Quote
I was offended too that he did not properly appreciate his participant ribbon.

Kristy, I would like if you would tell them about eating Tim Horton breakfast on the HHoF steps and my encounter (encouuunter?) with the trash man.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 10 Sep, 2010 9:01 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I was offended too that he did not properly appreciate his participant ribbon.

Kristy, I would like if you would tell them about eating Tim Horton breakfast on the HHoF steps and my encounter (encouuunter?) with the trash man.

Sunday morning we went to the Hockey Hall of Fame, and were waiting on the steps for the boys (which are infront of the big fancy door, but aren't the real entrace) so not only was it the most Canadian thing ever to be sitting there and eating Tim Hortons for breaky, but we also got to point about 10 times to the real entrance and direct people like nice little tour guides:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs312.snc4/40954_729017941256_121503582_42406870_4507129_n.jpg

and then a big motorized street sweeper guy came by with a big tube that sucked up garbage. Anne said "wouldnt it be funny if he just sucked up this garbage" and then kinda gestured to grabage man (I think, yes?) and he gave her the go ahead and she put her Tim Hortons cup and bag right there for him to suck up. It was really funny.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 10 Sep, 2010 10:25 PM Quote
Yeah I gestured and was half kidding but he gave me the go-ahead. I think my 5-year-old enthusiasm over the process amused him.

And yes, we did get to point the way. I especially liked the girl who tried to get past us. I can only imagine how obnoxious she must have found us since we were blocking what she perceived as the entrance. As if!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 13 Sep, 2010 6:29 AM Quote
I miss you guys already. :(

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 2:39 PM