Travis

Personality of Travis.
cazman
cazman Posted Fri 23 Apr, 2010 5:47 PM Quote
Anyone think that if travis had more of a rocky, cocky attitude they would have been bigger than they are?

i mean oasis are leagues below trav, their attitude seemed to make them more popular and keep them still in the public eye.

not saying as in become idiots like liam etc. and i know its about the music, not about the amount of fans etc. but maybe would things have be(en) better for travis if they had more of an attitude?

Re: Personality of Travis.
CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Fri 23 Apr, 2010 9:28 PM Quote
I don't think is a matter of attitude ... I think the bands as people have their own personalities and Travis is very different from the Oasis... of course. Perhaps what has given more to showcase oasis is to have members polemic ... but sometimes that ends up being a distraction from what really matters: your music. That doesn't happen to Travis...I think...the most of people who is a really fan of Travis it's noT for "if the vocalist is cute or something like that"....not for "if the guitarrist is polemic or not"...in my case I'm a huge fan of them for (first of all) the music that they make.....
:D

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 23 Apr, 2010 9:58 PM Quote
I agree with Chilena,

I can only speak for myself though I loved "Travis" long before I knew who they actually were. So its the music that's important. Also I don't think that Liam- or Amy W. or etc.-kind-of attitude wouldn't fit with music of Travis...

I find it also good to see that they're ...well "normal" you know. That they have values which they follow..

About the success..well if one of them would crash more parties, do drugs and smoke the ahes of their granddad and piss of the queen or whatever - sure they would be better known. But not for their music...and that's the main part, isn't it?

Also their songs would lose their honesty...know what I mean? Can't believe someone who sings about respect and show otherwise...

But Travis, up to now, stayed true..kinda proud of that..

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 23 Apr, 2010 11:29 PM Quote
I like Travis because of Dougie's moves.

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 1:33 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

dude, that's a little gay

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 2:22 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I was only taking on the ladies perspective of the subject.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 2:26 AM Quote
No seriously some bands have a#$hole-personalities and Travis have not, they let the music talk instead.

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 2:43 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
monkey wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I was only taking on the ladies perspective of the subject.

and the gays ;)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 2:43 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I agree with Swede Boy:P

neo1011
neo1011 Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:11 AM Quote
cazman wrote:
not saying as in become idiots like liam

A fool & heroes to me are the Gallagher brothers! Sure their demeanour is juvenile or 'working class', but at least they had the bravery to speak their mind & ego (M&E).

Travis had M&E: all could see it bursting at the seams lying dormant on the Singles DVD - but Fran & co had a self constraint twas absent in the Pommie Manchester Bros.

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:31 AM Quote
neo1011 wrote:
cazman wrote:

A fool & heroes to me are the Gallagher brothers! Sure their demeanour is juvenile or 'working class', but at least they had the bravery to speak their mind & ego (M&E).

speaking their mind is one thing - a good thing. What's pissing me off is seeing how fucking disrespectful they behave and that's nothing to do with speaking their mind. at all! Having fun and being wild is one thing, but they long since crossed that line for good.

like liam not showing for a show cos he's pissed at noel or better yet just wants to see his reaction or demolishing the interiors of an aircraft or destroying a hotel room or getting so drunk on stage that he's not able to even perform...etc.etc.etc.

if they were working class they'd respect the properties of other people or that fans paid hundrets of dollars just to see them and then they get on drunk on stage or don't show at all! But they don't care. They just want the money. They think they're better than all the others. And yes Liam even said that.

Yeah I'm proud and happy Travis are not like Oasis. At all!

I'm sorry for this long entry, but I'm tired of hearing from Oasis fans why Oasis is sooo great (if they'd say it about their music alright! I love their music - but their behaviour just sucks. Nothing more. Their's nothing heoric in it whatsoever. And it's time people realise that...

it's like this stockholmsyndrom. Once they're a fan of Oasis they (and I'm talking about those 10 fans I talked to at their last concert in Switzerland) tend to ignore even adore that kind of shitty behaviour - just because it's oh-so-cool Liam..

