Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 11 Jul, 2010 7:24 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
I don't like my life right now, it's a big giant mess.
In other news, I'm sunburnt again.

*hugs*
eat some of Juli's chocolate. And your belly jeans.

Instead of chocolate can someone please share some words of wisdom about:

- job searching,
- how to force myself to finish this bloody thesis and actuallygraduateforchrist'ssake,
- getting rid of these terrible headaches,
- how to prepare myself for my family's questions about graduating/finding a job/finding a husband when I'll go back to my hometown for god knows how long,
- how to go back to said hometown after 5 years of living somewhere else and not feel like a failure,
- how to go back home after said 5 years and survive living with your family again WITHOUT going mad after a week,
- how to stop thinking about and missing the stupid stupid jerk I didn't even know I care so much about until he left, damn it.

OK, rant's over. Apart from that I'm proud to announce I'm still sticking to my running schedule which is a great success as I usually stop exercising after 2 days.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 4:42 AM Quote
Today we hung out in Galveston (beach town) with my dad. My dad and I were walking back to our stuff with the kids and Aidan was a bit ahead of us. He suddenly was holding something pretty big and jumping and up down all excited and yelling for me.

I got closer and thought "that really looks like a dead seagull but certainly he isn't holding a dead seagull."

He was in fact holding a dead seagull and was very excited to have found this. Though he kept saying "aww poor birdie."

I feel I earned major points today for how casually and calmly I explained why he needed to put down the dead seagull.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 13 Jul, 2010 7:30 PM Quote
Kristy, I think it's the x. But it doesn't matter which one it is, you can have all the chocolate you want. :oP

megg_inc wrote:

Instead of chocolate can someone please share some words of wisdom about:

- job searching,
- how to force myself to finish this bloody thesis and actuallygraduateforchrist'ssake,
- getting rid of these terrible headaches,
- how to prepare myself for my family's questions about graduating/finding a job/finding a husband when I'll go back to my hometown for god knows how long,
- how to go back to said hometown after 5 years of living somewhere else and not feel like a failure,
- how to go back home after said 5 years and survive living with your family again WITHOUT going mad after a week,
- how to stop thinking about and missing the stupid stupid jerk I didn't even know I care so much about until he left, damn it.

OK, rant's over. Apart from that I'm proud to announce I'm still sticking to my running schedule which is a great success as I usually stop exercising after 2 days.

1) I don't know what to say here. I don't know how the situation is in Europe, but in Argentina, finding a job is very difficult. There are websites where you can register and they send you job offers. Or you could try establishing connections with professors and people who work on the field you're interested in, and let them know that you're looking for a job.
2) I don't know if this will help, but this is my advice. I work better under pressure. When I didn't have anymore deadlines and had to finish this one last research report to finally graduate, I set a deadline myself (I had to hand in the paper before I turned 24). And that's how I managed to finish it. Of course then I had to wait months for the professors to evaluate it and finally graduate, but I had nothing left to do.
3) Go see a neurologist. I have friends who suffer from terrible chronic headaches and they all have their own "headache pill" prescribed by a doctor.
4) Maybe your family is more persistent than mine, but whenever questions like those come up, I just get upset and tell them to shut up and mind their own business. And it works. If by any chance they continue to push it, I just leave the room. Not very civilised, but it works for me.
5) I've experienced nothing like this, but you're not a failure, Megg!!!!
6) I have no idea.
7) Going out and meeting new people. Hanging out with friends. Chocolate. Booze.
8) Way to go Megg! I could never do that. Ever. So I'm very proud of you too. :oP

Anne, the seagull thing is gross!

We're playing Secret Friend at work, because on July 20th it's Friends Day in Argentina. We drawed lots today and I got someone I don't know. Lol. I have no idea who this person is. This is what happens when you're a shy antisocial person. What am I going to get her? I've no idea, because I don't even know what she looks like, if she's young or old, anything.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 13 Jul, 2010 9:41 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

1) I don't know what to say here. I don't know how the situation is in Europe, but in Argentina, finding a job is very difficult. There are websites where you can register and they send you job offers. Or you could try establishing connections with professors and people who work on the field you're interested in, and let them know that you're looking for a job.

