any other inputs? :)

Re: Ode Musical :)
cornflakes
cornflakes Posted Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:49 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
leticia wrote:
Nell wrote:
Ana_Smith wrote:

How much does a plain ticket cost from Argentina to Switzerland? It can't be thaaaat expensive...

I would say about 250 bananas :)

I wonder what other people will think when they read that comment, haha!

Hahhhahhahha Man I laughed soooo hard! 250 bananas!...Christ! That's the best answer I've ever heard....Has Sarah read it yet? Hahhahhhahahhaaaa

Remember that the bananas must have a certain size.

hahahhahahahaaaaa

No sarah did not read it yet ! i just do :-)

ahah thanx Alex :-p 250 bananas with a certain size yes !!

ahaha maybe it was not a good idea to show you my banana :-)

and as already said somewhere else, GREAT and BIG stuff you are going to do Nora ! woooo :-p

sarah

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 22 Jul, 2009 1:38 PM Quote
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

AWESOME STUFF ur doing there Nora=DDDD Sorry I'm late in wishing anyways.....

GOOD MIGHTY LUCK my dear!!!:)

Sounds so super darn cOOL!I'm gonna collect 5000 bananas if that's what its gonna take for me to be able to fly to Switzerland to witness something as historic as that*o*
But of coz I ask politely,any room for one more Nora?;P
And Ana I want some of those churros too:D Leti YEAH YEAH YEAH pack a bit more of those delicious dulch de leche u got me all dreaming about for so long now=D

gromit373
gromit373 Posted Wed 22 Jul, 2009 1:53 PM Quote
that sounds awesome!!! in switzerland is it? you'll have to let us know when to buy our tickets to the awesomest show of the century......

good luck w/ everything!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 22 Jul, 2009 2:13 PM Quote
Wow! I hope you have a lot of fun doing this. (I can't imagine how you wouldn't) Sorry for the dumb question but what does LWCT stand for? I looked at the track titles and couldn't figure it out.

I do think that Nikki should get a "thanks" from Nell in the program. Just make sure to put two 'k's. ; )

cornflakes
cornflakes Posted Wed 22 Jul, 2009 3:03 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Wow! I hope you have a lot of fun doing this. (I can't imagine how you wouldn't) Sorry for the dumb question but what does LWCT stand for? I looked at the track titles and couldn't figure it out.

I do think that Nikki should get a "thanks" from Nell in the program. Just make sure to put two 'k's. ; )

it's not a dumb question at all
LWCT = love will come through :-)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 22 Jul, 2009 4:26 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Cool that's exactly what I need...

any other inputs? :)

Nah, I have no more input. I think the B-sides will be a good opportunity for you and your group to add some original ideas.

One request though. When my name is in lights on the marquee outside the playhouse next to Fran Healy, can you please spell my name right? ;) hehe.

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 22 Jul, 2009 8:58 PM Quote
edit:story's been changed and is at the end of the thread

Hey guys :)

since we've got about a year to go this through...we take it kinda slowly..
We think we're going to take in a few older songs - fitting in the storyline and kick out some of Ode - not because they're not beautiful - but because their really hard to sing for a bunch of crazy ppl ;).

We also changed the story a bit - ..But we might change it back again....as we're not quite satisfied yet. So don't wonder if the story doesn't fit yet or is too long/short etc. but feel free to give your opinions
The main idea is still Fran's "book" and what NiKKi (hahah sorry, forgot about the second k) made out of it.

Ok here's what we've got so far - we let it rest for now and concentrate on that project we're on at the moment. After that in Jan. 2010 we'll get on this one. Til then some of us are working on the design, some of us on the songs etc. but we all work together on it in Jan next time. Everybody took his job :) and will be busy til then :)

I guess I can tell you, since none of you can actually make it to our play ;).

The first sketch so far is (and it's NOT DONE YET! please don't be mad - if we've ruined the play - we still can change it and we will as I know my guys..):
Ah and yes: there are extremely many scenes..but sometimes quite short...and sometimes thoughts of J.Smith are showed and supported through/by the narrator...
------------------------------------------------------------

leticia
leticia Posted Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:42 PM Quote
Nora... I love it and I want to see it.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Thu 23 Jul, 2009 5:49 AM Quote

OMG Nora!
This is awesome! I imagine how excited you must be! The end of 2010 is quite far yet but time goes fast.
I would need more than 250 bananas (for me would be like 250 thousend! - by the way, Alex...what an answer! haha) to see this musical in situ, that would be amazing!

