Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 3:45 PM Quote

I'm reading The Cemetery of Prague by Umberto Eco. I didn't read the back cover or anything about it, because I wanted to be surprised, not knowing what the book was going to be about. And I'm finding it enthralling. Not only because of the plot itself, but because of all the historical characters in it. I know quite a bit of history so it's not like the background is something new, but just because of that I can't help trying to find out more about the characters and what actually happened to them (if they really existed) as I read the novel. I'm learning a lot! And I've come to a point in the story when I discovered what it's all leading to, and I think it's going to be awesome! I'm very excited. I hope it has a good ending...

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 3:53 PM Quote
I got my clothes washed, gave the house a clean (upstairs and down),done the food shopping and went to the post office to put 30quid in the leccy. so much for a day off.

Today is apparently the 50th anniversary of Breakfast at Tiffanys, so i'm going to give that a watch. Yea, i'm really that cool

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 4:04 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Today is apparently the 50th anniversary of Breakfast at Tiffanys, so i'm going to give that a watch. Yea, i'm really that cool

you should eat breakfast foods while watching it.

I'm going bowling later. Because I'm really that cool.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 4:21 PM Quote
I'm in the basement with my coat on. Because I'm really that cool.

mili
mili Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 5:26 PM Quote
I'm drinking wine after dinner and doing some light work related stuff. Because I'm really that cool.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 5:32 PM Quote
Just got back from a three hour trek in very cold temperatures with an icy wind. It was tough but after a hot shower, i'm feeling goooooood. Might be different tomorrow once I try to move my legs lol.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 5:37 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Just got back from a three hour trek in very cold temperatures with an icy wind. It was tough but after a hot shower, i'm feeling goooooood. Might be different tomorrow once I try to move my legs lol.

I don't know how you do it! It's barely cold here, and I can't do that! Good for you!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 6:39 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I'm reading The Cemetery of Prague by Umberto Eco. I didn't read the back cover or anything about it, because I wanted to be surprised, not knowing what the book was going to be about. And I'm finding it enthralling. Not only because of the plot itself, but because of all the historical characters in it. I know quite a bit of history so it's not like the background is something new, but just because of that I can't help trying to find out more about the characters and what actually happened to them (if they really existed) as I read the novel. I'm learning a lot! And I've come to a point in the story when I discovered what it's all leading to, and I think it's going to be awesome! I'm very excited. I hope it has a good ending...

It's been too long since I've felt that enthusiatic about a book, I'm gonna have to give that a read when I get the chance.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 6:51 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
deebee wrote:

I don't know how you do it! It's barely cold here, and I can't do that! Good for you!

Haha don't be fooled Sandy! Exercise doesn't come naturally to me at all. I do have a very sporty friend, however, and she doesn't take "no" for an answer. When I saw the weather, I kept thinking hehe we're gonna cancel but she had other ideas. I'm thanking her for it now but it was really tough.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 6:51 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

Well done! I always do some stretching after I work out to prevent my legs from hurting the following day. It really makes a difference to me.

I poured half a bottle of 7Up Free on my desk, because I am that cool.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 7:42 PM Quote
I'm getting that first little "I'm getting a cold" feeling. Not surprised since all 3 kids had it. Zicam...Zicam...I'm counting on you.

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 7:56 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

http://i51.tinypic.com/5w9xtg.jpg
It was the bees knees on the 90" screen

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 21 Jan, 2011 9:23 PM Quote
The one time I watched that movie I thought it was pretty bad.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 22 Jan, 2011 1:23 AM Quote
I'm pished-going to bed

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 22 Jan, 2011 3:49 AM Quote
I had trouble getting to sleep last night and ended up getting about 3 hours. Then went to work. Now I'm sleepy.

Pages Previous 1...55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:28 PM