Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 5:05 AM Quote
Glad you're over the worst of it! I remember honestly believing I would never get better a couple of weeks ago, haha. So even feeling a bit weak is a definite improvement. You'd think after growing up in such damp countries we'd develop better immune systems!

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 7:28 AM Quote
What a way to start the year! Son no 2 has a stomach bug so I've spent the past 2 nights changing sheets, giving medecine and trying to be nice patient mummy when in fact I still haven't recovered properly from New Year's Eve and I'm feeling grouchy. Supposed to be back at work today after the Christmas break and I've had to cancel all my lessons, humpf!

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 2:29 PM Quote
I went to work the day still pretty drunk from the previous night and fell asleep on the canteen table. I woke 3hours later with some awesome looking hair ;)

http://i53.tinypic.com/ivd02a.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 6:33 PM Quote
Good man, reminds me of my days in security. One of the places I worked had an emergency room, complete with a bed, I used to start my night shift at 5:30pm sit about playing patience or reading a book till around midnight, then hop into the "sick" room and sleep till 6 am then get up for staff arriving around 7am before finishing my shift at 9am.

Today I'm feeling better, got a bit of a cough and light headed at times but generally feeling good. So much so I went to the pub (Halfway House) before I get reported missing. I'm quite proud of myself as I had a pot of tea and then a Lucozade instead of any alcohol.

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 7:48 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm quite proud of myself as I had a pot of tea and then a Lucozade instead of any alcohol.

Dubz

Good for you - you're entitled to feel proud. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Is there still an epidemic level of Flu cases in the UK and Eire?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 8:08 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm quite proud of myself as I had a pot of tea and then a Lucozade instead of any alcohol.

Dubz

Good for you - you're entitled to feel proud. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Is there still an epidemic level of Flu cases in the UK and Eire?

Thank you,

That's just the media with their usual scaremongering, yeah there's a bit of flu around but it's the middle of winter people generally get sick in winter every year. It's no different this year. They're also claiming a three fold rise in cases of Swine Flu which is probably true... but I'm wondering if this is because of a genuine rise or because people are more aware of the virus and as such are attending a doctor's surgery or a hospital as soon as the symptoms arrive, instead of just writing it off as a bad cold/mild flu perhaps?

I know the next time I feel like a did over the last week I'll be going to the Dr's Toot Sweet !!

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 03 Jan, 2011 9:03 PM Quote
Last.fm has just suggested I should listen to Brandon Flowers. EWWWWWW.

Andrew, that picture made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Adorable ;)

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 04 Jan, 2011 1:06 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Good man, reminds me of my days in security. One of the places I worked had an emergency room, complete with a bed, I used to start my night shift at 5:30pm sit about playing patience or reading a book till around midnight, then hop into the "sick" room and sleep till 6 am then get up for staff arriving around 7am before finishing my shift at 9am.
Dubz

haha that's class. I get to sleep, do my open uni work and watch freeview without anyone running to my boss. In return all i have to do is stick a few hours onto the lads timesheet so they can pick up a bit extra in their wages.

glad you got a laugh Megg :). What's wrong with Brandon Flowers tho? I thought his debut album was very good

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 04 Jan, 2011 1:58 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
glad you got a laugh Megg :). What's wrong with Brandon Flowers tho? I thought his debut album was very good

Oh dear. Andrew, you've just stepped into a minefield.

Megg is to the Killers/BF as Anne is to Nickelback.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 04 Jan, 2011 2:53 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
monkey wrote:

But you are right about Nickelback. Not sure i like Megg now ;)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 04 Jan, 2011 3:23 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
monkey wrote:

I was at a Killers show, it was full of drunk obnoxious girls jockying in place for a better view . I've been to metal shows where people were more polite . Lots of puking too . I cut out and went to Mudhoney

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 04 Jan, 2011 5:51 PM Quote
Apple bread. Mmmmm.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 04 Jan, 2011 6:12 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Apple bread. Mmmmm.

Kayte, that sounds fantastic...mmmm!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 Jan, 2011 8:11 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

I was at a Killers show, it was full of drunk obnoxious girls jockying in place for a better view . I've been to metal shows where people were more polite . Lots of puking too . I cut out and went to Mudhoney

See, people?? Proves my point!

Andrew, I won't even comment on that.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 05 Jan, 2011 6:10 AM Quote
I am back in the land of the living.

EDIT: I just realized that this is my 2000th post. sweet.

Pages Previous 1...44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:28 PM