Travis

Walking In The Sun (Sweded)
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 4:00 AM Quote
Hey everyone! My vacations are almost over but it's becoming a tradition for me (I think) to came up with a video or something related to our favourite band: Travis. This time I decided to make a sweded video of Walking In The Sun. "Sweded you said?" you might think... Well if you haven't seen the film Be Kind Rewind by Michel Gondry you won't be able to understand it, but if you have seen it already you know what I'm talking about.

Ok, for those of you who haven't seen it is about a guy who gets his brain magnetize on a power plant and when he gets in to a video store (the last one that still has VHS titles) erases all the tapes. So, he and his friend (the employee of the store) decide to "swede" the films, that is to shoot them with a very low budget, non-professional actors, and special effect to laugh out loud. The "swede" thing is because they said that they order the tapes from Sweden (maybe Alex can gets us a few of those ;oP). HERE and example of the "sweding".

So, that was pretty much what myself, my brother Alejandro (HumptyDumptyMexico) and Fabiola (killer queen) did. We only hope this is not prohibited or anything - we don't want to get a lawsuit *effing nervous* xD

Also I want to apologize about my poor and terrible performance (I know I suck at acting xD), but I was not supposed to be Fran... In fact we were not supposed to be three people, but in the end we were only that number... My brother didn't want to be Fran, neither Fabiola, so since it was all my idea I had to be Fran xD. I didn't want to because I'm way too shy and I can't act properly... well, you'll see that on the video xD.

Ok, here's Walking In The Sun sweded. Thanks for watching! And have a laugh! ;oP

Alma xx

P.S. Check out our "special effects" tee hee xD.

Re: Walking In The Sun (Sweded)
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 5:00 AM Quote
Well done Alma! Hahaha, I loved the special effects. Especially the mini car crash. What was that blue thing that was supposed to be shocking you? It was great! I hope you guys decide to "swede" more videos.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 6:14 AM Quote
Thank you Lindsay! The blue thing super power is no other than rolled crepe paper with some shreds of foil, we tied a lace at the end of it, and then we just pulled it out of my brother's arm :o). Easy thing! ;o)

tonybony
tonybony Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 8:50 AM Quote
alma les kedó bien rifadisisisimisisimo el video :P feliidades, me gustó que tu fueras la protagonista, esta muy muy bueno y muy creativo :D

MsFatRat
MsFatRat Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 11:17 AM Quote
oh.. that was really good, I love it =D
I had a good laugh too.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 3:35 PM Quote
I agree, the special effects were smashing! Great job, Alma. I bet you had a lot of fun making it.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 5:10 PM Quote
Thank you! :o)

Yes, Kayte, it was super fun making it :oD.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 5:46 PM Quote
HAHAHA!

Great Alma. Excellent video!

I loved the special effects haha. So much fun. Thanks, it made my morning :D

killer queen
killer queen Posted Sat 08 Aug, 2009 2:39 AM Quote
Holly Christ!! I'm there!!

hahaha, it was very very funny!!! (but was wrong with me and the balloon??)

do we have a "making of"??? by the way... hahaha

DiLaRa
DiLaRa Posted Sat 08 Aug, 2009 2:48 PM Quote
It's a very funny video xD

I like it :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 08 Aug, 2009 6:22 PM Quote
I just saw it, it's brilliant!!! I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying! xDDD
You guys are genious!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 2:58 AM Quote
Thank you again guys!

Fabiola, we have almost 1 hour of footage so maybe I can do the editing for a "making of" ;o).

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 3:19 AM Quote
Alma, Alejandro, Fabiola...that was great!! And thanks for explaining "sweded"--I didn't watch that movie, lol! I liked your visual effects!

milos
milos Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 11:35 AM Quote
Excellent video! Very creative and funny. You really did a great job. And Be Kind Rewind is awesome! :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 3:05 PM Quote
That was so funny. First I love the tags about please don't sue us. And the special effects made me not only laugh out loud but snort outloud. For me the best one was the balloon. I loved seeing Fabiola wait for the moment and the fact that you can clearly see her holding a pin.

That was great fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:45 AM