Travis

Your best Travis memory?
MsFatRat
MsFatRat Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:00 PM Quote
Hellouiii everyone;)

I just wonder (as always XP), what is your best Travis memory (or memories)?

My best memory of Travis is a couple of years ago when me and my family drove down to Oslo visit some family, and it usually took two days to drive. And my Dad had bought The Invisible Band, and when it got dark we always put on this cd to listen to. God I love that album.
That CD always reminds me about that holyday. It was that year I became a Travismaina.... haha!

And of course my first Travis gig! Even I can’t remember a thing. Just that my sister and me went mental. Haha.. I can remember Fran and Andy looking at us and smiling. (As I said we went totally mental XD) The best day in my LIFE!

Cheers ^^

Re: Your best Travis memory?
nadine-25
nadine-25 Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:47 PM Quote
Very interesting subject! Very tender and touching! Because our memories are very special and unique theme, especially when it's connected with the world of emotions and feelings. And the music is one of those things that are impossible to forget!

leticia
leticia Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 11:41 PM Quote
When I met them in Newcastle... best night of my life (until now). And of course, my first gig, here in Argentina... I fell in love with their music (and all of them) all over again.

*sighs*

Nice thread!!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 12:08 AM Quote
The first time i saw them live, when they played Writing To Reach You.

They came out and played Eyes Wide Open. I had been a fan for about 7 years, so i had those emotions running around my brain and they were performing a song i'd never heard before (it was a couple of months before the album came out). So it felt weird that i was seeing Travis and yet didn't know the song. Somehow didn't seem like Travis.

When they started the second song, Writing To Reach You, it hit me! I was seeing Travis!!! I'll never forget that moment. :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 1:59 AM Quote
I think my best Travis moment was the excitement build up to Neil drumming HTHA at the 12 Memory Gigs and the way it then just opened up with white flashing lights. Hey that was me back in a Grotto ! The Travis Glow was at its best.I was so mesmerised I went home and booked as many gigs as I could go and see! ahhh *sighs* memories : )

edit : I'll always remember those first
opening notes as being so special.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 2:50 AM Quote
before november 2008, my best Travis memory were all those raining afternoons, living at Cajamarca, a gorgeous andean city at northern Peru, by that time I listened and listened TIB, over and over again ...but now, after meet them, I would say: the precise moment when Fran and Dougie came out, crossed the airport gates and saw them, was incredibly surreal... 9 years following their career and, finally, they were just in a few feets in front of me... surreal *sighs*

BenFilbert wrote:
...When they started the second song, Writing To Reach You, it hit me! I was seeing Travis!!! I'll never forget that moment. :)

"it hit me!"
awwww! love it!

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 3:09 AM Quote
My best memory of a Travis gig would have to be seeing them @ the Vic in Chicago in 2007. They were doing the "Rocky" entrance, kicked the whole thing off with "Selfish Jean", played requests from the audience like "She's So Strange" and were over the top amazing. (Okay, they're ALWAYS amazing, but this was an extra fantastic gig.) It also didn't hurt that I got to shake Mr. Healy's hand at the end of it all.

My best Travis memory that isn't a live show relates to my brother's wedding from July just a few months ago. My brother's first encounter with Travis was taking a road trip with me and driving over 1,400 miles to see them. Despite his incredibly kind gesture as a big bro, I never thought he was that into Travis. . .then a week before his wedding, he was showing me the slide show that had been prepared for their reception. What song started to play about half way through it? TURN! :) I squealed with delight and he informed me that he LOVED the song and that it was going to be included as part of he and his bride's special day.

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 3:38 AM Quote

Think my best Travis memory was the short talk to Dougie on stage during a gig in CH.

Or meeting the boys afterwards - cos that was really my high time! I think I never felt that lucky before.

Of course you won't forget the first gig you've seen of them - ever - but I think the best one I've seen was at the Caribana Festival. People were chilled, me and Brandon in first row - and not sooooo many people - 1000 maybe - not more. It was really easy going - just a bit short -and no B-sides. But hey :)

There was some energy going on - and they had a great perfomance. With very spontaneous actions as well -which I always like!

julietravisaddict
julietravisaddict Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 11:14 AM Quote
My 1st gig in Paris in 2007 was nice but I came with a friend who is not a fan as I can be and I didn't want to force him in my "frenzy". However, the February 2009 gig was AMAZING because this time, I met many boardies and that was so nice to live this moment with people who feel the same as you! The gig was tremendous. That is my best memory at the moment, and meeting the guys was awesome, they're so kind, they just rock :)

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 11:18 AM Quote
talking to Fran
i thought of that this morning

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 7:10 PM Quote
Bilbao 2008. When we got to the place the concert was and we could hear the soundcheck. It was pretty cool and it was extra special because they played some songs they didn't play later that night.

cornflakes
cornflakes Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 9:01 PM Quote
very good question :-)

er.. well ,many..
maybe when Fran talked to us after the gig in 2007 in Paris and that suddenly we realized we didn't understand everything he was saying because of his lovely accent..and we fell a bit ashamed to make him repeat haha :-)

lovely souvenir too because he was patient with an amazing smile repeating us everything twice and telling us that it wasn't a problem because himself didn't know speaking french :-)

a very very lovely man :-) and a sweet souvenir :-)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 23 Sep, 2009 12:12 AM Quote
I've never met them but have two other points:

When Fran forgot the words to My Eyes at the first Travis gig I was at. I'd witnessed something unique!

Making eye contact with Dougie when he was stood a few yards away at the intimate Ode preview shows. See also: being mesmerised by Dougie's hips. Maybe it was a warning look, it's hard to tell because all of Dougie's expressions seem to be underlined by some kind of suggestiveness ;)

MsFatRat
MsFatRat Posted Wed 23 Sep, 2009 2:39 PM Quote
You all have so many nice memories, thanks a lot for sharing them with us.
And many of you have met them, you’re so lucky! They sound really nice. =D and I’m really jealous, I hope someday I’m going to meet. That would be soooooooo cool =D
Thanks again for shearing=D

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 23 Sep, 2009 6:10 PM Quote
My best memory was when I got to meet them in the backstage (plus I didn't know how I got it), and when the door opened they were there and they were moving, they weren't pictures, were real!! xD (it was like when I first saw a Red Telephone Box or the Eiffel Tower. Fortunately, those didn't move haha :P)
And the day after my first Travis gig (yesterday just two years ago), when I started to listen their music, and when I felt I had found the best band ever :)

These have been the two best days of my life ^.^

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:40 AM