Travis

Re: UPDATED: Unsecret Santa Christmas Exchange - REMINDER
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2009 11:13 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
I sent my parcel off today... I wonder how long it'll take to get to Canada?

ya! no idea on time. Fingers crossed, mine will be done and wrapped tonight and in the mail in the next day or 2!

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2009 11:57 PM Quote
FINALLY DONE! Woo-hoo
Dear Wends, my parcel is on its way :D

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 26 Nov, 2009 11:47 AM Quote
Btw, when can we open the presents? When we get them or do we have to wait until a specific date?

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 26 Nov, 2009 12:08 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Btw, when can we open the presents? When we get them or do we have to wait until a specific date?

*racedtoherwardrobetochangeintoherelfclothes*
*panting*

Guys...

This is A CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE!!!

we open the presents at C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S, which means

24st DECEMBER (Christmas Eve) will be the EARLIEST POSSIBLE TIME TO OPEN YOUR SANTA PRESSIE!!!!!*

If you want to wait until the 25th or even until 6th January or whatever, you can do that of course ;-)

If you open it before Christmas Eve, it will disappear. Yep. My mum sneaked a peek at her Christmas pressie when she was 6, and it was gone on Christmas Eve!!!!

Yours omnisciently (we're WATCHING you! ;P),

the unsecret elf *gasping for air*

-----
* The one and ONLY exception goes for extra, non-wrapped stuff your Santa might be sending you with a specific "this is not a Christmas present" note attached to it.
-----
P.S.: An extra thread concerning opening-time will appear on the board in December!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 26 Nov, 2009 12:23 PM Quote
*waiting for Hannah to PM me*

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 26 Nov, 2009 1:10 PM Quote
Yeaaahhhhhhhh :)

Exactly Santa's lil helper elf thing - we have to wait until Christmas and we must post a pic of us in our pj's with our lovely Crimbo gifts!!! hahaha

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 26 Nov, 2009 1:14 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Exactly Santa's lil helper elf thing - we have to wait until Christmas and we must post a pic of us in our pj's with our lovely Crimbo gifts!!! hahaha

The "pj's" part is optional, right? :oP

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 26 Nov, 2009 1:34 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Peewee wrote:

The "pj's" part is optional, right? :oP

I'm not wearing pj's on Christmas Eve *rofl*
we could all wear our most "Christmas-sy" items of clothing ;P (Thank God elf-clothes make me invisible on photos ;P)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Thu 26 Nov, 2009 10:09 PM Quote
Today I went to the Post Office :) Melissa's parcel is on its way to Kentucky!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 12:42 AM Quote
mine is alllll ready to go.
Hanne, the outside looks a little funky. I tired to use a weird piece of brown packing paper, but it's pretty and christmas wrapped underneath.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 5:57 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
mine is alllll ready to go.
Hanne, the outside looks a little funky. I tired to use a weird piece of brown packing paper, but it's pretty and christmas wrapped underneath.

:D Can't wait to get it! Now I only have to keep my hands off it until Christmas. I probably won't even be able to open before the 27th cos I have so many presents for other people to carry with me on the train, I probably shouldn't start bringing pressies for myself too :P

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 10:41 AM Quote
just one more thing:

most of you will have to fill in a detailled form for customs, saying exactly what's in the parcel you're sending out.

So, could everyone just IGNORE that information when your presents arrive? (i.e. DON'T read what's written on the customs label thingy on the parcels). Otherwise you'd know what's in the box and I doooon't know if this counts as "sneaking a peek" or not, but we'd better be careful ;)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 11:43 AM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
just one more thing:

most of you will have to fill in a detailled form for customs, saying exactly what's in the parcel you're sending out.

So, could everyone just IGNORE that information when your presents arrive? (i.e. DON'T read what's written on the customs label thingy on the parcels). Otherwise you'd know what's in the box and I doooon't know if this counts as "sneaking a peek" or not, but we'd better be careful ;)

I think I was unspecific enough to hide the exact nature of the contents... :) Just write 'candy' instead of 'filled chocolates' or 'cosmetics' instead of 'chanel no. 5' etc. Not that I think anyone will get the latter, but you get the general idea :)

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 11:46 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Moray's package is on its way too! :o)

juli - the chicken has flown the coup. I repeat the eagle is in the air. We have lift off. Oh and your secret Santa gift was posted today at lnchtime. I really hope it arrives safely

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 11:58 AM Quote
Moray wrote:

juli - the chicken has flown the coup. I repeat the eagle is in the air. We have lift off. Oh and your secret Santa gift was posted today at lnchtime. I really hope it arrives safely

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a parcel for Juli! :)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:25 AM