Travis

Ode Musical :)
Nell
Nell Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 9:57 PM Quote

Hello my fellow boardies :)

I just gotta tell you this cos I'm sooo excited about it :)

I'm playing in a band and in a musical-kinda-thingy called TenSing. Never mind about that.

The news is: We decided to do Ode to J.Smith as a musical by the end of 2010. At the moment the story work out progress is going on (thx to whoever wrote that down here). We decided to take in LWCT (as we wanted J.Smith to have a heavy secret lying on his head...) and One night (when he dies).

Otherwise we're probably doing the whole record with all the B-sides and the story we worked out before.

We've got the "ok" from the "Suisa" company - so whenever we're performing Travis will get paid for it.

Now does someone still got the story? Or knows in which thread to find the story?

I remember it, and I've got it written down somewhere...(otherwise you can tell me where my "somewhere" might be?) :)

Man..I'm so excited!

So far up to now: The whole theater part is played only by our 2 ppl: J.Smith and Sarah. But there's also a storyteller cos we figured ppl might not be listening to the lyrics and we do not want to lay everything into the hands of those protagonist(s).

About Snow falling down (Chinese Blues) ...we're going to film our city in december (we often did that)...you can put your camera there for 24 hours....so you see ppl walking, you see them by day and night - and the snow falling down...we did something similar 7 years ago in an other musical...so that should be covered....

Geee I'm happy :)

It's like the cherry of the cake - (the cake: Travis on sunday) :)

So please :) I need the link to the thread - or the story again with the songs to it (And IF possible with B-sides...)

Or otherwise I gotta work it out again or find my notes - which could take me weeks!...And I'm an impatient girl ;)

Cheers

and thx ind advance!

Nora

Re: Ode Musical :)
lestafox
lestafox Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:04 PM Quote
Interesting, would love to actually see somebodys take on the album in a play but still gutted Fran wont tell us the real story, i fear he may never speak of it :-(

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:18 PM Quote
OMG!!!! Nora that's sooooo cool!!! I want to see it! I'm so excited for you my friend... I'm sure it will be amazing.

Perhaps Alex knows where is that thread. I have absolutely no idea!

I'd love to see the guys' faces when they see this =)

Congrats!!!

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:33 PM Quote
Hey that's really interesting. I'm starting seeing Ode as a Film haha, true, when i'm hearing the song from Ode, i'm watching scences of a movie with my own theories of J Smith

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:36 PM Quote
I think I've found the thread!

The "story" of J. Smith

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:41 PM Quote

Hahha coooool thx sooo sooo much Alex!

I was just browsing with the key word "Ode to J.Smith" and that gave me loads of pages...

Now I'm gonna read through all these comments again.....

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:43 PM Quote
haha there's lots of theories, but it will be nice after you read all of them make your own thoery to see what you think ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:44 PM Quote
I tried with story + smith, but that didn't gave me anything, very strange. I tried with just story and then found it with some luck actually cause the thread didn't have a name in the search thingy, it just said: :P "The"

You're welcome :)

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:46 PM Quote

yah this searching thing is really strange..

yeah..I'll work through it tomorrow ...and then write everything down - check it with my friends and then put it up here - which storyline we're going to follow :)

thx again :)

I'm sooo looking forward to it!

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:50 PM Quote
it would be really gret to see the musical when it'll be ready ;)
I would like in a future that Ode to J Smith beacomes a movie haha, wouldn't be great a film based on an Album?

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:51 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Me too :)

How much does a plain ticket cost from Argentina to Switzerland? It can't be thaaaat expensive...

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:52 PM Quote
leticia wrote:
Nell wrote:

How much does a plain ticket cost from Argentina to Switzerland? It can't be thaaaat expensive...

I would say about 250 bananas :)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:55 PM Quote
It sounds terrific Nora! You've chosen to undertake quite a huge project!! Can't wait to hear how it all turns out.
The best of lucks!! And please keep us posted :)

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
leticia wrote:
Nell wrote:

I wonder what other people will think when they read that comment, haha!
Leti, if Travis doesn't come to Argentina before the premiere and if they happen to be playing near Switzerland, I say we get on a plane and see both for the price of one!! ;)

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 11:10 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
It sounds terrific Nora! You've chosen to undertake quite a huge project!! Can't wait to hear how it all turns out.
The best of lucks!! And please keep us posted :)

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
leticia wrote:
Nell wrote:

I wonder what other people will think when they read that comment, haha!
Leti, if Travis doesn't come to Argentina before the premiere and if they happen to be playing near Switzerland, I say we get on a plane and see both for the price of one!! ;)

Hahhhahhahha Man I laughed soooo hard! 250 bananas!...Christ! That's the best answer I've ever heard....Has Sarah read it yet? Hahhahhhahahhaaaa

Hahha let's hope the economic crisis holds on a bit longer...so the flight won't be more then 250 bananans :p

It'd be fucking awesome: To go: See Travis playing here, and then our play (where Leti could play Sarah..(as already said..right?))...and have a nice trip through Switzerland..or whichever town you like (hahha...did you get that?)....

haha anyway: Youse could sleep here for free, also free food and free transport system for you ;) YOU JUST HAVE TO COME HERE! YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME HERE :)

Just one fee: 1 Dulce de Leche please..and this sticky candy kinda thing, Ana I think, showed me once..or was showed in this "neglecting UK" thread....

So I'm working through all those comments on this site now...

or tomorrow?...it's sooo late...then I'm gonna work out the chords, riffs, piano lines, guitar lines, bass lines etc. etc.....Men I LOVE HOLIDAY :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 11:22 PM Quote
Wow, that's awesome, Nora! Best of luck on the project! :o)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:21 AM