Travis

Re: UPDATED: Unsecret Santa Christmas Exchange - REMINDER
lilly
lilly Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 12:08 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

I think I was unspecific enough to hide the exact nature of the contents... :) Just write 'candy' instead of 'filled chocolates' or 'cosmetics' instead of 'chanel no. 5' etc. Not that I think anyone will get the latter, but you get the general idea :)

you're right of course ;) - although I've head some unpleasant encounters with people working at post offices. some of them seem to be very much into the "be specific" kind of thing...

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 12:11 PM Quote
Anne sent out my present on Tuesday - yaaaay! - I'm so excited! :D I really really should hand the box to my mum when it arrives, and make her hide it from me until Christmas Eve *siiigh*.

mili
mili Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 8:38 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Hanne wrote:

I think I was unspecific enough to hide the exact nature of the contents... :) Just write 'candy' instead of 'filled chocolates' or 'cosmetics' instead of 'chanel no. 5' etc. Not that I think anyone will get the latter, but you get the general idea :)

you're right of course ;) - although I've head some unpleasant encounters with people working at post offices. some of them seem to be very much into the "be specific" kind of thing...

The lady at the post office looked at my scribblings and said something like "hope they can read it, you know the customs can open the parcel if they think it's necessary". Anyway, Kayte's parcel is on its way, fingers crossed for a safe and unopened delivery!

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 8:51 PM Quote
mili wrote:

The lady at the post office looked at my scribblings and said something like "hope they can read it, you know the customs can open the parcel if they think it's necessary". Anyway, Kayte's parcel is on its way, fingers crossed for a safe and unopened delivery!

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that none of our parcels is opened by customs!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 9:15 PM Quote
I wonder if me and Hannah will get in touch before christmas :P

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 9:30 PM Quote
Right, I'm getting my backside in gear and going shopping tomorrow! Sorry it's taken me so long Ale- college has been piling on the work again.

Anyway, I should get it out to you by the end of next week at the latest :-)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 9:48 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
mili wrote:

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that none of our parcels is opened by customs!

Yayyy! I'll be sending yours on Monday!

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 9:52 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

well it would really help if you ANSWERED her messages ;P
she's on Facebook, too, you know ;P

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 10:20 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I've answered her messages, I did so a week ago now :P

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 10:37 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

oh great and noe SHE is not answering YOUR messages? *sigh*

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 11:31 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

oh great and noe SHE is not answering YOUR messages? *sigh*

Nope maybe she lost faith in me when I didn't answer before and now ignores me :(

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 28 Nov, 2009 1:00 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Moray wrote:

juli - the chicken has flown the coup. I repeat the eagle is in the air. We have lift off. Oh and your secret Santa gift was posted today at lnchtime. I really hope it arrives safely

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a parcel for Juli! :)

Lol! Yay!! I hope it arrives soon! :o)
Your parcel left the country on Wednesday, so whatever happened after that, I know nothing about. I really hope it arrives! I could give you the code to see if you can track it down there, but I hope that won't be necessary. I'll only freak out if it doesn't arrive sometime next week.

The person at the post office was very annoying with that customs label thing and I had to be quite specific. :o/

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 28 Nov, 2009 4:47 AM Quote
Well, I still haven't heard anything from my partner. I've tracked her down on facebook and sent her a friend request. I pm'd her and left a message on her profile. I don't know what else to do. She has been logging on to the board because I can tell by her profile. I don't think people should sign up for these exchanges is they're not going to participate.

Alex, if you don't hear from your partner in the next week and I don't hear from mine, I'll send you a package:)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 28 Nov, 2009 1:01 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Well, I still haven't heard anything from my partner. I've tracked her down on facebook and sent her a friend request. I pm'd her and left a message on her profile. I don't know what else to do. She has been logging on to the board because I can tell by her profile. I don't think people should sign up for these exchanges is they're not going to participate.

Alex, if you don't hear from your partner in the next week and I don't hear from mine, I'll send you a package:)

I'll wait until next weekend, cause I was the one who was slow in replying in the first place, but if both of us haven't heard anything by then maybe we can PM each other and decide something?

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Nov, 2009 1:22 PM Quote

@Mer,
So I gathered all the things I need for the present but I've been sick with the flu since wednesday, so it'll take me a while til it's done. But soooon....

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:12 PM