And yes I know I have no idea what they're like in privat life! I mean maybe they're real nice guys or whatever...Fran seems to like them. I just like their music. But I don't really care who they are cos after what they've shown I don't really want to get to know them...

And I think it's sad to see that musicians don't think they've got a chance on the market without doing this big shitty show. Sex-rehab? Sex-toys on stage (Gaga)? etc.etc.

So I'd rather have them less successful and less known than have them known for shit like that....

(sorry for my capitalisation ...my keyboard seems to be broken)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 4:00 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
neo1011 wrote:
cazman wrote:

speaking their mind is one thing - a good thing. What's pissing me off is seeing how fucking disrespectful they behave and that's nothing to do with speaking their mind. at all! Having fun and being wild is one thing, but they long since crossed that line for good.

like liam not showing for a show cos he's pissed at noel or better yet just wants to see his reaction or demolishing the interiors of an aircraft or destroying a hotel room or getting so drunk on stage that he's not able to even perform...etc.etc.etc.

if they were working class they'd respect the properties of other people or that fans paid hundrets of dollars just to see them and then they get on drunk on stage or don't show at all! But they don't care. They just want the money. They think they're better than all the others. And yes Liam even said that.

Yeah I'm proud and happy Travis are not like Oasis. At all!

I'm sorry for this long entry, but I'm tired of hearing from Oasis fans why Oasis is sooo great (if they'd say it about their music alright! I love their music - but their behaviour just sucks. Nothing more. Their's nothing heoric in it whatsoever. And it's time people realise that...

it's like this stockholmsyndrom. Once they're a fan of Oasis they (and I'm talking about those 10 fans I talked to at their last concert in Switzerland) tend to ignore even adore that kind of shitty behaviour - just because it's oh-so-cool Liam..

And yes I know I have no idea what they're like in privat life! I mean maybe they're real nice guys or whatever...Fran seems to like them. I just like their music. But I don't really care who they are cos after what they've shown I don't really want to get to know them...

And I think it's sad to see that musicians don't think they've got a chance on the market without doing this big shitty show. Sex-rehab? Sex-toys on stage (Gaga)? etc.etc.

So I'd rather have them less successful and less known than have them known for shit like that....

(sorry for my capitalisation ...my keyboard seems to be broken)

I totally agree with you Nora :) I don't know them so I can't say anything about how they behave in private, but their behaviour on stage/towards their fans are very disrespectful and rude. I wouldn't be proud about that if I were a Oasis fan... Good thing that Travis both are gentlemen on stage and write terrific music :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 8:14 PM Quote
cazman wrote:
Anyone think that if travis had more of a rocky, cocky attitude they would have been bigger than they are?

Yes, I think there's a very good chance that's true. What's also very good is that it's not the case - Travis haven't been interested in fame or infamy for years, if ever, and they're all the better for it.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 9:22 AM Quote
I'd be hard pushed to say that I hate Oasis, when they've made so much great music over their lifespan. There's also nothing wrong with acting up and keeping the bad boy image alive if nobody's getting hurt.

But I did think Liam stepped over the mark when he snubbed the award he won at this year's Brits for What's the Story. Mainly because it was voted for by fans, and not the establishment, which he claims, via his behaviour, to despise. Snubbing the fans who voted for Oasis and won him this award was plain wrong.

As this is becoming a Travis vs Oasis thread, I'd add that I am sure (without wanting to put words into the mouths of Fran et al) that had Travis won the award instead of Oasis, Fran would have been a gazillion percent more appreciative.

I voted for Travis in this category, I'm happy to have voted for Travis, and I even went on the radio and shouted it loud and proud to the rooftops on a phone in!

(old news, I know, but relevant to the thread, I hope....)

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 2:19 PM Quote
I didn't want it to become a Travis vs. Oasis thread I just took them as an example. You can take Amy W. as well or all those real bad boys with their bling bling fucked up shit..

Or Gaga with her bad girl image
Oasis was just a example...and the line where they started hearting people was crossed way way wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before Liam did his show while receiving this award.
Oasis is just the perfect example for bad behaviour. Which too made them famous.

Question: Would they be as famous as they are for their music only?

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:52 AM