Travis

Austin Show
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 11:09 AM Quote
HOLY CRAP. I just made it back home (almost 5:00am here), and I could not wait to post the setlist. I thought the Dallas show was amazing, but WOWOWOWOW! I'll post more about it in a few hours when I'm at work (yes, I do have to go in to work today.)
Okay, get ready to drool over this setlist:

City in the Rain
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Turn
As You Are
Writing to Reach You
Why Does It Always Rain on Me
Slideshow
Flowers In The Window
Driftwood
We Are Monkeys
Sing
Follow The Light
Love Will Come Through
Closer
My Eyes
Out In Space
Chinese Blues
Before You Were Young
As It Comes (don't worry...Anne and I discussed this a little, and we'll let you know about it!)
-------------
Ancient Train
Standing On My Own
Coming Around

That was 23 songs, and yes, you read that correctly...Ancient Train sung by the wonderfully talented, Mr. Andy Dunlop! And yes, we do have video! So stay tuned!!

Now I'm off to bed because I'm sooo exhausted...but first, I just wanted to say thanks to Fran & Andy for such an amazing show--totally made it worth the trip!

Re: Austin Show
deebee
deebee Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 11:52 AM Quote
OMG that's amazing Sandy! I love these very unusual setlists - it makes such a change from the "classics" so often played. What I wouldn't give to hear Andy sing *sighs*
Hope work's not too tough but it was probably well worth the tiredness!!!!

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 12:27 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
[...]
As It Comes (don't worry...Anne and I discussed this a little, and we'll let you know about it!)

[...]
That was 23 songs, and yes, you read that correctly...Ancient Train sung by the wonderfully talented, Mr. Andy Dunlop! And yes, we do have video! So stay tuned!!
[...]

Sandy!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to share the setlist with us ;) It's beyond amazing, I have no words to describe how good it felt to see the words "Ancient Train" in your post and to know that you have it on video, OMG!! Can't wait!! I'm so so happy they listened to the requests :D

Also, Follow the light and Standing on my own, We are monkeys and City in the rain... so cool!!

It's great that you have discussed on what to say about As it comes (I was afraid they would keep playing Holiday instead), I'll definitely stay tuned!

I hope work is not too demanding today, though that show makes it all worthwhile!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 12:55 PM Quote
Im glad you girls had such an amazing cross Texas Frandy roadtrip! But now it is over, so share Frandy will the rest of us.
It always amazes me what Annie can persuade people to do. Apperently, even without petting!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 1:21 PM Quote
Incredible.

Without even mentioning Follow The Light, We Are Monkeys, City In The Rain, Coming Around, As It Comes and Standing On My Own (ok, guess I just did)......

The fact Andy was prepared to sing live makes these Frandy shows more special and unique than we all thought.

It's official: request ANYTHING!
Afterglow!!!!!!!!!!

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 1:25 PM Quote
amazing setlist

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 2:43 PM Quote
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW pretty much sums up last night. When the second song they played was City in the Rain I was fairly certain the night was going to be full of surprises.

I'll post more thoughts later but let me start with Ancient Train. Sweet Sandy gave me a bunch of b sides the very first time we met and that was one of their first b sides I really got hooked on. First it's Andy singing so it's different but I love the lyrics- the sudden switch from little boy to ancient train and the overall feeling of a chugga-chugga-choo-choo train. (I can't believe I just typed that but it helps with the rhythmical feeling I'm poorly trying to describe)

I first had Meridith plant the seed in LA because I wanted to know that if he didn't do it it wasn't a "oh I totally would but I didn't prepare that one." He apparently groaned/laughed and said he would try but no promises. Then in Dallas I told him I was the one who had someone in LA ask him about it. He said he would practice it and wrote something on his hand (I'm presuming he wrote "practice Ancient Train so this girl leaves me alone") He said he didn't remember how it went and didn't promise anything.

And then....he did it.

He was clearly outside his comfort zone which made it even more special since I feel such joy seeing people try new and different things that make them nervous. There is a beauty in that sort of bravery.

(sorry to get slightly mushy philosophical but it truly touches me)

After the show I tried to thank him as sincerely and profusely as I could. I hope he knows that I totally get what a treat he gave us last night. He said he had fun but he wasn't doing it again!

I grabbed a set list and it wasn't on there but when we said hi Andy added it to the list and wrote "it was fun!"

Andy singing live in a church????

Leapin' lizards!!!!!!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 2:55 PM Quote
So happy for you, Anne! Your powers of persuasion are astonishing.

Fabulous set list. I can't wait until Ferndale!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 3:38 PM Quote
I'm not even going to these shows and I get all nervous and excited when reading about them! Seems like the shows are getting better and better, this setlist is AMAZING! Do you know how lucky you guys are to have seen the only gig where Ancient Train was played?

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 3:43 PM Quote
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow what a setlist! I'm so so happy that Andy sang Ancient Train for you! That just goes to show that just because they haven't done something before doesn't mean they won't. ANYTHING is possible. :) Sounds like another incredible night from our beloved Scotsmen!

Thanks for sharing!

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 4:33 PM Quote
WOW!! Amazing setlist!!

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 5:06 PM Quote
Crikey!!!!!!!
As time goes by I'm increasingly in awe of Mr Dunlop and his many hidden talents. Good one Andy. Hope you have as much fun if not more for the rest of the tour.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 5:10 PM Quote
Awww that is so sweet of Andy! What a great story Anne!

And at the risk of being repetitive.... WOW at the setlist!!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 5:18 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Do you know how lucky you guys are to have seen the only gig where Ancient Train was played?

I certainly get that we were given a once in a Travis lifetime gift last night.

Another great thing, the church had a lovely grand piano so when Andy played on a few songs (including the new one) it was a lovely rich sound.

In Dallas he played on this teeny tiny keyboard. It sounded good but it was such a wussy looking thing.

I WILL get pics up later but am at work and can't do it right now.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 5:23 PM Quote
OOOOMMMMMGGGGG!
what can I say?
what can we (people outside US/Canada)say ?
These shows are getting better and better (and our frustration higher haha)

City in the rain??? Follow the light???
AWWW I'm dying!!!

weirdmom wrote:
After the show I tried to thank him as sincerely and profusely as I could. I hope he knows that I totally get what a treat he gave us last night. He said he had fun but he wasn't doing it again!

Awwwwwww!!!
LUCKY PEOPLE! thanks so so so much for recording it!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:15 AM