Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 18 Jun, 2010 5:55 AM Quote
dee wrote:
i had an interview where my current boss was on the interview panel.

difficult

I only have done an interview panel once. I passed out. I was a wee bit embarrassed. How do you recover from that?

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 18 Jun, 2010 5:57 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I guess so, Sandy, haha.
Thank you, Mer!! :o)

Is there a video of that Backstret Boys song? :oP

Not anymore!!!!

Yay Anne!!! I'm super duper excited for you!

Kayte- did the glitter come out?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 18 Jun, 2010 3:07 PM Quote
She went swimming after the party and I think some of the glitter came out in the pool, but there is still a whole lotta glitter in her hair. It's that really super-fine glitter. I'm going to give her a thorough shampoo today.

Did you ever have one of those days when it seems like you have an appointment or something, but there's nothing on the calendar? That's what I'm having today. I think my day started so early (6:00 AM airport run) that it seems like I've been up all day already.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 18 Jun, 2010 3:36 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:

I only have done an interview panel once. I passed out. I was a wee bit embarrassed. How do you recover from that?

More details please

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 19 Jun, 2010 2:04 AM Quote
found out TFC is playing 12 OCT !

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 19 Jun, 2010 6:36 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Meridith wrote:

More details please

It was in high school and I was going for the sterling scholarship for art. I was in the middle of showing my portfolio and answering their questions when I started feeling weird like everything was buzzing around me. Next thing I knew they were all around me seeing if I was okay. They offered me food and sugar, but after that it just kind of killed the interview. And sadly, I did not get the scholarship.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 1:26 AM Quote
I need Anne to punch some people after all. I am officially retarded and OFFICIALLY you can't trust anyone, even the best girlfriends.

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 1:35 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I need Anne to punch some people after all. I am officially retarded and OFFICIALLY you can't trust anyone, even the best girlfriends.

why Anne?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 2:41 AM Quote
what happened Meggy?
Im around if you need to talk

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 4:23 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

why Anne?

I checked in a few days ago to make sure there weren't any jerks I needed to punch on her behalf and she said no. Sounds like things have changed. Also sounds like I might need to also punch a girl? I'm down with that.

I'll be there in about 16 hours.

dee
dee Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 3:02 PM Quote
i got the job. had to re-interview for a new position within the school.
went to a hen party last night, lots of fun was had.
i do however want to rant about the barman who "ran out of water" and his skeevy fangirl propping up the bar telling me to get lost until i can manage a real drink.
i'm blaming them for how my head feels right now because normally i down a few pints of water in the club before i even get home.

mili
mili Posted Sun 20 Jun, 2010 4:47 PM Quote
dee wrote:
i got the job. had to re-interview for a new position within the school.
went to a hen party last night, lots of fun was had.
i do however want to rant about the barman who "ran out of water" and his skeevy fangirl propping up the bar telling me to get lost until i can manage a real drink.
i'm blaming them for how my head feels right now because normally i down a few pints of water in the club before i even get home.

When I still lived with my parents I used to drive to the clubs, as the bus service was poor to the sticks they live in. Once I was in a club called Berlin, when the barman gave me stick for ordering orange juice. My friends told me I should have replied that I thought the place was called Berlin, not Tohmajärvi (a really out-of-civilization village). It's none of the barman's business if you don't want to have a real drink.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 2:43 AM Quote
it being the first day of summer, i bought a new razor

Absy
Absy Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 7:41 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
it being the first day of summer, i bought a new razor

Mazal tov !

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 1:21 PM Quote
Woot! I'm finished my exams. And I'm trying to reorganise my college applications. Left it a bit late, next week is the deadline... I'm so confused!

Congrats on the job btw Dee :)

Pages Previous 1...13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:40 AM