Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
deebee
deebee Posted Mon 07 Jun, 2010 5:36 PM Quote
Air stewardess to a red faced Kristy "Are you rather hot Madam?
Reply "No I'm OK. I just couldn't fit my extra 3 rollneck jumpers in my case thank you"
mmmmm I totally understand the dilemma.

When I travelled back from France as a student, I had double the amount of cases allowed on board the coach. I handed 2 of them to a guy with just a small "manbag" and said "you don't mind, do you?" It worked a treat!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 07 Jun, 2010 6:27 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Reply "No I'm OK. I just couldn't fit my extra 3 rollneck jumpers in my case thank you"
mmmmm I totally understand the dilemma.

When I travelled back from France as a student, I had double the amount of cases allowed on board the coach. I handed 2 of them to a guy with just a small "manbag" and said "you don't mind, do you?" It worked a treat!

Someone get the seat belt extender, please, for the young woman wearing 7 dresses and two sweaters under her parka!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 07 Jun, 2010 7:38 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

never in my life have i said 'rollneck jumpers' ha!
Appraisal went really well, actually. More $ for this girl. Like I said, still not really up to standards, but a step in the right direction.

We had to do a self assesment part and apperently I rated my self quite accurately. go me. So take that, all you people who say I see myself differently than you see me :P

dee
dee Posted Mon 07 Jun, 2010 10:18 PM Quote
it's job hunting season and for the third year in a row i feel conflicted...what's new?
should i stay or should i go? can i stay? is it even my choice?

anyway, this is my first comment on this board in months. Error 1 was really getting my goat-glad it's fixed.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 08 Jun, 2010 2:43 AM Quote
I'm starting my exams on Wednesday. I'm starting to get a little terrified now. I can't seem to go to bed so I'm watching Billy Elliot. It's on my English course. I like his brother. Its a really good movie, anyone who hasn't seen it should go watch it.

mili
mili Posted Tue 08 Jun, 2010 8:34 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

If it's stuff that you don't need immediately, you can just ship it by sea, I think. I believe that's how my parents got all their stuff over to Germany.

When we moved to Germany a removal company put all our stuff in a container and delivered it to the new place at an appointed time. Same happened when we came back. We had things like washing machine, sofa, desk etc with us on top of the clothes and most of the books and lps. We only took a small amount of stuff by plane.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 08 Jun, 2010 11:46 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
deebee wrote:

This is YOU after 2 years in the UK - all canadian-isms will have been erased !!!!

Cool news about your appraisal - don't go shopping to celebrate just yet.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 08 Jun, 2010 12:59 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
minnmess wrote:
deebee wrote:

This is YOU after 2 years in the UK - all canadian-isms will have been erased !!!!

Cool news about your appraisal - don't go shopping to celebrate just yet.

I like my Canadianisms :(

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 08 Jun, 2010 1:58 PM Quote
It's election day !

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 08 Jun, 2010 7:46 PM Quote
I spent around three hours in a waiting room yesterday. The appointment with the doctor didn't last more than ten minutes. I had to miss work, it was the last class of the Seminar we've been doing. It was such a waste of a day.

And today when I came to my office I found out that a lady that participated of the Seminar made me a present. I don't know who she is, she didn't write her name. All I kow is that she was blonde. But it was very sweet of her. :o)

Absy
Absy Posted Tue 08 Jun, 2010 8:35 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
It's election day !

Vamos Gavin !

dee
dee Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 12:12 AM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
I'm starting my exams on Wednesday. I'm starting to get a little terrified now. I can't seem to go to bed so I'm watching Billy Elliot. It's on my English course. I like his brother. Its a really good movie, anyone who hasn't seen it should go watch it.

Best of luck!
it'll be a cake walk to you:)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 12:41 AM Quote
Absy wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
It's election day !

Vamos Gavin !

he's running for LT GOV, it's the primaries . I didn't vote for him.. I voted Basque

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 1:49 AM Quote
the fat bloke who delivering my fridge asked - "bro, can i use your shitter?"

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 1:07 PM Quote
dee wrote:
fenchurch wrote:

Best of luck!
it'll be a cake walk to you:)

Thanks Dee! I've started now anyway, so the worst is over. And it went pretty well I think, I'm happy enough anyway.

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:10 AM