Travis

Re: Twilight New Moon
lilly
lilly Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 4:09 PM Quote
they did WHAT? oh dear...

BTW, I still don't get that whole Robert Pattinson hype. So not good-looking.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 4:19 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

She is pathetic and it makes you frustrated but stick with them, they do get better. Bella's character at times made me want to shake her and tell her to get a life, esp in New Moon. She's just too doom and gloom but I guess the author was trying to capture teenage angst at lost love but maannnnnnnnnn :-(

I did read all of them Wends (they are addictive, no doubt about it;). For me they don't get any better. And the last one was ewwww, weird much?!

barby
barby Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 10:40 PM Quote
I went to watch it yesterday evening with a friend of mine. We were 5 persons at the cinema :P

I have to say I felt very sad! I don't know, I think the film was a little bit depressive. Poor Bella. My friend was hoping for the Jacob's momment jaja.

I didn't like the end of the film!

Days ago I read a review in a newspaper and they gave to the film 1 point, so I went to watch without big expectations, but I liked it. :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 28 Nov, 2009 4:30 AM Quote
lilly wrote:

Ahhhh...I love him. Both as Robert/Edward.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 28 Nov, 2009 4:51 AM Quote
lilly wrote:
they did WHAT? oh dear...

I saw the movie yesterday. I don't get the Robert Pattinson hype either. In my opinion, he's not that great of an actor. I get tired of watching him scrunch up his face with a pained/constipated look every time he talks. And also how he clenches his jaw when he talks. But aside from that, I thought New Moon was WAY better than Twilight.

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Sat 28 Nov, 2009 7:07 AM Quote
I must say again I loved it and Robert/ Edward. Actually all the "Cullens" are quite easy on the eye. I too find myself checkin out Dr. Cullen (he is delish) and Emmet... Well I won't go there. I loved each of the books and oddly enough I liked the darker side of New Moon. I found it quite liberating to relate and know everyone goes through a breakup phase. Not quite as drastic as Bella or her situation but to feel that pain and to find the silver lining. I took my neices Wednesday and they loved it! Jacob always gets quite the reaction from the crowd and I find it hilarious. As far as the last book goes it started off wonderful (and I totally love the series) but it ended up leaving me dissapointed, it was vague, and sometimes too much! I found myself hating it toward the end, the love and protection was waaaaay too much even for them. I still love the books though and cannot wait to see how they develop on screen. I just hope in the end the cheesy protection dies down and gets to more action.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Nov, 2009 1:25 PM Quote

I really like the guy playing Jasper or his role at least.

The movie was tooooo dramatic imho. There's drama everywhere. I read the books, and at least there she "smiled" once in a while - but still. Even when she was together with Edward, even before she was in any danger - she never smiles (f.i.: the picture-taking-scene). Which kinda jars on my nerves...

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 29 Nov, 2009 1:09 PM Quote
I'm ashamed to say, I went to see it twice. But only for Michael Sheen (Aro)! He's my favourite actor, I love him so much.

I've never been much a fan of the books, the movies are ok I suppose. I'm very impressed with the soundtrack actually.

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 29 Nov, 2009 6:38 PM Quote
MICHAEL SHEEN is in this one?

oh dear.

He will be "Tony Blair" for me forever and ever ;D

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 29 Nov, 2009 10:31 PM Quote
He's such a versatile actor though, cos I first saw him as Tony Blair and then I watched Underworld and it's like "whoa! He's sexy"

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 30 Nov, 2009 9:35 AM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
He's such a versatile actor though, cos I first saw him as Tony Blair and then I watched Underworld and it's like "whoa! He's sexy"

ahem, *cough*, I thought he was quite sexy when he played Tony Blair, too *blushes* ;D

I saw him in Frost/Nixon and I think he was awesome in that one, but I still found myself thinking "why would Blair want to interview Nixon?" from time to time *LOL*

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 30 Nov, 2009 6:20 PM Quote
Just finished reading Breaking Dawn last night and was a bit "meh", "woah", "huh"!!! Will be interesting to see how they do this in the final film???

What are your thoughts?

=D

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 30 Nov, 2009 7:42 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
Just finished reading Breaking Dawn last night and was a bit "meh", "woah", "huh"!!! Will be interesting to see how they do this in the final film???

What are your thoughts?

=D

hahaha, that was pretty much my reaction to that one.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 30 Nov, 2009 9:15 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
fenchurch wrote:

ahem, *cough*, I thought he was quite sexy when he played Tony Blair, too *blushes* ;D

I saw him in Frost/Nixon and I think he was awesome in that one, but I still found myself thinking "why would Blair want to interview Nixon?" from time to time *LOL*

Yeah, I'm pretty much in love with him in everything now. Still have to see Frost/Nixon though.

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Tue 01 Dec, 2009 5:59 AM Quote
It will be interesting to see how they get around all the gruesome stuff. In New Moon I was dissapointed that some of the scenes were cut out. I am pretty sure for the last film they will pretty much skip her "change" the other "change" and probably skip explaning about imprinting. I still don't get it. I think its creepy but I too think it will be cool to see how it plays out. I hope they don't ruin it lol.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:12 PM