Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 7:43 PM Quote
Oh, haha, that would make more sense! Arts in UCC. I don't really want to do it, but couldn't make up my mind for anything else. I don't want to be a teacher though, which is what everyone thinks when I say Arts. We'll see what comes of it anyway.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 7:48 PM Quote
Best of Luck !!! now off you go and get a big bag of cans, a nagin and get drunk by the canal.

isn't that what you do to celebrate these days, haha.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 26 Aug, 2010 3:47 PM Quote
So I got to work and everything was off the floor in my office. Some of the stuff I had removed yesterday because I was told the cleaners were coming in to strip the floors. but EVERYTHING Was off the floor and either on my desk or in another room. Once I cleared that off and found my chair I thought things were back to normal. Then I went to use the bathroom and the garbage can was on the toilet. So i go to take it down and one of the sides of the garbage can fell off (it is metal) and sliced open 2 of my toes! Now I have to go and get a tetanus shot this afternoon so that I dont get an infection since it was a metal object in a bathroom that could be covered in all kinds of gross.
This is a fun day.
ps- toes HURT!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 26 Aug, 2010 5:35 PM Quote
Kristy, maybe you'll have to trade in your ballet flats for some steel-toed boots. Maybe you can claim workman's comp!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 26 Aug, 2010 5:48 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Kristy, maybe you'll have to trade in your ballet flats for some steel-toed boots. Maybe you can claim workman's comp!

im wearing sandals :(
Flats would have prevented the injury.

Given that everything should be covered by the government, and if some odd reason I need a prescription, by my work medical plan, there shouldn't be anything for workman's comp to cover, BUT I should get kick ass steel toed boots anyways!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 26 Aug, 2010 6:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

im wearing sandals :(
Flats would have prevented the injury.

Given that everything should be covered by the government, and if some odd reason I need a prescription, by my work medical plan, there shouldn't be anything for workman's comp to cover, BUT I should get kick ass steel toed boots anyways!

Sure! With a cute plaid lining! Or maybe you can invent a whole new genre of footwear: Steel toed ballet flats, for the fashion conscious woman who occasionally encounters occupational hazards.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 26 Aug, 2010 6:28 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Sure! With a cute plaid lining! Or maybe you can invent a whole new genre of footwear: Steel toed ballet flats, for the fashion conscious woman who occasionally encounters occupational hazards.

or who are massive klutzes!
Off to the docs!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 27 Aug, 2010 2:55 PM Quote
at said doctors yesterday I found out that I am a whole 160cm/5'3"!
Take that everyone who thinks im short. that is a whole inch taller than I thought :)

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 29 Aug, 2010 8:25 PM Quote
There's a hurricane coming awfully close to the island where my dad lives...

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 23 Sep, 2010 10:38 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
at said doctors yesterday I found out that I am a whole 160cm/5'3"!
Take that everyone who thinks im short. that is a whole inch taller than I thought :)

ha ha you're still tiny.

My next door neighbour doesn't speak to me or even acknowledge me unless i'm with another female. She's mental

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 01 Oct, 2010 11:32 AM Quote
yesterday, it snowed in Munich.

SNOWED!!!

There was SNOW!

In September.
SEPTEMBER!!!

Of course it turned into rain after a few minutes but people instantly started talking about Christmas.

Which made me think about last year.

Which leads to my question:

is there any demand for another Christmas Exchange? Or maybe a REAL "Secret Santa" exchange this time?

And if so, who wants to take over from the scary elf (haw haw)? ;D

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 01 Oct, 2010 4:21 PM Quote
I was wondering this, myself. I'm always up for a boardie exchange. Maybe start a new thread to attract attention and guage interest. It seems the board has lost a lot of people since Facebook has taken over, but we might still be able to do it. We didn't do a spring exchange this year, did we? It's time!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Sat 02 Oct, 2010 12:03 PM Quote
I'm home for the weekend again! I don't live far away from uni so get to see my family every weekend :-) Stops the homesickness anyway!

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Sun 03 Oct, 2010 7:23 PM Quote
Today in my city/town they are having a premiere for the move Secretariat. They are suppose to be losta celebs but I haven't saw any. I am just sitting at work watching them block off streets and bustle around in the cold. It is EXTRA cold today. What happened to the nice October transition before winter :(

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 03 Oct, 2010 10:40 PM Quote
We went to the apple orchard today. Picked half bushel. Got fresh cinnamon donuts and apple cider. Mmmmmmm. Colder than gee whiz today, though.

Pages Previous 1...24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:31 AM