Congrats Nora!

cornflakes
cornflakes Posted Thu 23 Jul, 2009 7:42 AM Quote

i LOVE it :-p

i could not stop imagine it was me at her place (maybe because of the first name haha) but it is so real, i mean down to earth story, a story of relationship we have all known or seen in our lives

the end is so sad.....

now, i have to plan a trip to switzerland to see this in 2010 :-)

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 23 Jul, 2009 9:36 AM Quote

Glad you guys like...well that's it for the moment...

Hahha Sarah ;)..you're always welcome here! Just don't forget about the banana...you know which one...hahahaha..

Looking forward to the rehearsals :)

cheers :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 23 Jul, 2009 1:15 PM Quote
Just read through the sketch and I think it sounds very good! :) The other songs you've picked fits the story perfectly. When I started reading the first line I thought to my self: "Oh 3 Times And You Lose would really fit with this" and then I saw that you'd chosen to start with that song, brilliant!

I'm not sure about Love Will Come Through though cause it has a very hopeful message, but maybe that fits with Sarah being pregnant, I don't know...Eyes Wide Open fits very good and Battleships + Driftwood too... Maybe Turn could make it into the setlist... It's my favourite song and has quite a desperate message in it..."If we turn, tuuuurn, turn, turn turn..." "I want to see what people saw, I want to feel like I felt before", "I want to live in a world where I belong" I picture J talking a walk one night hoping that everything will work out and then he starts humming: "so where's the stars up in the sky and what's the moon...I want to siiiiing" and so on.. errrhm hehe I'm not much of a help! However I'd love to see the play, good job Nora! :)

One song that I think would fit very good is Slide Show...Maybe when J. Smith has just dropped the radio into the bathtub he starts remembering some good times and then the choir starts singing parts of Slide Show....and that guitar solo would be really strong to do!

Falling Down would also be a good song for J to sing to Sarah... "And I've got a kick out of you now I'm falling down..." "And I can't stand up anymore without falling down.."

And what about Luv....Haha this is getting to depressing :P

LAST TRAIN!! "She oh she's so strange, I don't know anything about here, but if it's all the same to you here's what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna write a song, gonna sing it to everyone cause it was you that wrote it too..." "You left me on the shelf and now there's no one to rely on" etc.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Thu 23 Jul, 2009 5:38 PM Quote
OH.MY.GOD!! It's brilliant so far, I can only begin to imagine how incredible this work in progress will turn out in the end. I wish I could see it for myself!!

I love the fact that you picked 3 times, it's such a good opening. Driftwood was an excellent choice as well as Battleships :)
And I think that LWCT fits the scene, the way I picture it, it's a hopeful moment...he wants to make it work, sees a light at the end of the tunnel, but slowly it fades away...

BTW, the 24 hour shot of people passing by in fast motion is a fantastic idea!

Make sure you get a camera by the time you do the play, one way or another I don't want to miss it!!

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 23 Jul, 2009 7:58 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Just read through the sketch and I think it sounds very good! :) The other songs you've picked fits the story perfectly. When I started reading the first line I thought to my self: "Oh 3 Times And You Lose would really fit with this" and then I saw that you'd chosen to start with that song, brilliant!

I'm not sure about Love Will Come Through though cause it has a very hopeful message, but maybe that fits with Sarah being pregnant, I don't know...Eyes Wide Open fits very good and Battleships + Driftwood too... Maybe Turn could make it into the setlist... It's my favourite song and has quite a desperate message in it..."If we turn, tuuuurn, turn, turn turn..." "I want to see what people saw, I want to feel like I felt before", "I want to live in a world where I belong" I picture J talking a walk one night hoping that everything will work out and then he starts humming: "so where's the stars up in the sky and what's the moon...I want to siiiiing" and so on.. errrhm hehe I'm not much of a help! However I'd love to see the play, good job Nora! :)

One song that I think would fit very good is Slide Show...Maybe when J. Smith has just dropped the radio into the bathtub he starts remembering some good times and then the choir starts singing parts of Slide Show....and that guitar solo would be really strong to do!

Falling Down would also be a good song for J to sing to Sarah... "And I've got a kick out of you now I'm falling down..." "And I can't stand up anymore without falling down.."

And what about Luv....Haha this is getting to depressing :P

LAST TRAIN!! "She oh she's so strange, I don't know anything about here, but if it's all the same to you here's what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna write a song, gonna sing it to everyone cause it was you that wrote it too..." "You left me on the shelf and now there's no one to rely on" etc.

You're a fucking genius!!!!

BAH!

LWCT -PREGNANCY_ WILL CHANGE THAT! THX ALEX SO MUCH! I was soooooooo unhappy with that scene..but they wanted to have that song in it....arghh...perfectly! So we don't make it about HIM - but about HER! PERFECT
BRILLIANT THX!!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:41 AM