Travis

Xmas shopping
AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 5:51 PM Quote
Haven't started and need stuff for my nephew 13 and my niece 12.

How about you ?

Re: Xmas shopping
lilly
lilly Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 6:03 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Haven't started and stuff for my nephew 13 and my niece 12.

How about you ?

I don't need to buy many presents this year, just two for my cousins (one will get a Danny Wallace book, and for the other one I'll buy some stuff for her drawing classes) AND something for my MUM, of course. NO idea what to get her. Oh, and probably one for a friend who always buys sth for me, even though we decided not to give each other Christmas presents years ago...

Oh, PLUS the secret santa present for Anne (I have a LONG list of things and a 10€ budget, so I'm doomed *lol*)

I'm going to wait until December so I can have the full Christmas-shopping experience ;D

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 6:10 PM Quote
I've bought a couple of things, but not much. I try to do a lot of shopping online, rather than going to stores. I hate stores.

I bought Mili's present. :o) I am making something to go with it.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 6:12 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I've bought a couple of things, but not much. I try to do a lot of shopping online, rather than going to stores. I hate stores.

I bought Mili's present. :o) I am making something to go with it.

No trip to Ikea then...

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 7:24 PM Quote
i bought my one year old cousin a gift...ordered a 'twilight' tote bag for my 15yr old cousin...got things in my amazon cart i have to order but that's not gonna happen until next month...so in theory i'm almost done?? ;)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 7:39 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
i bought my one year old cousin a gift...ordered a 'twilight' tote bag for my 15yr old cousin...got things in my amazon cart i have to order but that's not gonna happen until next month...so in theory i'm almost done?? ;)

and nothing for Ric ?

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 7:48 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

You know you're dying to go back to Wallmart....

I've got to go back to the UK this weekend so I'll probably be getting some pressies and delivering them whilst I'm there - it saves having to pay twice as much for the postage as you do for the gift :-S

Fréd, what about something music or sports orientated ?? I often get them vouchers at that age - I find it's the only age which takes all the fun out of offering a gift!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 8:09 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

Fréd, what about something music or sports orientated ?? I often get them vouchers at that age - I find it's the only age which takes all the fun out of offering a gift!

Good idea.
I think my niece will be happy with a Sephora voucher ; last year she saved money to purchase a Calvin Klein watch.
My nephew will be getting books - he loves reading.

Happy shopping in England btw.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 18 Nov, 2009 5:54 PM Quote
I have started.

I got all the sweets/chocolates and biscuits type gifts out of the way (which is ALOT) and got my 16 month old Great Nephew (Fisher Price Car Garage thing).

Still have my main presents to get but not going too mad this year and want to wait until Dec and I go about the Christmas Market and shops in Belfast. A shopping Trip will be arranged - one on my own, then one with friends to window shop and soak up the atmosphere! :D

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 18 Nov, 2009 6:18 PM Quote
I was at this upscale grocery store this morning and they had a Christmas food gift section. I was looking thinking maybe I'd get something for Lily and guess what? The majority of it was German. I was laughing so hard thinking about sending her German stuff from Texas.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 18 Nov, 2009 6:34 PM Quote
ok i officially ordered from amazon...

burn notice season 1 (for bff jenny), chuck season 1 (for mom), moonlight complete series (which only last 1 season anyway) for my sis
...and i also picked up a full/queen size gray down comforter for meself $40.00 on amazon deal of the day!! score!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 18 Nov, 2009 6:48 PM Quote
I've started. Placed an Amazon and Etsy order last night, picked up a few things. But compared to most years Im way behind.

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 18 Nov, 2009 8:43 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I was at this upscale grocery store this morning and they had a Christmas food gift section. I was looking thinking maybe I'd get something for Lily and guess what? The majority of it was German. I was laughing so hard thinking about sending her German stuff from Texas.

ROFL!!
what kind of stuff do they sell there? Stollen and Lebkuchen? that'd be sth you could ship and store easily, I guess :D *munching on a chocolate-covered Lebkuchen*

BTW, Anne, do you WANT "German Christmas food" in your Santa-box? Because if you can get everything you could possibly wish for at that upscale store, I'll focus on my list of non-edible items and things US-stores can't possibly want to sell :D

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 21 Nov, 2009 2:53 PM Quote
https://shanalogic.com/item_images/1640_shana_heart_full.jpg

Just ordered one of these and two similar concepts with different colors for some teenagers in the family. With the coupon code isupportartists I saved 15% (since my order was over $50)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Sun 22 Nov, 2009 5:39 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
https://shanalogic.com/item_images/1640_shana_heart_full.jpg

Just ordered one of these and two similar concepts with different colors for some teenagers in the family. With the coupon code isupportartists I saved 15% (since my order was over $50)

Are these filled with drugs ?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:29 AM