Travis

Dr Who Finale
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 31 Dec, 2009 7:12 PM Quote
Who else will be tuning in? End of an era, this is.

The advent calendar if you missed it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/features/adventurecalendar/

Re: Dr Who Finale
moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Thu 31 Dec, 2009 7:17 PM Quote
I'll be watching! Crying my eyes out mostly, but I'll be watching ;-) David Tennant will be a hard Doctor to beat- He's such a brilliant actor in whatever he does. I wish he stayed on another series as Steven Moffat is taking over. In my opinion I thought that his storylines were better than Russel T. Davies's ones, although his storylines were good too. Still, farewell 10th Doctor :-P

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 31 Dec, 2009 7:22 PM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
I'll be watching! Crying my eyes out mostly, but I'll be watching ;-) David Tennant will be a hard Doctor to beat- He's such a brilliant actor in whatever he does. I wish he stayed on another series as Steven Moffat is taking over. In my opinion I thought that his storylines were better than Russel T. Davies's ones, although his storylines were good too. Still, farewell 10th Doctor :-P

Completely agree with what you said. If he was crying when he read the script, then it's gonna be quite sad how he goes. :( But he should have done just one year with Moffatt--the guy is an exceptional writer. Which was your favourite episode?

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Thu 31 Dec, 2009 7:26 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:

Completely agree with what you said. If he was crying when he read the script, then it's gonna be quite sad how he goes. :( But he should have done just one year with Moffatt--the guy is an exceptional writer. Which was your favourite episode?

Considering I was crying when Christopher Eccleston left and it wasn't that sad I'll be in floods of tears tomorrow XD

My favourite episode was Midnight - The moment when The Doctor says 'BECAUSE I'M CLEVER' reminds me of college lol XD I always get the urge to say that when people question my exam results :-P How about yours?

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 31 Dec, 2009 7:34 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:

Considering I was crying when Christopher Eccleston left and it wasn't that sad I'll be in floods of tears tomorrow XD

My favourite episode was Midnight - The moment when The Doctor says 'BECAUSE I'M CLEVER' reminds me of college lol XD I always get the urge to say that when people question my exam results :-P How about yours?

Ooh that's a good one. Ha, I was a flood when the Master aged him hundreds of years lol. Well I've got a few, there are so many good stories . . . LOVED Blink (who doesn't?), Tooth and Claw, the Shakespeare Code, the Waters of Mars. That last one could have been a finale.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:50 PM Quote
I'll definitely be watching. I thought the episode on Christmas Day was a bit rubbish if I'm honest, there was a lot of atmospherics and not much actual plot, so I'm hoping Russell T will have pulled out all the stops for the last show. David Tennant will leave huge shoes to fill, he is now so synonymous with Dr Who that anyone else doing it faces a huge challenge.

My favourite episode is The Girl In The Fireplace (written by Mr Moffatt, natch). For me, it sums up the ultimate joy and the ultimate sadness of being a timelord.

EDIT: I watched the repeat of the xmas one earlier, and though I stand by what I said about there being no plot, viewed as a TV spectacle, it was very impressive. I'm hoping the production of the last show will be slightly less melodramatic though.

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Fri 01 Jan, 2010 4:20 PM Quote
Im so not looking forward to this episode....and the new guy they got to play the Doctor--WTF, he looks depressing!
Blink was an awesome episode, as was Girl in the Fireplace, Shakespeare Code was good--mainly cause of the inclusion of Harry Potter!!lol.
Man, I'm just going to miss David!!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Fri 01 Jan, 2010 8:23 PM Quote
Ok, I've just about stopped crying :-P

What an awesome episode!! But I'm sad to see David Tennant go :-(

mili
mili Posted Fri 01 Jan, 2010 8:48 PM Quote

I just spent about a week in Yorkshire, and unfortunately got sick of seeing his face everywhere. But that's just me, I know.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Fri 01 Jan, 2010 9:01 PM Quote
mili wrote:

I just spent about a week in Yorkshire, and unfortunately got sick of seeing his face everywhere. But that's just me, I know.

He was in Yorkshire, and I didn't know about it?! :-P

Nah, I know what you mean - he's been on TV 75 times over Christmas, but it's not his fault is it? The telly schedulers are to blame (plus, I don't care, cos he's lovely :D)
Did anyone see his stint on Never Mind the Buzzcocks? I actually enjoyed the show for the first time since Mark Lamarr left! He seemed genuinely seemed to be having a great time presenting.
Oh, and he and Catherine Tate were funny on Radio 2, Boxing Day.

And I agree, The Girl In The Fireplace is probably my fave too - it was a simple story, it didn't have many special effects and it worked well. Good casting in that ep.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 9:33 PM Quote
So it's over. And what a stormer of a show it was. Perfectly weighted, personal conflict poised alongside intergalactic disaster. It was the human side of the Doctor that Russell T Davies excelled at, and once again the story couldn't have been more real. The Russell T Davies era was gently bid farewell, leaving the door wide open for Matt Smith's Doctor, and if he is even a half-decent actor then Steven's Moffat's rein should be incredible. Farewell David Tennant, you were brilliant.

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Sun 03 Jan, 2010 4:06 AM Quote
DAVIIIID NOOoooooO!
I just saw it....stupid old guy kept making me cry! Im such a baby when I know no one is watching me...lol. Man, Ill miss him as the doctor

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:43 PM