Travis

Re: Who on here has kids that love Travis?!
cornax
cornax Posted Tue 18 Aug, 2009 4:02 PM Quote
Ha! That reminds me of the line Fran used when exhorting the crowd to do the pogo. "If you think you're too cool to pogo, well you're at a Travis gig so you've already checked cool at the door."

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 18 Aug, 2009 4:03 PM Quote
My 15 year old.....nah I don't have any kids, but I've converted my mother into both Travis and Coldplay-fans :P
My mother loves Flowers In The Window and The Cage. Also my father has called Tail Of The Tiger and City In The Rain "epic" :)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 18 Aug, 2009 9:30 PM Quote
My 7 year old daughter loves Travis. Of course we've been exposing her to them since she was a wee little one. I'll often find her singing their songs while going about her day and she'll sing along when we are playing them. She was sorely disappointed when she couldn't come with us to see them when they were here in April.

The best was when I overheard her talking with her friend when she was 5. She asked her friend if she knew who Travis was. Her friend didn't and my daughter proceeded to tell her that "Well Travis is just the best band ever!" It was a proud moment for me.

genia_gvan
genia_gvan Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 7:12 AM Quote
Well, I have no kids; but my little brother started listening Travis songs because of me!! now each time he listen Selfish Jean, or Closer, Eyes Wide Open or Something anything he sings and dance. (In fact, he has a Selfish Jean t-shirt).

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 7:26 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I came back in and told her mom she needed to buy some Travis albums.

Is this the same one who you showed the video of Dougie's hips to?

joss
joss Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 12:02 PM Quote
Me! I am 15 years old.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 3:28 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I came back in and told her mom she needed to buy some Travis albums.

Is this the same one who you showed the video of Dougie's hips to?

No, different friend. But the one who I showed the video to is coming to the show in October.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 9:49 PM Quote
My 4 year old likes Travis and does a fantastic job of singing along. Sad to say though, the kid prefers Lady Gaga at this point.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:07 PM Quote
me? no (I'm pretty sure they'll do) but I have a 1 year old nephew who loves "My eyes"

Meridith wrote:
The best was when I overheard her talking with her friend when she was 5. She asked her friend if she knew who Travis was. Her friend didn't and my daughter proceeded to tell her that "Well Travis is just the best band ever!" It was a proud moment for me.

awww! lovely girl
definitely was a proud moment

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:58 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Sad to say though, the kid prefers Lady Gaga at this point.

Please tell me you don't let him say the line "I'm bluffin' with my muffin."

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 12:13 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:
Sad to say though, the kid prefers Lady Gaga at this point.

Please tell me you don't let him say the line "I'm bluffin' with my muffin."

LOL! He only sings the chorus, in his own way of course. He says "carry my, carry my, i can't believe my pokerface, she's got the weemo body". I do listen to the song with my boogerface just to hear his interpretation :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 3:19 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
My "little" brother is like your kid, Ric. He's 17 and he won't admit he likes Travis but I've seen he has several Travis songs on his MP4. And he never told me anything about it... borrowing my Travis CDs would have meant admitting I was right :oP.
If Travis ever comes back to Argentina, I'm confident I could convince him to come with me ;o).

I don't have any kids or brothers or sisters, but my friends (except one) are exactly like your brother, Juli. One of them says she has her computer full of their songs because of a "Travis virus" xD

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:51 PM