Yep, I'm searching but the vacancies I'm interested in/skilled to apply for are very limited and I'm pretty sure it's gonna take months to find anything and still it's gonna be not what I hoped for. (Yup, I'm rather pesimistic in this case).

4) Maybe your family is more persistent than mine, but whenever questions like those come up, I just get upset and tell them to shut up and mind their own business. And it works. If by any chance they continue to push it, I just leave the room. Not very civilised, but it works for me.

Lol, I often do this but it's not very mature, is it? And more importantly, only works until the 'next time'!

6) I have no idea.

Yeah. Exactly.

7) Going out and meeting new people. Hanging out with friends. Chocolate. Booze.

Sounds good but: my friends are all far away, therefore:no going out, no hanging out, no booze.

dee
dee Posted Tue 13 Jul, 2010 11:38 PM Quote
i'm still in de pub. I'm quite ripped and have somehow managed to spend no money. It's been eventful, birthdays and deaths.

* post not actually by dee.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 14 Jul, 2010 12:48 AM Quote
dee wrote:
i'm still in de pub. I'm quite ripped and have somehow managed to spend no money. It's been eventful, birthdays and deaths.

* post not actually by dee.

Fucking bastard mobile phones, I'm home form de pub, and now I really should go to bed but since I have the place to myslef I'm going to open a bottle of Vino and listen to music, get really passionate and probably changing every track about halfway through cause It reminds me I want to listen to something else next, my CDs will be in a mess in the morning.

Dubz

eta: I should stick on heid phones so as not to annoy the neighbours

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 14 Jul, 2010 8:52 AM Quote
Megg, it all sounds very depressing. Maybe things won't turn out so bad in the future. Who knows! Don't lose hope and try to enjoy life a bit. *Hugs*

I went to a demonstration to support same-sex marriage today. It was a lot of fun. The slogan was to make a lot of noise. A girl there gave me a whistle... Oh, I was so annoying. :o)
The Senate is going to debate the bill to approve same-sex marriage tomorrow (the Chamber of Deputies has already approved it). There was also a pretty big demonstration against same-sex marriage... but I'm not surprised by numbers, as it's only typical for majorities to be against granting the same rights to minorities.
Anyway, I hope the Senate approves the bill. It would be a huge stept towards equity.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 14 Jul, 2010 10:40 AM Quote
I have a bangin' hangover.

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 14 Jul, 2010 6:57 PM Quote
Sitting here randomly going through Dawson's Creek quotes. Are things this bad!? Man I loved that show :)

" I don't believe in perfect love. But I do believe that there are people who's lives are inextricably intertwined."

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 15 Jul, 2010 6:12 AM Quote
There's a cold spell in Buenos Aires. I'm freezing my arse off. It's 2 am, I'm working and I'm wearing a long sleeve tshirt, a short sleeve tshirt, a woolen turtleneck and a hoodie. And gloves. And my nose is frozen and I'm shivering.

And our Internet provider said that they would give us a faster Internet connection for free for five months... well, if this is "fast" for you, then please give me my old crappy connection back. This one's dropping all the time. Pf.

Maybe I should have made this post in the "things you don't like..." thread.

Edit: It's 4.38am and same-sex marriage is now legal in Argentina!!!! We're the first Latin American country that grants this right to gay couples. I'm very proud. :o)
There had to be something good about this night after all!

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Sat 17 Jul, 2010 9:43 PM Quote
Megg if it makes you feel any better my life is a big giant mess as well. And be glad you only had 5 years. I'm still not out of school and feel like a failure. And my 10 year class reunion is coming up and I feel as if I have nothing! Best of luck to you Megg! x

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 18 Jul, 2010 6:01 PM Quote
I asked my brother's ex-boyfriend to my debs. Is that socially acceptable?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:49 PM Quote

I'm taking iron pills again. The doctor said I'm going to have to take them for the rest of my life. Awesome! [/sarcasm]
On an upper note, my mum gave Ale and I a brand new camera as a graduation gift! :oD

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 4:18 PM Quote
I am on day 2 of a mad cleaning frenzy.

Absy
Absy Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 6:48 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I am on day 2 of a mad cleaning frenzy.

Sounds like something I've just seen but where ???!!!

Pages Previous 1...18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:34 PM